6.01.2012

Review: Bare Minerals/Escentuals Faux Tan Sunless Tanner


With this latest sweep of sunshine that has hit Europe I'm sure I'm not the only one that's felt a bit uneasy putting their legs on show for the first time in a while. There are numerous reasons for this, one being their sorry pale state, and so I have kept at it testing self-tanners for you guys.


The second self-tanner to go trough the wringer is Bare Mineral's 'Faux Tan'. It is safe to use on both the face and body, suitable for sensitive skin and claims to not clog pores or irritate the skin. According to the description on BareEscentuals.com the lotion's natural-based formula moisturises, hydrates and protects the skin with Aloe Vera and vegetable-derived emollients. It is also ment to last 5-7 days and has a streak-free formula due to it being tinted and supposedly easy to apply.

Then onto how it really is.


I quite like it, I have to say. The lotion is not just tinted, it's "mega tinted", almost black, so it is indeed quite easy to apply as there are few doubts as to where it's been applied and not. I applied this using a St Tropez self-tanning application mitt and the two worked beautifully in combination. It dries fairly fast, but nothing groundbreaking.


I am not sure on how fast the tan develops. As the lotion is so tinted your pretty much instantly mega-tanned and as I wear this for either a whole day or night, or both, I only see the results when I shower it off and it has of course fully developed by then. The tan itself is very impressive. Finally I have found a tanner that really does give me colour, and with only one application! Other tanners will always give me a nice glow, but this gives me colour. It is the most impressive self-tanner I have seen to date. Add to that that the very tinted lotion really does make for an easily streak-free application and I think this one is going for the re-buy awards.


Beyond the colour the tan is impressively natural. It's the kind of self tanner where you forget it's fake and start to wonder if you got that tan by just taking the trash out. It also fades like a normal tan would, no patches or scaling or weirdness. I would say it does last the claimed 5-7 days. Those kinds of results do differ from person to person, and I think it really does help that I moisturise daily anyway.


One con is that while it doesn't seem to clog pores, it does seem to sink into them and in so making it look like I have some more blackheads than I do (When self-tanner sinks into pores, after it has developed it can give a blackhead-like effect). It is not as drying as many other self-tanners, so a big plus for that, but it is still a bit drying so that's kind of a minus, though by in comparison to others it's much better so I'm not really sure wether this is a good or a bad.

All in all I really do recommend this. Especially to anyone new to self tanning as this one really is much, much easier to apply than many others. The tan is beautiful, gives great lasting results from just one application and fades gradually and naturally. Definitely a winner in my book!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig