10.06.2012

Review: Chanel Inimitable Intense in 10 Noir


I've kept at it testing mascaras and next up was Inimitable Intense. I have never tried any Chanel mascaras before, and I haven't heard or read much about them either so I was quite excited to try my first one.

I've gone through two of these to properly put Inimitable Intense to the test. The first one I opened did nothing at all. The second one came in a little black sachet and this one at least seemed to do something, I guess the first one had dried out. I kept the new one in the sachet when not using it until they all finally ended up in my empties box/trash. The full sized version of this doesn't come in a sachet so it does make me wonder if it is subject to quickly drying out as well?




When Inimitable Intense isn't dried out it still does a pretty average job at beautifying your lashes. There's little to none of both volume and length. It is a tad build-able, but not enough to rescue it. One of the days I was wearing this my mother actually asked me if I wasn't wearing any mascara at all! Say what you will for wanting natural looking beautiful lashes, this natural is just your own lashes, but more black. It isn't even a very black black, it's a grey-ish black. You might as well wear no mascara at all, at least then you won't have to deal with the hassle of removing it at the end of the day.



There's not really a point in going on about this mascara as there isn't really much to say. I did put it properly to the test, using it every day for two weeks. Positive things would be that it doesn't smudge, but that would be about it for what I can think of. It was OK, I didn't look awful, but compared to what other mascaras can do, some of them half the price, this one is underwhelming and pointless. I love most of my other Chanel products, but Inimitable Intense was a huge disappointment. Thankfully I didn't pay for it and now you guys won't have to waste your money either!


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Hiya,

    i love how honest you are in this post, sometimes price/name isn't always better and it's fab that you highlighted that.

    Txx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Honest reviews are the whole point of beauty blogging after all! Unfortunately, like you say, expensive doesn't always equal better.. If only it was that easy! :) x

      Delete
  2. I got this tester when I bought my moisturiser and I had the same problem. I have nothing but love for their lipsticks but I found the mascara to be really disappointing. I found the brush to be really rough as well. If I was in a rush I would end up with quite sore eyes. :|
    Nice and honest post thank you!

    Hannah @ www.aprettymessuk.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he I know what you mean about the brush being rough!! Lucky we got the samples and saved ourselves the money huh? :D x x

      Delete
  3. Shame it dried out! :(

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but it wasn't too good even when it wasn't dried out so it's alright - I got to move onto something else quicker!! he he :D x

      Delete
  4. Great honest review <3 x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never try anything for chanel, and i'm definitely not try this. good review!!

    xo

    asteria-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he they do have some amazing products though, but yeah, this would be a bad place to start!! :) x

      Delete
  6. I also have a sample of this and I must say I love it. Really like the way it's separate my lashes. I like to use it as a base or when I won't less dramatic eyelashes look. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how some products can be so totally different for different people! You love it, I hate it.. he he! x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig