8.24.2012

Summer Holiday Hauls: The Skincare


The second installment of my 'Summer Holiday Hauls' trilogy. This is the skincare, mainly purchased from different pharmacies in different locations along the French Riviera.

 

Filorga Sleep And Peel Resurfacing Night Cream
This has been featured in quite a few of my favourites posts already so most of you will already know how much I love this product. I finished my last one up a short while ago and bought a new one first chance I got. I've been using this as my only exfoliator since getting it to really test it out in order to write a full review for you guys, until then; it's brilliant!

Bioderma Sebium Mat Anti-Shine Fluid
As my Shiseido Pureness moisturiser is about to run out I wanted to find something similar to the rather simple mattifying moisturiser to use as an alternative. As I wrote in my review of the Pureness line, while the Shiseido moisturiser is a great product, I've felt it's a bit expensive for something so simple. This will be my first attempt to "dupe" it.

Klorane Dry Shampoo With Nettle
My favourite dry shampoo - hands down. I am currently using the Batiste and when that runs out I will go back to using this one. Batiste is good - Klorane is great! I can not recommend this dry shampoo enough!


TAAJ Eau Micellaire De L'Himalaya
I still have yet to try this as I am keeping it on hold for when I finish my Lancome Bi-Phasil and some of the samples that I have. I've heard some nice things about this on quite a few blogs after it was featured in a beauty box some time ago and when I saw it in the pharmacy in Marseille I was quite excited to get to try it myself.


LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetique Fresh Face Mask
Oh my, where to begin?! I will write a full review on this very shortly so I won't go into it all too much here, but this is one of the most amazing masks I have ever used!


LUSH Eau A Rome
My skin got a little dry from the hot summer sun and so I picked up this to bring some moisture back to it. I used it on a cotton pad as a toner and sometimes as a refreshing mist, though I mainly used my trused Institut Esthederm ones for that! So far I really quite like this as a toner. This was my first try of any type of skincare, product actually, by Lush aside from their 'Fresh Face Masks' and I have been quite impressed. I will definitely be trying some more.

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac UV Legere Anti-Redness Moisturiser
In the spirit of 'dupeing' and bringing my overall yearly makeup and skincare costs down I was looking for something to replace or use in combination with my tried, tested and trused Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Lotion. It's not quite the same and nothing probably ever will be, but it's a nice product in itself. I haven't used it too much yet, but I am beginning to take quite a liking to it.

Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner Corrective Concentrate For Dilated Pores
This one is pretty self-explanatory. I haven't started using it yet as I am currently using my Estee Lauder Idealist Serum during the day, but this is on standby for when that eventually runs out.

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense Localized Redness Intensive Serum
Same as the Bioderma above, I haven't used it yet, but will when Idealist runs out. I'm thinking to apply it around my nose and areas where I get the most red to see if it can help 'heal it' or at least tone it down. Not that I am all that red, just a bit, so if it doesn't work for me it probably won't work for anybody! I will let you guys know when I've put this to the test!


NUXE Reve De Miel Lip Balm
Ever since Lisa Eldridge mentioned this matte lip balm in some video I've been intrigued to try it. I looked at it again and again when I lived in France, never being ready to take the plunge. Knowing I wasn't going to be returning to France for a while when there this summer I picked it up, placed it in my shopping cart and sped on to the next intrigue. I'm quite happy I did end up finally buying it, I've been absolutely loving it so far!

Finally there are some samples included in the pictures, the red is for Givenchy's 'Absolutely Irresistable' perfume that I already wrote about in my Holiday Empties post, I love it. The other I am not sure exactly what is as I can't remember, and I can't find it, so sorry about that! I didn't want to have to take new pictures.

The last post in this little mini series will be about the more high end makeup I bought at the airport on my way back and will be posted soon. I hope everyone had a lovely summer!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. hi there! ^^

    hope u could join my giveaway! ^^

    heres the link: http://poptartselle.blogspot.com/2012/08/join-my-international-giveaway-from.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for the heads up :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig