2.03.2013

Haul, First Impressions and Swatches: My Picks from the Chanel Spring 2013 Makeup Collection


I had originally decided to put a hold on makeup purchases for a while, but I just couldn't resist Chanel's beautiful spring collection 'Printemps Precieux de Chanel'. Almost everything in the collection caught my eye, but I edited it down to "just" these 5 pieces.


The collection comes in regular Chanel packaging, and regular Chanel boxes. The pieces I picked up were the Joues Contraste in Frivole, Rouge Allure Velvet in 42 L'Eclatante and 43 La Favorite, Le Crayon Levres Lip Liner in Rubellite and the Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eye Liner in Beryl.



The thing I knew I needed first was this beautiful peachy blush in Frivole. It reminded me of recent discovery and instant favourite Nars Luster. I haven't used it yet, but I am very excited to and feel it will be especially gorgeous in summer. I am a fan of Joues Contraste Blushes already, 65 Espiegle is one of my favourite blushes ever.

 Above; Heavy swatch of Frivole Below; Frivole swatch more blended out




After seeing the Rouge Allure Velvet's I also could not resist them. L'Eclatante got me first as the bright pink is just what I need to get me through the rest of this winter darkness. It adds instant brightness to the face and kind of "wakes you up" both looking at it and from applying it. It's such a fun amazing colour.


I wasn't originally planning on getting La Favorite as well, but after seeing it on blogs I couldn't resist. It's a gorgeous muted red and that's something I "need".

La Favorite

L'Eclatante

Above and below; swatches of La Favorite (L) and L'Eclatante (R). 



The Stylo Yeux Waterproof is Lisa Eldridge's fault as the sound of anything eye brightening really got me. It isn't the most pigmentet eyeliner, but it gives a very nice, subtle effect and I am really happy with it. Unfortunately I found it impossible to catch it on camera as it's very close to skin coloured so I don't have a swatch, sorry guys.


Lastly I got the lip liner in Rubellite to go with L'Eclatante and they just go perfectly. This is an amazingly bright liner that can give any lipstick that extra 'oomph'. LOVE this!


Above; Swatch of Rubellite Lip Liner

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oooo this blush looks gorgeous, I will have to put it on my list !

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a stunner! Its limited edition and selling fast though, so you will have to be quick to get it! :O x x :)

      Delete
  2. ouu the chanel products look soo luxurious :)

    Steph // fun size beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he its true, part of their appeal I have to say :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig