7.02.2012

Favourites: June 2012


These are products that I have used and loved this month. It could be new purchases or old re-discoveries. There won't always be one in every category, as this is not for what I've been using, but products that have really stood out and that has gotten me excited about make up and skincare. Sometimes I might include things from other categories if I feel it's worth a mention, but not always.

Let me first apologize for being a bit late with this post. I am currently feeling a bit under the weather and looking at a computer screen is seriously hurting my eyes. However, I have prevailed to give you my monthly favourites!


The Skincare
- Biotherm Baume Corps Intensive Body Treatment with apricot oil
It's summer and when it's summer nothing feels more natural to me than using Biotherm's orange body lotion. Ment for dry skin this is a yearly treat that smells divine (of apricot), leaves my skin perfectly nourished without being greasy and never breaks me out. I love these, and I'm sure a lot of you guys do too as this is a very popular body lotion! Biotherm has also re-formulated these to not include parabens which brings me great joy. Mine is of the old formula unfortunately, but I can't wait to try the paraben-free ones!

- Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Lotion
I have written reviews on 2/4 of my Mushroom products so far, and if you've read them you know that I love them. The face lotion is no different and has been a blessing this month, especially as I have been working longer hours and getting a bit less sleep than I would have normally liked. Can not recommend this line enough! A life saver!

- Bioderma Crealine H2O Solution Micellaire
My makeup remover of choice. It's cheap, it's gentle and it's effective at removing makeup. Not the best in the world for stubborn mascara and eyeliners, but the rest is off in no time at all. I can't believe this has still yet to be exported out of France and across the globe!

- Estee Lauder Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator
I have previously mentioned this in my Guide to: Eye creams and while I was a bit off it for a while, I am now back in love. This really do help brighten up my under eye area and the cooling applicator does feel really nice on tired eyes. Will be sad when it's empty soon.

- La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL 50+
A recent purchase of mine that I started using straight. This has completely blown my mind and I knew instantly it would be featured in my next favourites post. I am currently working on a review that will be up soon!


The Makeup
- Revlon ColorStay Foundation in 180 Sand Beige for Oily/Combination Skin - click here for review -
This might be a bit of a shocker, it was for me as well. But in combination with my Real Techniques buffing brush and only needing very little as my skin has been very nice lately, this has given continuously amazing and flawless results. The long-wearing formula has also been a winner for long days at work.

- Real Techniques Buffing Brush
Might as well cover this one straight. In combination with almost every foundation I've used this month, this has impressed me every time. I've seen reviews on the new buffing brush from the line and is really keen to try one out for myself.

- Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack
As most of you, I'm sure, I am always changing my preference from liquid, pencil and gel eyeliner. I have now entered the gel eyeliner phase, and though I know I will change my mind on this at some point, I can currently not understand my choice to use anything else! It's also so great for smudging out liner and making a really sexy eye.

- Mac 208 Brush
With gel eyeliners come eyeliner brushes and Mac's 208 has been doing it's job real well this month. For me it's the perfect lenght, both handle and brush, and gives me great control of where my black line goes and ends up. It's also easy breezy to clean.

- Yves Saint Laurent 'YSL' Poudre Sur Mesure Semi-Loose Powder Natural Radiance
I'm not a fan of the matte face, and certainly not a powdered finish. This powder, that you twist and mill yourself, is so finely milled that when dusted over your face it sets your makeup with the most natural finish I've seen to date. I even use it with the brush it comes with, it's of seriously great quality! I will write a full review on this powder soon as I've had it for a long time and I really think it deserves some more attention than it's been getting.

- Smashbox Photo Finish Light Oil-Free Primer - click here for review -
I've written a review on this recently, and as you could tell from that, I simply adore this primer. It evens out my skintone, fills in pores and lines, doesn't break me out and keeps my make up on for longer. What more could one ask of a primer?! Love.

On a last note, I am considering starting doing empties post, is that something you guys would be interested in reading about? Also, let me know what your favorites were this month? Have you used any of these products? I hope everyone had a great month! x

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Great favourites! I want to try the Real Techniques brushes so bad, I've just heard so much amazing stuff about it!
    Also, we finally do have Zara here in Australia, although there are only a few stores and they're not as good as some of the international stores I've been too, but they're opening more and hopefully they'll be better. Zara is just soooooo popular here that going to the store is really overwhelming with so many people in the store.

    http://risingsun-fashionbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he I can only imagine.. I guess it could be somewhat like Topshop on Oxford St in London, or Primark. Primark I can't even be inside for more than 5 minutes on a saturday without feeling like I need a drink to calm down.. But great that you guys have Zara finally, maybe you could just shop online instead of going to the stores? :)
      Real Techniques brushes are awesome (Not all of them though, some are a bit useless), you should definitely give them a try if you can :) x

      Delete
  2. u have a lot of favs! :) such good ones tho :) i love the smashbox primer too! actually i love smashbox in general... think they're fab! xxx

    http://www.unnakednails.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he I know, but I love them! :D I've only really tried the primer from Smashbox, I am yet to really try out the brand, but Smashbox has definitely gotten my interest with this primer! Happy you liked my favourites! :) x

      Delete
  3. ooh, I'm interested in trying the Smashbox photo finish light primer and honestly would die for a real techniques brush! x
    Raves 'nd Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he they are both really really great!! :) x

      Delete
  4. I recently bought the real techniques brush set, I love it! there soo soft! :)

    Grace x

    http://littlefashionstudent.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing!! And for the price a bargain! :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig