9.16.2012

The 100 Days Challenge: First Update, 2 Hauls (Oops!) and Fall Wishlist - Day 51


Fall Wishlist



























On 'darker side'; Truly Madly Deeply Tee, Guerlain Meteorites from their Holiday 2012 Collection, Black Asymmetrical Sweater from Zara, Burgundy Levi's jeans, Yves Saint Laurent ring, Louis Vuitton Empreinte Bag and Zara Studded Sneakers. On 'Beige Side'; Benefit Dandelion, Mango Beige Metallic Sweater, Yves Saint Laurent ring, Elie Saab Le Parfum, Neom Luxury Organics Candle and Prada bag.

Originally I had planned on doing these updates weekly, but as the days went on and the challenge as well I found the less I thought about it the less I, well.. thought about it! I've done quite alright so far, but as I'm just crossing over to the second half of the 100 Days I am finding it increasingly challenging.. I really thought it'd go the other way..

I've semi-cracked on three occasions so far, but I feel they were all justified and decided I wasn't breaking any rules. The first one was a huge lot of No7 products. Boots in Norway were having a 70% Sale on all the makeup and nail products and so I stocked up thinking it would be perfect for Christmas and Birthday presents. While in Boots I also stocked up and replaced a few bath and body products. The semi-excessive haul was a Biotherm haul of a deodorant and two body washes. This was also on a great offer and I just couldn't pass it up - I love their light blue deodorant so much!

All in all, nothing too much,  and no make-up and skincare (The No7 wasn't for me - mostly) and that's where I 'waste' most of my money. Body care is a bit of a different area for me as I go through those products quite quickly so it's nothing that ends up taking up space for too long anyway. I'm definitely not buying any bath and body products for quite a while now though!

One can assume, and probably rightly so, that these purchases have made the challenge easier to cope with. But I have to say it's been going surprisingly ok so far. It's actually felt really nice to not even consider making any purchases. I usually struggle and go back and forth on wether or not to buy most of what I buy (or don't buy), so not even considering this has been quite the relief.

I did decide against my two previous 'allowances' - the Dior Golden Savannah and Estée Lauder's Double Wear Light Foundation. Golden Savannah didn't really impress in real life and while I adore Double Wear Light I decided I wanted to do this properly and so will be getting it after the 100 days are up!

Today is the first day in a while when I have really felt the 'shopping itch' with it not going away. Currently at the top of my wishlist is the Elie Saab Le Parfum Eau De Parfum and unless my feelings change in the next 49 days - this will be one of my celebratory purchases when the Challenge reaches it's end.

Benefit's Dandelion is also something I feel like I need to just buy already. I've been keen on this for as long as it's been in existence and is sick of weighing the pros and cons of a purchase.  Another product I will probably buy in 49 days.

I have decided to remove the clothes buying ban from the challenge. I've already mentally done this a while back and bought some things for fall. I never really buy much clothes anyway and so felt it was a bit unnecessary to restrict myself from buying something when I finally did find things that I like. I have made a mental note of going in-store to check out all of the clothes featured in the wishlist and the Zara shoes.

The Louis Vuitton Empreinte bag I've already fallen in love with when in the Louis Vuitton store a few weeks back and might buy this as another 'yay I saved some money for 100 days now let's spend it all' purchase at the end of all this. This bag is just breathtakingly beautiful - I dare all of you to go have a look in store and not fall in love with it. It's impossible.

Yves Saint Laurent cocktail rings have been on my wish list for quite a while now, but as I always struggle on deciding which colour I want I have still yet to make a purchase. The Prada bag is a bit of a silly addition. With fall/autumn and winter just around the corner, I will get little use out of a beige bag. Perhaps when spring rolls around.

Neom's luxury candles I've been keen on trying for the longest time and if I burn through all of my candles before the challenge is up I think I will finally be giving these a go - not sure on which scent to get though?

Finally is Guerlain's Meteorites powder from their Holiday 2012 collection. As this isn't out yet it's not really all that difficult not to buy it, but as this is also a wish list ment for when the challenge is over I figured it deserved it's place. I've always heard great things about 'The Meteorites' and so always been keen to try it. I haven't yet and as I love the look of this one from the upcoming Christmas collection I figured it'd be the perfect time to finally try my hand at one. Having not made make up purchases for a while by the time it's released (hopefully) also makes it perfect timing.

So here's my first little update on the 100 Days Challenge. As I left it quite long until the first update it was a difficult post to write as there was just so much to say and I know nobody likes too long of a post. I will definitely try to update more frequently through the rest of the challenge.

I'd love to know if any of you are doing this and if so how you're doing? I'd also love to know if anyone else is lusting after the same stuff as me or if they have already bought it and how they like it?

Finally I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and are good and ready for a new week!

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. i love that peachy prada bag!

    you have such a lovely blog btw!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway (click one page back) to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, Prada bags are always to die for! I'll make sure to check out your blog! :) x

      Delete
  2. My flatmate has just bought that prada bag! I'm so jealous, it's gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so jealous too then! Maybe she'll be nice and let you borrow it ;) xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know - it's amazing (both of them!) ! Thanks for following, your blogs really nice - love travel posts! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Nice post and blog! (;
    Maybe u wanna follow each other?
    If u wanna, let me know. ♥

    Love, Jackffy
    jackffy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And sure, why not - your blog looks lovely! Wish it was in english though..? x

      Delete
  5. Nice wishlist.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sure, your blog seems nice :) x

      Delete
  6. Everyone wants to carry a beautiful hermes bag outlet and Prada makes some really attractive ones. When you shop louis vuitton wallets sites you can be empowered to choose the style you want when it comes to style and accessories. If you have always desired to be a cheap omega watches setter then starting with a stylish handbag is a great start. You can set cheap christmas gifts and still stay within your allowed budget if you take a bit of time shopping online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nowadays, cheap christmas gifts are more than just an accessory - they are a fashion statement. Women of all ages want to own a collection of women rolex watches; not only to match their outfits, but to suit catier rings their lifestyle as well. Whether it is an elegant winter jackets for evening outings or a Prada messenger bag for the woman on the go, there is a miu miu hobo for everyone. Designer handbags crafted by the most popular designers add a special touch to any woman's wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig