9.02.2012

Favourites: August 2012


These are products that I have used and loved this month. It could be new purchases or old re-discoveries. There won't always be one in every category, as this is not for what I've been using, but products that have really stood out and that has gotten me excited about make up and skincare. Sometimes I might include things from other categories if I feel it is worth a mention, but not always.


- Dior Amber Diamond
To any of you that already own this, this should come as no suprise. This is such an amazing highlighter, I've been using it almost exclusively since I bought it back in June. It gives a gorgeous natural sheen to the cheeks with the tiniest glitter that doesn't emphasize pores, just adds life and radiance back to the face.

- Revlon Matte Powder Blush in 003 Perfectly Peach
As I've started school I've found myself sticking to the same products a lot. Perfectly Peach is a really easy to wear, natural matte blush that is perfect for when you don't have a lot of time and need something you know will work. It's highly pigmented, but not so much you risk getting a huge stain on your cheeks if applying too much and it blends really easily. The fact that it's matte is another plus in my book as I'd rather add my own highlighter than accidentally end up with 'sparkle cheeks'.



- Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator - click here for review -
If you've read my review, you will know how I feel about this and that I wasn't keen to put this in this post, but I have been loving it, so I felt it kind of deserved a mention. My opinion on this hasn't changed, it evens out skintone a tad, but doesn't help with any pigmentation problems etc. I've been using this for a while now during the day simply because I have it. While I will still not re-purchase (unless I should suddenly notice a huge difference in my skin after it runs out) the effect the tiny glitter in this gives to my face, is really nice and so I am not going to be happy when this runs out. It makes my skin radiant and helps diffuse some of my imperfections. It's also been working much better in combination with my fantastic Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum - but I give all credit to the Caudalie for the improvement in my skin tone and texture!


- Guerlain Orhcidée Impériale Exceptional Complete Care Eye and Lip
My second little sample of this exceptional eye cream is featured in my August Empties post and I am currently about to finish my third. I will be posting a review on this so I won't go into too much detail here, but it's amazing. Unfortunately the price is just as extraordinary(ly high).

- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
I have been using this every day this month to set my make up with. I add a tiny bit of powder through my t-zone after spraying it on my face, and over my eyes and over my cheeks to help with blending. Nonetheless this is an amazing product that anyone 'suffering' from oilier skin types really should go have a look at. Having this help keep the oils at bay I am also convinced is contributing to keeping my skin a bit clearer as well!


- Smashbox Photo Finish Light - click here for review -
If you've read my review you'll already know how much I love this primer. I've used it almost every single time I've worn makeup this past month, and it's never dissappointed. It's starting to run a bit low which scares me a tad as I'm on a spending ban and while I do have other great primers I really should get more use out of, nothing is as good and foolproof as this!


- Estée Lauder Double Wear Stain-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer in 08 Warm Light Medium
This has been my go-to concealer all month. Dabbing a tiny bit of this to problem areas it conceals them brilliantly and stays on for the whole duration of the day. It's pretty much perfect!

- Loréal Super Liner Perfect Slim
Having previously been a fluidline convert vowing to never buy any other type of eyeliner again, I predictably fell back in love with a different type of eyeliner this month, the felt tip eyeliner. This is also a drugstore product which makes it even better. It's quite precise, not the most precise I've used, but I've been going for a non-winged look so extreme precision hasn't been necessary. It's quick, easy, and really black. Once dried it doesn't move, smudge or fade.


- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B20 - click here for review -
This has been my foundation almost exclusively this month. It's natural, yet covers well and lasts really well throughout the day in combination with a primer and setting spray. I won't go into too much detail as I've covered it all in my reivew, but it's a great foundation truly worthy of it's hype.

- Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel
I've been loving my Filorga Sleep & Peel for busy evenings, and wanted to include it in this post, but my biggest wow from exfoliation came when I made time for this again. Especially when using this and applying Caudalie's Vinperfect Radiance Serum after, I wake up to really even toned, glowing, perfect skin.


- Yves Saint Laurent "YSL" Touche Eclat
A classic I'm sure your all familiar with, most of you will have it lying around somewhere. I've tried many of these pens and after returning to the classic golden one I've decided my little adventure will be over for a while as the original, this time, really is the best.

- LUSH Eau Á Rome
I bought this quite recently when in the south of France as my skin was getting a bit dehydrated from the hot rays of the sun. This is ment to be a moisturising toner. While it of course doesn't give enough moisture on it's own (you will need an additional moisturiser) I've been loving it on days/evenings when my skin is feeling a bit tight. I've been very impressed with this and it's got me really interested in finally trying out a bit more from Lush.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. elemis papaya enzyme peel is in my favourites every month i swear! fab favs btw... :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he it's an ongoing favourite of mine as well, it's amazing! I love when products are worthy all of their hype! And thanks :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig