2.17.2013

Empties: January 2013


As I've decided 2013 will be the year I make a serious downsizing of my makeup and skincare collection, the latter especially, I'm off to a good start with an insane amount of empties for the month of January. I've naturally started off by finishing up those half and almost empty bottles hanging around here and there and so the result is a long post and a lot of freed up space - a great start to the new year!


Biotherm Aquathermale Invigorating Body Wash
While my previous Biotherm body wash; the Huilde De Douche Oil Therapy, as featured in my last empties post (December 2012), failed to impress, the Aquathermale is a different story. While it's not something I will be looking to re-buy as there are better or just as decent options for the same amount of money, or less, it's a good product either way. The texture is the "specialty" of this. It's quite different to anything else I've used before. It's really smooth and moves across the skin really nicely. In terms of giving a good wash, it does, and without stripping the skin. If your a Biotherm fan, having a look at this would certainly be a good option. But it's not a must-try product.

Eucerin Ph5 Shower Oil - click here for review -
If you've read my review of this before, you'll know I love this shower oil and it's a product I've re-purchased several times. It's lovely to use during the winter months especially, and I love to leave it on my usually dry legs for a little bit before rinsing it off. A lovely product that I'm sure I'll buy again at some point.

Veet Hair Minimising Body Lotion - click here for review -
I love this stuff. It really works. I use it for the first week to week and a half after shaving/waxing and it definitely slows re-growth down. At the moment my legs are really dry as it's incredibly cold up here in Norway, so my legs need a bit more moisture, so I won't re-purchase this straight away, but I most definitely will once the weather gets a bit warmer. Unless I end up missing it too much.


La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel for Oily Sensitive Skin - click here for review -
I've finally finished this one up, and it's quite the big bottle so I'm happy to clear the space. I will say it's a nice face wash and my skin was kept quite nice and clear whilst using this. However, I am trying to ditch the foaming cleansers at the moment and I'm liking it so I know I won't re-purchase this. It also dries my skin out a bit, so while it's good, there's better cleansers out there, for my skin.

Elemis FreshSkin Peachy Perfect Gentle Face Wash Deluxe (Paid for) Sample Size
A rather short affair, as there was barely anything left, I think I used this only for 2-3 days until I decided it was just stupid and squirted out the tiny bit left into the sink. It's an ok face wash, but a bit dull and it kind of disappears and so you feel you are only rubbing away at your skin with water. Not something I will be buying in the future.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir - click here for review -
One of my all-time favourite products. I already bought a new one before this one ended so I haven't gone a day without this, nor will I ever.


Dove Indulgent Nourishment Body Lotion with Shea Butter - click here for review -
This is a lovely body lotion that gives a lot of bang for your buck, a little goes a long way so it lasts quite a while. I used this on my legs and it kept them from being dry. There are body butters, see three rows down, that make them even softer, but for a cheap penny this does the trick.

Nivea Pure & Natural Body Lotion for Normal to Dry skin - click here for review -
The smell of this is a bit sickening, but besides that it's a decent body lotion. It's simple, no fuzz, absorbs quickly, no residue, no smell that lingers and keeps skin moisturised and comfortable all day.

Clarins Moisture-Rich Body Lotion with Shea Butter for Dry Skin
A nice body lotion with an incredible smooth and silky texture. It moisturises really well, absorbs quickly with no residue and has a nice, clean scent that isn't overpowering. A gorgeous product

Soap&Glory Butter Up Deluxe Body Smoothing Cream
One of my favourite body moisturising type finds in a long time. When used everyday on my legs and feet, my skin have never been as soft, and it's in the middle of winter! This smells a bit sickening, in my taste, very sweet, but that is the only "bone I have to pick" with this one. It's absolutely amazing and a body butter I HIGHLY recommend to anyone with dry skin. I am gutted I can't buy this in Norway outside of the body butter trio, but will most definitely buy this next time I'm in London, actually, I'll probably buy three.


Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-in Treatment
Not a happy moment for me. This is one of the best smelling hair products out there, and it does amazing things for the hair as well. Redken's Extreme line is their reconstructing line and perfect to help restored damaged hair. I started using it back when I was bleaching my hair within an inch of my life, and I managed to keep my hair healthy, shiny and split-end free. I give a lot of the credit to this product, and whenever I feel my hair is a bit damaged at the ends, I pop this in my feelunique basket. Will definitely re-purchase at some point and highly, highly recommend it!

Pearl Drops Daily PRO-White Toothpaste
Don't be alarmed as this is the first toothpaste I've featured in my empties post! I don't usually feature them, but thought I'd make a mention about this one as it's more of a "special one". I previously used Pearl Drops when living in Australia a few years back, more specifically the Hollywood Smile one and I had teeth so white to the point of being almost ridiculous. Add to that that I was smoking at the time and it's even more astounding. When I saw this in Boots when visiting London back in December I knew I had to pick a few up. I got this type as they were sold out of the Hollywood Smile unfortunately. Results-wise this isn't nearly as good as that one, but I definitely have much whiter teeth and so will be really sad when the second tube I bought will be finished. Another recommendation.

Silk'n Flash&Go Cartridge
While I'm not ready to write up a full review on this machine yet, I have decided to give tiny updates as I go through these cartridges, that do have to be changed out a bit too often for my liking. Now, this is not my first one that I'm replacing, I think it's the third or forth. I will admit not doing the "zapping", as I call it, as frequently as I should and so my results have been affected by that. However, I am seeing results and that makes me really excited! I don't care if I have to change these out often if it eventually means almost never having to worry about hair removal.

Lancome Bocage Deodorant
Deodorants are quite boring to read about, especially if their not spectacular, and this one certainly isn't. Of course I also have another one waiting to get used. Having said that, I barely sweat so it's not a massive problem in that effect. It just, honestly, feel like it does absolutely nothing. I'd go for the classic light blue Biotherm one over this any day.


Estee Lauder Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Lotion
This was nearing the date when I would have to throw it out anyway and so I made a point of using it up. It's a lovely basic moisturiser that gives moisture and not much else, but it's good at the one thing it does, as it should be. Especially for the price. I would say you could just as well go for something a bit cheaper if moisture is all you want, but if price is no matter, this is quite lovely. It barely has a smell, it doesn't make me oily or clog pores and is very comfortable to wear.

Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Lotion
Very, very unhappy about this finishing. I love this moisturiser so much and it was hard not to run out and re-purchase straight away. However, I do have way too many moisturiser sitting in my cupboard that I desperately want to finish and so I will go through those first.

Natu Vive Papaya Smooth Hand Cream
This has a lovely fresh smell of papaya, and it gives a decent amount of moisture, but not that much. It leaves a bit of residue and so I resorted to using it a night. It doesn't give as much moisture as I need from a "night handcream" and so I'm not looking to re-purchase. However, it's a completely fine product.


Clarisonic Brush Head for Sensitive Skin
A tad gross, I know, but I wanted to mention this. I never got around to liking my Clarisonic, and I did try, occassionally. It was just too much for my skin. I am throwing out this brush head, as it was about time anyway, but have purchased one for Delicate Skin to replace it with. I am yet to give it a go, part of me is dreading it, but I really want to like that machine as it's not cheap. Should I still not get along with it though, then that will be the end of it.

Shiseido The Skincare Eye
A basic eye cream that gives moisture and nothing else. It also doesn't promise anything else. As first eye creams and eye creams for very young people go, this would be an excellent option! If you need anything else from it though, this is not such a great pick. In the end, it does what it claims to, so you can't really fault it for not going beyond that.


Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Deluxe Sample 25ml
I quite liked this, I have to say. I don't wear waterproof mascara, ever, so I don't know how well it lives up to those claims, but it was quite comfortable to use for my regular mascara. It didn't sting my eyes, or leave an overly oily residue so this is certainly an eye makeup remover I could consider.

Lancome Bi-Facil Non Oily Instant Cleanser for Sensitive Eyes Deluxe Sample 30ml x 2
I have a long history with Lancome's Bi-Facil and I have to say it's still one of my favourites to take my eye makeup off with. It does leave a tiny oily residue, but I find it soothing as my eyes tend to get a bit sore from removing mascara.

Guerlain Secret De Purete Biphase Eye & Lip Make-up Remover
This is a gentle, yet efficient make-up remover, but it leaves quite the oily residue. It's decent, but I still prefer the Lancome one.


Chanel Pro Lumiere Foundation in 30 'Shell' - click here for review -
As I am trying to clear out stuff this year I decided it was time to let this one go. Fact was, I was never going to use the last bit as 1) It's way too dark for me now, and 2) it's kind of old and gross. Happy to be throwing this out, though I am still missing the Pro Lumiere foundation - it was amazing.

Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen
This is a highlighter pen, much like the gold one featured underneath that does a decent job of highlighting. I still do prefer the original golden pen to this one, and the Clinique one for light makeup days as it's the most natural one. The Skinflash still is a decent product though and I will admit I could be a tad biased to the YSL brand.

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat
Only thing I have to pick on this one for is that it doesn't come with the shade name on it. This must make it quite hard for a lot of use to re-purchase the same one we've already got - especially now as they've added even more shades. You're all familiar with this, I'm sure, so I won't go into too much detail. It's lovely, it's gold and it's a classic for a reason!

Urban Decay Primer Potion
This stuff is just old, I was never going to put this anywhere near my eyes so it was time to throw it out. Let me tell you, tossing things feels really good! Especially when you know it's the only thing left for the product to do. When it was new, the primer potion never impressed me too much. It does intensify the eyeshadow you put on top of it and it does last longer, but I prefer Too Faced's Shadow Insurance as it's easier to blend on top of. For people that need some serious stuff to keep eyeshadow on though, Urban Decay's Primer Potion is the most "hardcore" stuff I've tried.


Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum Deluxe Sample 7 ml x 2 - click here for review -
I've already written a review about this that you can read if you want more information, but in short; I absolutely love this stuff and couldn't recommend it enough to absolutely everyone. I have decided that I am sticking to this one for the long haul. It's something everyone should be using, even in addition to other serums for more specific purposes (that's what I do!). It's good for all ages and purposes - truly a wonder product. If I could only have one skincare product, this just might be it!

Estee Lauder Pore Minimizing Serum Deluxe Sample 7 ml x 4
Whilst using this my skin had been clear and I have seen a reduction in pore size. However, I have been using a lot of other products that I would more credit this too. This serum does help a bit and the silicone feel of it does have a nice optical effect where it blurs out imperfections, much like Benefit's famed The Porefessional, and so is perfect for use during the day. I really enjoy this, but am unsure if I would purchase the full sized bottle. I would have to go without it for a while to be sure. I do have quite  a few more of these to go through though so hopefully by the end of them I will know for sure, as will you!

Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Sorbet Eye Cream
A decent eye cream that gives mostly moisture and not much else. Another one I'd recommend as a first-eye cream purchase and to those in their early twenties. I'd go for this one over the Shiseido one as the Dior one gives more moisture, in my opinion. A very nice, simple product.

Dior Capture Totale Eyes Essential
Using this in addition to my other eye creams help de-puff my eye area and does seem to make my eye creams even better. I have received from Estee Lauder their upcoming Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum to test, so I will be using that for a while. As they are similar products I will certainly be comparing the two and whichever one I like most, I will make a point of using from then on. I have a slight feeling I prefer the Estee Lauder's version though, as I am so in love with the regular Advanced Night Repair serum.


Molton Brown Invigorating Suma Ginseng Bath & Shower Deluxe Sample 30ml
Molton Brown products are simply lovely, quality products that aren't really all that expensive. Depending on what you compare them too, of course, but when compared to the expensive "spa brands" these are quite ok in price. The brand picks it's ingredients from very remote places, which makes them even more interesting. In itself the Invigorating Suma Ginseng Bath & Shower gives a lovely lather, cleans skin without making it dry and fills the shower and bathroom with an amazing aroma. If you haven't tried anything from Molton Brown yet i'd definitely recommend having a try.

Clarins Body Treatment Oil Contouring, Strenghtening deluxe sample 30ml
Yes, another one of these. I won't go too much into it, again, but I will say I prefer the Toning one to this one. Still a lovely oil to use after evening showers that makes skin smooth and wonderful.


Clarins Body Treatment Oil mix of Contouring and Tonic 2ml x15
See above! This is the last of these for a while tough, finally finished! Onto my big full size one now!

Dior Addict Eau Fraiche
I've never really been too interested in the Addict perfumes, mostly as the bottle doesn't excite me. But I have to say trying it was nice and it certainly made me more positive towards them. I won't be buying it anytime soon, but at least now it's on my radar. It's a very fresh, but girly at the same time.


Yes, seriously..


JANUARY TOTAL:
Normal: 21
Deluxe Sample: 12
Sample: 18
Jumbo: 0

2013 TOTAL
Normal: 21
Deluxe Sample: 12
Sample: 18
Jumbo: 0
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I am so jealous of all your empties! I think I have an issue with letting go of products haha but I'm going to start being ruthless x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he you should, it feel so nice to clear some space out! Certain categories I'm actually down to one product which I'm really excited about! Us beauty addicts are weird.. ha ha x

      Delete
  2. Wow! I wish I could dinish up so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just decided it was time to finish the ones that were already half empty - wouldn't be able to finish this much in a month if they were all full at the start! :o) x

      Delete
  3. Wooee awesome post and great job on the empties!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig