3.30.2012

Review: YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain in 7


Another brand new highly innovative product to launch this spring! It truly is an exciting time for any beauty junkie. There's already been a lot of hype surrounding these, and I finally got my hands on my very own in the shade 7.

First of all let me just say, could you give it a longer name, could you YSL? I have decided to simply call these "Rouge Pur Coutures" from now on. So my newly acquired Rouge Pur Couture is in the lovely shade 7. It is quite a natural, "your lips but better" or "YLBB" shade with a bit of an orangey tint to it making a bit of fun as well.


I have never owned or tried a stain before, so let's just put that out there. Though in a funny coincidence had just decided to try one when these launched. Doing a bit of research on others before it seemed from other people's experiences stains have a tendency to be a bit drying on the lips. I can happily report that these do not dry my lips out any more than normal!


Now, the reason I was looking for a stain. While I love bold and bright lip colours, the boyfriend doesn't love it when they accidentally get on his lips instead. So I thought a lip stain would be the perfect investment! I haven't done a kiss test yet as I bought these at the airport on the way to visit family, but I will be sure to let you know! I highly doubt it will fail because these will really stain your lips. Let me just say, be careful when swatching these and wipe them off straight away unless you want a mark on your hand for the rest of the day, that happened to me!


The way most seem to be applying these, me included, is to first add a quick coat and let it stain the lips, only then to apply a second coat for the glossy lipstick effect. I find this works the best as well. It truly gives just an amazing opaque glossy effect! It also stains the lips from the start of the day to the finish. I have no complaints on the Rouge Pur Coutures to think of.

I absolutely love this product and am so excited to be returning to my once favorite brand Yves Saint Laurent I can't wait to start collecting these!

Highly highly highly recommended!

I have since this purchased the 13 as well, - click here for a mini-review and swatches -

Here I have swatched the shade 7 using the sponge tip applicator, such a lovely lovely colour!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig