3.28.2012

All used up: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser Oil-Free


Anyone who's been in the beauty community for at least a little while will have at least heard of this product. It has become such a staple it's not too far off being a necessity such as the 8 Hour Cream or the Beauty Flash Balm.

This wonderful tinted moisturiser finally became mine right around this time a year ago. Upon first application I instantly knew this was a winner. It set beautifully. I had no idea a product could be this good.


I should probably mention that prior to this I had only used one other tinted moisturiser, the Lancome Hydra Zen Tinted Moisturiser, which was by all means a fine product, but not like this one. Somehow this made my skin glow, looking healthy and radiant, when all I wanted to do was jump on the next tube straight back to bed.

With a primer it stays on for as long as you need it too, and with a silicone primer and concealer at hand you can hide whatever you feel needs a bit more camouflage.

That being said, it is not something I opted for when skin times were though as it does not conceal blemishes, acne scars, pigmentation marks and excessive redness very well and is mostly good at just evening the skintone and giving you that dewy look as mentioned. If you feel you need a lot of coverage then a tinted moisturiser is not going to be for you, but if nothing else it's really nice to have at hand on those days, when you don't plan on leaving the house, yet need to run some quick errands and you still feel like freshening up a little.



I had this in the colour Nude and it was the perfect shade. Tinted moisturisers are on the sheerer side so I do feel you can get away with it being a tad darker/lighter than your skin if you really blend it out so it can be used for most of the year.

My only complaint is, as with the Silk Creme Foundation, that when this expires, it really does expire. It starts to smell a bit off and as soon as it did I stopped using it. Nothing smelly goes on my face! That being said, it was almost a year after and should have been used up and re-purchased already had I only been a girl with less products.

Then for the billion dollar question: Is it better than the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser? No. I never thought I'd say this, but I have found something that I think is just that little bit better than the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser. Still they are quite different, and the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser has a range suited for several skintypes and not just the one from Nars. For me the Nars one just so happens to be perfectly suited to all my skin concerns, so that's why it's a winner for me personally. When it comes down to just formula against formula in general I think it's a definite tie.

All in all though this tinted moisturiser comes with the highest of recommendations and definitely needs to be tried at least once in a beauty obsessed girls life!

 Above the product as it comes out of the tube, and below as it looks when blended out. The finish is absolutely beautiful as you can see!


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I feel like I would really love this product! Again, no where to be found :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame Laura Mercier can be really hard to find around Europe.. If you have Nars available I actually prefer their Tinted Moisturiser over this one though!! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Nars isn't available neither! I can only order it from their website! But than you get the problem of choosing a shade.. Or you from Europe too? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've lived a few different places around Europe and the only places I haven't had a hard time finding LM products is London! I think you'd be Alaska or Finland from looking at your picture.. Maybe check out some swatches online? Or perhaps just wait until your in London or Paris next, I know they've got LM at Printemps at Haussmann/Paris and pretty much everywhere around London :) xx

      Delete
  3. London is at the top of my 'places-to-visit' list :) I've been to Paris a few times when I was younger. But I wasn't into make-up at the time, so never looked for good stuff there :) No, I'm not from Alaska or Finland :) Why do you think that? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he no the shade 'Alaska' or 'Finland' in the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser!! :D xx

      Delete
  4. Ah hahahaaaa!:D I was thinking how can she see that from a picture? :D I love that they gave their shades such fun names though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he! Yeah Nars always have weird names for their products.. At least these weren't sexual like so many of their other products! I guess you don't really want to apply something called "G-Spot" or "Orgasm" all over your face! he he xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig