3.13.2012

Review: Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask for Dry Hair


I received four sachets of this product to try some time ago and finally got around to giving it a go. I've never tried anything from 'Phyto' before so I was quite excited.

One of these was enough for about one and a half treatment so the four would have lasted six washes, however, I threw the last one and a half out after four washes as I just couldn't bear using them anymore. I wanted to finish them to give a thorough review, but I just couldn't do it to my hair. I've gone back to my Redken Colour Extend and my hair is already about a million times better.

What the full-sized product looks like*

I never understand products like this. I mean, yes, sometimes a product doesn't perform as well as it should, but at least it usually works a little. This mask is for dry hair, yet I ended up with dry hair when I didn't really have it to begin with! My ends are a bit dry, as is anyones who's got long hair, but my roots are definitely not. I have classic 21st century hair, tired ends and an oily scalp from all the heavy treatments used to treat the ends.

After using this the first time I thought it gave pretty decent results, my hair felt really clean, if that makes any sense? I also noticed a different in texture. I guess it turns out that this was due to the drying effect near my scalp, and the texture was also due to drying my hair out. By the end of this trial the hair even near my scalp was coarse and.. just strange, I can't think of any other way to describe it. I am so happy I had more than just one sample of this cause had I just used the one I might have thought it was a wonderful product!


*The picture of the full sized product is taken from Lookfantastic.com!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig