1.01.2013

London Haul!


I had a week between two exams in December and decided as a bit of a spur of the moment thing to take a short trip to London. I needed to get away and "breathe" for a bit as the stress of the exams were really getting to me. I went for just one night and two short days but got a lot done, shopping-wise anyway. As I've lived in London before I didn't really feel a need to do any touristy things anyway.

London itself was amazing, as always. We (me and my boyfriend) had nice food and drinks and had a lovely time. Onto my shopping..


My main "goal" of this trip was to finally "bag" (pun intended) the Prada Saffiano Tote that I've been lusting after for months now. It's handbag perfection in my opinion and I've had no disappointments with it since getting it, using it nearly every day.

The clothes I got are all from Topshop. I got the red messenger bag seen above, mostly cause it was cheap. I liked it also of course, but would never have bought it had it been much more. A bargain at the price it is though! I haven't used it yet so can't comment on how it is in terms of wear and tear. I'm planning on using it more when the weather gets warmer and I don't need to wear my big winter jacket.

From Topshop I also got a few normal t-shirts in different colours; purple, white with a brown/gray pattern and a white one with a sheer part op top and a navy green one. I love the quality of these and the ones I've used so far are so soft and comfortable. I also got two knitted jackets that I have been absolutely loving - a green one with studs on the shoulders and a black one with metal chains through it. I also got a little biker top that is cut beautifully and the fabric is so soft. I also got a dark blue sweater with small different coloured diamonds all over it - I've loved wearing this as it's so nice and "christmassy"! It's also perfect for relaxed beers on early evenings with friends as your a bit dressed up, but not too much and still warm and comfortable!


I didn't plan on purchasing Pearl Drops toothpaste as I didn't know they were so readily available in Boots. They weren't when I lived in London, or maybe I've just missed them? Anyway, this was my toothpaste of choice when I lived in Australia and I have to say my teeth were white to the point of almost being ridiculous back then. It really worked, but I did use the Hollywood smile type. I saw they had that one as well, but were sold out where I was so I went for this "Pro White" type. Fingers crossed it will still work as well. No miracles yet, but my teeth are definitely somewhat whiter. I will keep you updated!

The Ruth Crilly instigated La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo frenzy ensued just before I was going and so this product was on my to-get list. It was sold out in the first Boots I tried but I was lucky to grab the last one at a Boots I passed after having dinner in Notting Hill. The Effaclar Duo is about 13 pounds and Boots were having a 2 for 15 offer on the Effaclar line so I picked up the MAT moisturiser for 2 pounds, bargain!


Other things I got at Boots were the Real Techniques Buffing and Stippling Brush. I also finally got to try the much hyped Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains and must say I have been seriously impressed with them. They've been staples in my make-up bag since day one.


As my OPI Base Coat is running low I've been in the market for a new base coat and when I saw this little kit by Orly it couldn't have been more perfect. It's got their Primetime, Bonder and Polished. Two base coats and one, the last one, top coat.

More things I got at Boots were the Soap & Glory Clean On Me Body Wash that I've posted about earlier - I love it! And the Garnier Summer Body. After reading a lot of good reviews I am quite excited to try this to combat my seriously pale state.


Onto a bit of a more depressing purchase that I won't go into too much here. I finally picked up the RapidLash and Brow after wanting to try them for the longest time. RapidBrow especially. Unfortunately, when I opened the packaging after returning home to Norway it seems I've paid almost 40 pounds for a box with nothing inside. It seems someone else must have stolen it out of the box and carefully put it back. I emailed Boots about this but they have decided to ignore my email. I am quite frustrated and upset over this.


Space.NK though, is still one of my absolute favourite places to shop! I had the loveliest sales assistant help me at the shop right off Bond Street. I picked up the Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturiser in 'Bliss' that ended up being absolutely perfect. I also got the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. I wasn't sure wether or not to get this, but after feeling the product on my hand I couldn't not get it. It's one of the most luxurious consistencies I've ever felt.


I bought a new Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in the shade Rose Ivory at Debenhams after seriously missing it and wanted to try the Secret Camouflage palette so got that to.


At Liberty's I picked up the Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse. I haven't tried it yet but am soo excited as I feel it will be perfect for days when I am in the rush and want to save time by making sunscreen and primer into one simple step.


The Prada bag. I won't go into it too much but in short I love it, I adore it and I don't think I have ever been more happy or excited about a purchase.


As a final treat at the airport before heading back home I picked up my perfect shade in foundation - Estee Lauder's famed DoubleWear in the shade 1N2 ECRU 16. I am so excited to finally have found a foundation that matches me perfectly. It's amazing not having to be too bothered with blending when applying foundation as the shade really is perfectly my skin colour. Unfortunately the formula of the foundation seems to maybe be breaking me out a bit, so for now it has been but in the drawer to only be used now and then. Bummer.

That's it then. Quite a lot, I know, but there were just so many things I've been dying to try that aren't available here in Norway that I went a bit crazy, but I think it's ok. I've been absolutely loving what I've tried so far. Let me know if there's anything in particular that you would like to see a review on!

I actually have a few more hauls that I'll be "rolling out" in the next few weeks. I am also going to be doing my December empties and favourites shortly. I haven't decided how or if I am doing a 2012 favourites yet. I can't decide wether to do every category and pick whatever I like most, or to just single out a few products that are "HG" for me and let that be it. It would be great to hear which one you guys would prefer of course!

All that's left to say then is; Happy New Year everyone!


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Congrats- everything looks great. What Prada bag did you get? I like to get one in the next few months

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Prada Saffiano Tote in black :D will show it soon, it's goorgeous, so happy with it :D x x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig