1.23.2013

Shopping My Stash #1 / Project 6 Pan



This is the first time I've ever done a post like this, but seeing as I've made it a point to try and finish some of my products it felt natural to have a little look through my makeup collection and chose a few things to try and get more use out of and try to finish up.



For the moment I've chosen 6 products. This wasn't ment to be a project pan, but I honestly wouldn't mind finishing all of these up, so I guess it kind of is. They're not bad products, it's mostly because I've had them for a while and I don't want to be hanging onto stuff for too long.



The primers, YSL's Top Secrets and Smashbox Photo Finish Light aren't old, I bought them just a few months back. The YSL one didn't impress too much, but I absolutely love the Smashbox Photo Finish Light. The YSL Top Secrets Primer was great once you left it on for a while before applying makeup, so I've decided to try and use that every time I don't need to rush with putting make up on. That way I'll slowly make my way through the bottle, instead of it just lying in my drawers for 3 years unused. You can read more about the YSL Top Secrets Primer here.



The Photo Finish Light is one of my all-time favourite primers, you can read about it here. The only reason I'm trying to finish it up is because it's half empty anyway. I'm sick of having so much stuff lying around, so I am trying to finish the stuff that's half empty to clear the space. I'm quite certain I will re-purchase this one again though, as soon as my collection is a bit more downsized.

I am "finally" pale enough for this shade of Revlon's ColorStay Foundation, the shade 180. There is so little left in this bottle that I am purposely avoiding any self tanning so that I can finish this up before the weather gets warmer, the sun creeps out and I will have to put it back in my drawer again. I really don't want to be hanging onto this almost empty bottle for another year.





I've also dug up two old eyeshadows. To the left is Yves Saint Laurent's Ombre Solo in the shade 6. I used to use this all the time about two years ago and as you can see, I've already hit pan on it. Same goes for the Lancome Ombre Absolue in this very pale champagne color, the shade name has vanished from the back. I have already hit pan on this and so will be trying to use this as my highlight color for the inner corner and browbone until it's finished. It's a really gorgeous shade, both these are, so it will be very bittersweet once they do finish, but it's time.



Finally I have my MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. This is about to dry out and so I am trying to get as much use out of it as I can before it dries out completely. It's a lovely eyeshadow primer and something I will most certainly re-purchase at some point.

That's it for now! Hopefully I will be able to finish these up in due time. It's not a proper Project Pan though, so there's no rules and if I want to use other products I am certainly allowing myself to. For now though, I am quite enjoying using these products so it works out really well!

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love mac's painterly. I've had mine for over a year now and theres no sign of it drying out which is a bonus. Shame yours is close to its end! :-( Those eyeshadow shades are so pretty. Why did you stop using them!? ;-)

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painterly is such a staple! :) I will probably buy a new one after I finish this one/it dries out! He he I know, they are really pretty and I am loving using them again - no idea why I stopped using them, I just kind of forgot about them due to buying so much new eyeshadows.. He he, I'm sure you know how it is :) x x

      Delete
  2. Those eyeshadows are gorgeous! I love the paler colours, and those ones just look simply lovely! :)
    Mia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are just gorgeous!! :) x x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig