2.09.2013

Favourites: January 2013


A very late January favourites, but better late than never. Between school, working and going to events to look at the summer collections and seeing what product launches are on the horizon, a lot of exciting stuff by the way!, the only other thing I've had time for lately is sleeping. But enough of the excuses, onto my January favourites.


Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Vernis A Levres Glossy Stain #13 - click here for review -
The Glossy Stains have made their way back onto here, but they never left my heart. Honestly, if you want a statement glossy lip that stays put throughout most of the day and is effortless both to apply and re-apply, this is your friend. It literally takes 2 seconds to make it look like you spent 20 minutes. Genious!

La Prairie Cellular Eye Contour Cream
Unfortunately, I am extremely happy with my rather extravagent La Prairie purchase and it's made it's way straight onto here. Holy grail if there ever was one. I use this at night and it moisturises my otherwise dry eye area to perfection.


Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
This serum has been my saviour through winter. When nothing else was working, this finally relieved my skin of being uncomfortable, dry and thight. If you have dehydrated skin, I really recommend this. Even if you are dehydrated in some areas and oily in others, this doesn't clog pores so should be safe to use. My skin hasn't felt this comfortable and plump in a very long time.

Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils
Still my number one mascara. Packaging is lovely, I am admittedly a bit biased towards anything with the infamous "YSL" logo on it, but the product inside is killer as well. It gives an amazing amount of volume, lenght and curl without ever being clumpy, just "feathery". Best. Mascara. Ever.

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac UV Legere Anti-Redness Moisturizer
As I am making my way through my stash of skincare whilst not buying anything new I've found a few gems. This is one of them. I bought it a few months back thinking it could be a cheaper similar product to Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Lotion, and it is! I thought nothing could compare to the Mega-Mushroom Lotion as it's so near and dear to my heart, but this one has proved to be just as good. It has a lovely, balmy texture, it's green and it just feels wonderful on the skin. It also does what it says, calms skin down and reduces redness. 


Kanebo Sensai  Cellular Performance Intensive Hand Treatment Cream SPF 8
This was featured in my 2013 Favourites post, and rightly so. I don't know what my hands would have done through this winter without this one. It's the best hand cream I've ever tried.


Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream to brighten and depuff
This is another holy grail eye cream that I have already decided that I'm just going to keep on buying as it's so good. I guess that means I'm sorted in the eye cream department for now. It's got an illuminating effect that instantly brightens the eye. It also has a de-puffing effect, I can feel a tightening effect after application - really nice. 

Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Night Health Bedtime Face Cream
Third product here today to be on the "holy grail" list. This is already a re-buy and I don't see any reason as to why it won't continue to be. This nightcream makes skin all kinds of healthy. It moisturises, without making skin oily and without clogging the pores, makes skin plump, radiant and helps make skin just overall healthy. It's also very soothing. 


Lancome Juicy Tubes (no shade name on the tube)
I received this deluxe sample some time ago with a Lancome purchase and it took me back to my teenage years, as I'm sure it does for a lot of you. Since I stopped using it when I was about 16 I haven't given it much thought, but wow does this give a glossy finish. It is sticky, you definitely don't want the wind whisking your hair across your face when wearing this, but if the weather is calm this stuff is actually really wonderful. It gives the glossiest finish I know, gives a slight tint, stays put amazingly well and leaves lips feeling comfortable and moisturised. I've loved using this on days when I don't want to bother with anything on my lips.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. the lancome juicy tube looks like such a girly cute colour :)

    Steph // fun size beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is - it also has a fresh fruity scent - watermelon I think! :D x

      Delete
  2. I love this! I really want to try the Kanebo hand cream! My poor hands are really feeling this cold weather, and it sounds amazing.

    Love your blog! I can't believe I've only just found it!

    Lauren xx

    http://covershootbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm happy you've found it! :) x x

      Delete
  3. Better late than never right? I also have that Lancome Juicy gloss, but in a different color. It is lovely.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he hope so! :) It's really nice, I was surprised, I've never given them a second look since my teens - love it when you discover something you already have! :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig