3.27.2012

Review: Benefit The Porefessional


The Porefessional is a silky silicone primer, much like Dr Brandt's Pores No More, Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch, Too Faced's Primed and Poreless and the list goes on. It's balmy texture conceals pores and imperfections, mattifies and can be worn alone or under foundation.

I prefer to use this primer under a tinted moisturiser. Specifically my Laura Mercier one. It doesn't really work for me with anything else, but for some reason, combined with the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser, it does all the things I wanted it to. And I have since worn the LM without the Porefessional, and there is a difference.


With a foundation I find this does not mattify in the long run, which is fine as I never expected it to as it does not claim to. But, as it doesn't mattify, when my skin get a little oily my foundation just slides off wherever I have applied this. Now I don't have very oily skin, I wouldn't even really categorise it as oily at all, just normal, oily at times. But if I'm warm on the London tube or I'm out on a beautiful day, whatever I'm wearing this under (Except the Laura Mercier) slides straight off my face, yet stays wherever this isn't.

My theory is that it could have something to do with the fact that my LM tinted moisturiser is the oil-free one, and my foundations aren't always oil free. I am no chemist and I don't know why this would cause what's happening, but it is my observation and you can take it for what it is!


But back to when I use it with my tinted moisturiser (I've written that word about a thousand times in this review it feels like, sorry about the repetitiveness). When used together the Porefessional really delivers. It gives me that extra bit of coverage just where I need it, conceals my pores (almost) completely and "pulls it's weight" so to speak.


All in all I don't think I will be rushing out to re-purchase this any time soon when it does run out. I am more eager to try one of those other similar ones mentioned to see if they can work under any type of foundation (I have already bought the Clarins one and is trying it out - review to come!). I will enjoy using it 'till the end though!

Above what the Porefessional looks like straight out of the tube, and below how it looks when blended out.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. do u prefer this or the dr brant one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between the two I'd say The Porefessional! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig