2.20.2012

All used up: Loreal Extra Volume Collagene Mascara


I am actually giving up on this, it's not expired or finished, I just can't be bothered with it anymore.

It started out as an ok mascara, nothing spectacular, didn't do anything for my lashes, but it didn't flake or smudge either, so it was fine for everyday use. Then, I guess as it dried up a little, it was almost brilliant. I say almost, as it's nothing close to Holy Grails such as the YSL Faux Cils, the Clinique High Impact or Benefit BADgal, but it was pretty good, at least considering the pricepoint, though there are better. I have to mention though, I don't know if this is a pet peeve/hate for others, but for me this matters a lot as I have very sensitive eyes, it was really difficult to get off at night. With Bioderma, with Bi-Facil and Take the day off. So now you know!

But back to this one. So I enjoyed the mascara for about 2-3 weeks, and then it changed. Now I have never had a problem with mascara's smudging or flaking on me. Not sure why I have been this lucky, but perhaps it's all those lucky coins I awkwardly do decide to pick up when I find them. The only times I've had flaky mascaras has been when I realise they've dried up only AFTER I've started applying, but that's after at least 2-3 months (When your supposed to throw them out anyway) and completely justified. This mascara had been used for aprox 1 month. It might be cheap, but if your supposed to buy a new one every month, getting only 2-3 weeks of good wear out of every tube, then things are starting to look rather expensive.

All in all, not the biggest mascara fail I've purchased, that is one from Collection2000 but more on that another time, but I would definitely not recommend it. If you want drugstore steer clear of this one and go for the Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes instead, or just the regular Voluminous Lashes instead. Who needs collagen on their lashes anyway?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig