9.25.2012

NOTD: OPI French Bourdeaux


One of my first ever OPI purchases, and nail polish purchases in general. I initially thought it was a bit too "light" as I was usually wearing more muted, dark reds. This color has grown on me and become one of my all-time favourite nail polishes.


The color is a bright, young red with cool undertones and a bit of undetectable sparkle. It can be applied in one coat, I prefer two. With one coat the color is a bit lighter than two so it is really up to preference. It is not completely opaque with just one coat, but if applied a bit thick, one could easily get away with just one coat. It reminds me a lot of Chanel's Rouge Carat to compare.


It has good lasting power with my OPI Natural Nail Base Coat and OPI Top Coat, but nothing amazing. A couple of days 3-4 without any chipping (if I'm being careful), and then another few days with minor chipping where it is still wearable, but I personally prefer to take of and re-apply.


All in all it's a great shade and the kind of red every girl should have in their nail polish collection. Reds like this can go with any outfit, at any occasion be it work, going out, having brunch with your family, your boyfriends family, going on a date.. Red nails are a classic for a reason! Definitely recommended and a great choice if your looking for a new staple.

 

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I'm not a fan of reds, but this looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! If you don't have many reds this would be a great place to start, it's one of the more interesting ones! :) x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful color!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, followed your blog on both, it looks like fun! :) x x

      Delete
  3. this polish looks so beautiful on your nails. it's such a nicce shade of classic red.

    xoxo
    lilly

    http://lostinseptember.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its probably my most worn nail polish of all that I own! :) x x

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for your visit!!!
    I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin now!
    Have a good week!
    Besos, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig