7.03.2012

All used up: Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask


Sanctuary Spa has a fairly reasonable collection of skincare and body care products on offer in Boots. I have tried quite a few of their products and can honestly say I've never been dissappointed. On it's usual 3 for 2 offer I picked up my first 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask about two years ago out of mere curiosity.

Sanctuary's 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask is a gray clay mask that heats up when it's rubbed against the skin. It's very comfortable, but the heat fades quickly. The clay itself is of a very thick consistency and can be difficult to spread over dry skin, it can tug a little and will irritate sensitive skin. I pat a small amount of water to a cleansed face before applying it, this way there is no tugging and it applies smoothly. I leave it on for the recommended 5 minutes before I rinse it off with lukewarm water.


In my skincare routine I use a clay mask, this clay mask, to draw out impurities, unclog pores and keep my skin a tad more matte. I use it once every 4 days. This goes miles to keeping my skin in much better condition. After having this on for a few minutes I can actually see sebum having been extracted to the surface of my skin, ready to be washed off. A bit disgusting, I know, but better there than tucked away inside blocked pores!


The Detox Mask is available at Boots for only £10.20 and is usually part of a 3 for 2 skincare deal! If so I recommend having a look at other Sancutary, or Soap and Glory products as they are usually very good!

Even though I use this once to twice a week I find this lasts me almost one year, which is quite impressive. I have actually purchased Origins Clay Mask to try now that this has run out, but only because I can't buy Sanctuary where I am living at the moment. The next time I'm in London I will  be picking up a new one for sure. This is a staple in my skincare routine and I highly, highly recommend it for anyone with bigger pores, acne prone skin, skin that's feeling a bit clogged or very oily skin.

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. wow! such a good review.
    find this product very interesting.
    i want to buy this <3
    very good blog and interesting

    love
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beau :)
      If you think it'd suit your skintype then you really should try it, it's such a great mask at a bargain price! :) x

      Delete
  2. Definitely going to try this - sebum in my pores stresses me out so much haha. I love sanctuary spa as well, their body souffle is amazing! Thanks for the comment btw :) the necklace is from New Look, just £6! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he! I LOVE their body souffle! :) Typical, no New Look here! :( Really have to take a trip to London soon!! x

      Delete
  3. It sounds great, I love Sanctuary products.. I keep nicking my mum's body souffle thingy, so lush! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he the Body Souffle is amazing! I really like their invigorating shower gel as well! :) x

      Delete
  4. I've really wanted to try this! Great review. I just followed :)

    Sophie at Sophie Victoria
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie! You should definitely try it then, you'll love it I'm sure!! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I found this product has lasted me ages too, been using it for almost half a year now and not even half way through!! Please check out my review at http://hiddentreasure21.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how long it lasts! It's cool to see we've had similar experiences from using this :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig