7.19.2012

NOTD: Chanel 535 May




I applied Chanel's 535 May on top of Chanel's Protective Base Coat and it went on perfectly, it almost "melted" onto my nails. No streaking, almost no excess on the sides and completely even. This is the first polish in a veery long time I've applied using only one coat.


One coat doesn't provide full opacity, but I thought (for once) it didn't matter as it looked quite nice and flattering even though a hint of my nails were showing through. Having said that, they show through barely and only if you stare at my nails up close.


The finish is a beautiful cream finish that I absolutely love. It also dries very quickly, which is always a huge plus. Foolishly I applied the Chanel Extreme Shine Top Coat on top and it kind of ruined the gorgeous look of May, it's much nicer without a shiny finish. That's down to me being silly though, and not Chanel's fault. If anything I have to give credit to the top coat for really providing a hell of a lot of shine!


The color is a gorgeous muted pink perfect for almost every ocassion and one I was surprised to find very wearable, despite it's obvious barbie pink tones. It's girly, but not too girly. It's suitable for almost every age and is actually quite classy; yet fun and fresh for summer at the same time. Chanel fails, yet again, in terms of wear. I have used their polishes with many different base and top coats, as well as alone, but wear time is always dissapointing. May already had chipping on day 2 and by day 3 it was quite noticeable. On day 4 it was chipped to the point where I would have preferred taking it off, but ended up with no time to do it, so it stayed on for 5 days, when It was absolutely necessary to remove.

As almost always with Chanel polishes/varnishes, my conclusion is; love the color, disappointing wear time. I really hope Chanel changes their formula for the better one day soon as the quality their offering at the moment, and at that price, is such a shame. Especially as their colors are usually so perfect and spot on trend!

SHARE:

19 comments

  1. wow it is an amazing color :) looking so coll on your lips <3 www.mahrukhhayyat.blogspot.com .. Following you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But do you mean the nail polish or my lipstick in my blogger profile picture? :) x

      Delete
  2. One word - BEAUTIFUL, this is probably my perfect colour for a nail varnish!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it really is gorgeous! :) such a shame for the wear time.. :( xx

      Delete
  3. Great Post! Check out my blog www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk , I post random posts, including fashion, tv, music & books etc and I ALWAYS follow back, so follow me if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa :) i'll make sure to check out your blog! x

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty colour!

    check out my blog, http://fallingfeatherss.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is :) i'll make sure to check out your blog :) x

      Delete
  5. that colour is gorgeus :) plz check out my blog and make sure to tell me what u think :)

    http://89lisa.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely! I'll make sure to check out your blog Lisa :) x

      Delete
  6. i love that colour! It must look so fine on your nails! (and mine too, btw!;))
    Please check out my blog, maybe we could follow each other? Let me know!

    kisses

    www.fabonasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he I'm sure it will look amazing on your nails! Just wish it'd look amazing for longer! x

      Delete
  7. What a lovely colour :) I love Chanel products xx

    www.beautyshewrote.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its gorgeous :) Me too, Chanel is really good quality overall I think plus there's just something about those C's :) xx

      Delete
  8. I love this color! I have the color April. It was difficult to pick just one, but since the price I couldn't let myself buy more:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE April! I know, this release by Chanel was the first in a loong time when I was drawn to every single shade! :) xx

      Delete
  9. Yes, they where all lovely, but I wasn't to sure if 'June' would suit my skin color. And since 'April' is such a sophisticated color, I picked that one:) Were you a fan of the color Peridot? There was so much fuss about it, but I wasn't quite drawn to it to be honest:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention Peridot.. I wasn't too drawn too it initially when it was first released, but I tried it recently and have review of it coming soon! :) xx

      Delete
    2. Ooh that's a coincidence:) Looking forward to it! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig