2.18.2013

NOTD: Chanel 571 Fracas


When I first saw Chanel's Spring 2013 release 'Fracas' in the bottle I was a bit disappointed. It seemed a bit of an "old auntie pink". On the nails though, it's a beautiful fresh watermelon color that makes me really excited for summer!



Fracas applies perfectly, completely opaque with two coats with no streaking or problems. It also dries fairly quickly which I find typical for Chanel polishes.



I applied it using Orlys 'Bonder' as a base coat and Seche Vite as the top coat. Fracas lasted very well for 3 days, with very minor, almost unnoticeable chipping at the edges on day 3 (See pictures, taken on day 3). I removed it on day 3 as I had an event the day after and was wearing a different color, but I would make an educated guess that this would have been absolutely fine to wear for 4-5 days. It's fairly good for a Chanel polish, and honestly nobody should be wearing a polish for much more than 3-4 days anyway.

Above; Picture of Essie's 72 Peach Daiquiri with Chanel Fracas on my nails to compare.

Is it a must have? Not really, as seen in the picture above I think Essie's 72 "Peach Daiquiri" could be a dupe. There's also a lot of other fresh watermelon pink shades out there. If you love Chanel polishes, or collect them as some do, this certainly wouldn't be a disappointment, but I don't think it's an absolute must as the shade isn't as unique as other Chanel polishes sometimes can be. I am happy I have it though, and I will enjoy using it. If you really like the color and Chanel polishes, then I see no reason not to go for it.


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. thats gorgeous! :)

    I have been a follower of your blog for some time. i have finally started my own blog! would love if you follow me with gfc! thanks!
    http://picturesque1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to have a look at your blog but the link doesn't work for me and your profile is blocked ? :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig