7.25.2012

The Liebster Award



The lovely Amy over at Rising Sun tagged me for this award a few weeks back and I am so honored. The only reason it's taken me a while to write this post is I had to find 11 blogs with under 200 followers that I wanted to tag myself. That and my holiday was right there in the middle as well!

So... what exactly is the Liebster Award?
   The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
   The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

The Rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember no tag backs!

11 Things about me:
1. I have a brother
2. My boyfriend is french
3. I went to a Professional Makeup School and sometimes do work as a makeup artist
4. Early fall weather is my favorite
5. I am moving into a new apartment soon and hopefully will get a cute little persian kitten
6. I used to have platinum blonde hair
7. I love listening to alternative strange music and old school rock n roll from the 60s and 70s
8. I'm trying to learn a bit of french
9. I have a nephew
10. I don't like talking about myself too much
11. I can't eat anything with or made from milk

Amy's 11 questions for me:
1. What is one beauty/skincare product that you can never be bothered to use?
- I'm quite strict with my beauty and skincare routines so there's not really anything I tend to skip. The only thing could be my Mario Badescu Silver Powder that I always seem to forget until I've already slapped on my nightcream!

2. Which one do you like more, makeup or hair?
- Makeup, definitely. Though I feel hair is immensely important for an overall polished look. Something I feel is unachievable with bad hair.

3. Why did you start blogging?
- It just felt like the natural next step. I've been reading blogs and watching youtube videos for a few years now and thought it was time I got a bit involved myself. Especially as writing has always been something I find fun to do and quite relaxing.

4. What is your favourite social media website/app?
- I don't really use social media too much as I don't like to put too much of my personal life on the internet. However, I've recently discovered Polyvore and Pinterest and find the two to be quite fun!

5. What is your all time favourite mascara?
- I think either YSL Faux Cils or Benefit BadGal. Diorshow Extase really has impressed me recently, but as I've never owned the full sized version I'm not sure if it dries out as quickly as the regular DiorShow, which is a huge minus in my book.

6. What is your favourite clothing/accessory type?
- Rings! I LOVE huge, colorful statement/cocktail rings. I have plenty of them and you will never see me without a ring on my left ring finger.

7. Do you prefer curly or straight hair?
- I love a bit of a Victoria's Secret wave, but has also loved my natural waves lately that I get from air drying it. I've never really been into straight hair and don't even own a hair straightener! Having said that, I can easily straighten my hair with just a blowdryer.

8. Bold lips or dramatic eyes?
- I'd have to say bold lips as it's what I almost always go for. However, dramatic eyes on some occasions and on big nights out.

9. What is your favorite hobby?
- It has to be makeup and skincare. The hours I've put into both working and researching for this blog combined with just reading what other's have written and filmed should be quite a high number. Not that I'm in any way complaining, I love it!

10. What is one thing you don't like about yourself?
- Sometimes I can be a bit too nice and give people a few too many chances and in doing so let myself be taken a bit advantage of. I also hold myself to insanely high standards, though this is what drives me to work hard so in a way it's not all bad.

11. What are three things that you DO like about yourself? (:
- I'm good at being objective and not obsessing over things I can't do anything about, I don't mind spending hours and hours analyzing my friends situation and trying to help them get through whatever it is that their going through (Though I am painfully honest when I think it's necessary) and I am quite disciplined.

11 blogs I tag for the Liebster Award:
(In no particular order)
1. Look Sleek Not Cheap by Darlene
2. Glamourtramp by Abbi Fay
3. Froward Fashion by Veronica
4. Laura's Beauty Blog by Laura
5. A Lipstick A Day by Sylvie
6. Betty Leopard by Betty Leopard
7. Little Bear Found by Little Bear Found
8. Courtney xo by Courtney Farrow
9. Stacey From The Blog by Stacey Connolly
10. Purple Shampoo by Carly
11. Blondie xo by Sarah

My 11 Questions for my tagged bloggers:
1. What's the most life changing skincare product you've discovered?
2. What's your dream job?
3. Your worst habit?
4. Your favorite store and why?
5. What's your favorite tv-show and why?
6. Worst movie you've ever seen?
7. Favorite nail polish?
8. If you could have any one beauty (makeup, skincare, hair, body anything!) item for free, which would you choose and why?
9. Favorite overall makeup brand and why?
10. Least favorite makeup brand and why?
11. Favorite all time blog and youtube channel?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Thanks for tagging me girl:) Gonna get to it later on.. my first tag:D

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm looking forward to doing this later on! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including me! I hope to do the tag soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou for tagging me! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award!


    i'm a new follower and look forward to your upcoming posts :)
    www.iampiscesw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for following me :) x x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig