10.09.2012

Review: Guerlain Orchidée Impériale Eye & Lip Care


After finishing my Lancome Primordiale Yeux I pulled out my samples of this and decided to put it properly to the test. Guerlain's Orchidée Impériale Eye & Lip Care retails for £104 (Debenhams) so my expectations were quite high. It also had to be  significantly better than other, much cheaper eye creams to properly warrant the hefty price tag.


Since day one of using this I've loved it to death. I've gone through 3 samples of this, totaling at 6ml. The full sized product is 15 ml, 6ml is almost half of that, so I think I've used it enough to warrant an opinion.

6ml lasted about a month and a half, meaning (making an educated guess) the full size would probably last me approximatively 5-6 months. I didn't cut the samples open and scrape everything out and there was definitely something left in there. I used it at night time only, it's too rich for me to use during the day as I think I would have problems keeping my eye makeup on. If you are more mature I think you could use it both day and night.


When using this as a night time eye treatment I wake up to perfectly plump skin around my eyes. Skin tone is more even, my usually annoying dehydration lines started visibly disappearing and the skin around my eyes both felt and looked more healthy. Waking up with radiant, sparkling eyes is something I thought only happend in the movies.

I can not fault this eye cream on a single thing. Add to that the packaging of the actual full sized jar is stunning and something I would love to have on display in my bathroom. Nothing I've tried before, or since this has come even close to making me look as radiant, fresh and awake. While I go through my ridiculous amount of eye cream samples that I've acquired over the past year this is still number one on my wishlist, and I might just take the plunge by the end of the sample run.


I haven't tried it as a lip balm, so I can't comment on that unfortunately. If I buy the full size, I will and will make an update. Until then, this is a gorgeous gorgeous eye cream that I am surprised to say I actually feel is worth the price. I gave a couple of my samples of this to my mother who was also blown away and fell in love with it.

If £104 is far from what you want to spend on an eye cream there are other, much cheaper eye creams out there that are more than good enough. Orchidée Impériale Eye & Lip Care is a luxury item that everyone can live without, but it's still an absolute treat and if you feel you do want to spoil yourself, I would absolutely recommend this.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Sorry to say, but I did not find it worthy its price - nothing special. I compared it with "Sisley" - lip and eye contour - and Sisley is much more effective.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig