5.01.2013

Favourites: April 2013


April being over is definitely not a good thing in my book. I have exams all through May, which I am not all that excited about. This is also the reason I've not been posting lately, and probably won't too much until July. I'm quite active on Instagram though, so I'd love it if you added me on there. Still, April's actually been quite an exciting month for makeup for me. With the warmer weather I've felt more like "bothering" again so I've had a lot of fun discovering and re-discovering new products.


Lancome La Vie Est Belle L'Eau De Parfume 30ml
When this launched not too long ago, in the past year sometime, I initially discarded it from the first sniff. It was way too sweet for me. Later I noticed it on someone else and realised that while it is initially very sweet, there's a lot more depth to it after you get it on your skin. I went and got the 30ml version and I've loved it since. This month especially. With spring finally starting to show here in Norway La Vie Est Belle has been the perfect final touch.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 62 Monte Carlo
I got this a few weeks back on sort of a whim while getting some Guerlain body products from their Terracotta line. It could have gone horribly wrong, but I got really lucky and managed to pick up my new favourite lipstick in a matter of seconds. I feel like I'm a bit sick of lipstick and all the hassle surrounding it, these kinds of lip products are just up my alley at the moment and I think will be right through summer, at least. Monte Carlo is a gorgeous pale red that goes on balmy and shiny. It's really comfortable on the lips, can be built up to a decent amount of color and after the lipstick disappears from maybe eating, drinking and the likes, your still left with a slight stain. Gorgeous!


Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs in 07 Les Cuirs
"Les Cuirs" means "leather" which for some reason weirds me out a bit. Other than that though, this recent purchase of mine has been absolutely fantastic. I've used all of the colours so far, and they are just perfect. They are all pretty dupeable, though I personally feel the bottom centre one is a bit more special. Still, I love having four really wearable colours in a gorgeous golden compact. This will be going with me on all sorts of future travels and overnight stays. In terms of the quality of the eyeshadows, I have no complaints! Good pigment, blends well.. a breeze to use really.


Molton Brown Relaxing Yuan Zhi Bath & Shower 300ml
It's happened, I've officially fallen in love with Molton Brown products. This one has been amazing to use for my evening showers. The smell is wonderful, the gel lathers up beautifully and leaves the whole bathroom smelling gorgeous afterwards. I really recommend trying the Molton Brown shower gels, I will definitely be buying a few more scents to use for different occasions.


MAC Peachykeen Sheertone Shimmer Blush
As you can probably tell, this is an old favourite of mine. Admittedly, I haven't reached for it in quite a while. The last time I used it it just looked horrible and so I put it away. For some reason this month I felt like giving it a try again and my goodness is this gorgeous! I must have had really bad luck last time I used it, cause this is almost fool-proof. It's the perfect peachy blush that gives an instant glow and freshness to the face. Small micro-shimmer adds a bit of light to the face, but it's barely noticeable. It also lasts and lasts and lasts.


Soap & Glory Mighty Mouth Extreme-Hydrating Super Glossy Balm For Lips
As part of my downsize and upgrade project I decided to try finish this one. I've been using it as a lip balm when just around the house and this stuff is seriously hydrating! It's insanely sticky, but when worked well into the lips (and when not applying too much) jt's still comfortable to wear. It also lasts and lasts on the lips so you barely need to re-apply. Main point though; by god is it hydrating! This is one of very few lip balms I genuinely don't feel the need to re-apply when it's dried up and physically gone from the lips. Shame I only discovered this now when winter is ending.


Chanel Joues Contraste in 76 Frivole
This was limited edition and part of Chanel's Spring 2013 collection. I won't go into too much detail as it's mean as you can't get this anymore, but; it's a stunner. The colour is just gorgeous! It warms up the face and make you look really glowy and healthy. When I wear this you don't really notice that I'm pale. It's also matte, as far as I can tell, and I love a matte blush. If you can find a dupe for this anywhere I highly suggest this. It would suit anyone with a warmer or neutral undertone. I'd skip this kind of colour if you're very cool toned!

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Those eyeshadow colours in the palette are lovely! And that lipstick is perfect summer shade!

    www.itsflashyfash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the perfect palette in terms of getting a good use out of it - and I couldn't agree more about the lipstick! :D x

      Delete
  2. molton brown products are great! I've most recently tried their ginger lily bath gel (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've smelled that when at the store he he! I love it too - will try them all eventually I think :D x

      Delete
  3. Love the look of the eye palette and the chanel lipstick- i have the shade boy and I absolutely get what you mean about not being bothered with lipstick! These are so easy to swipe on and just wear whilst being chanel so a nice bit of luxury too. This colour looks so nice and summery! xx
    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're pretty much perfect! :D

      Delete
  4. Oooh Monte Carlo is so pretty:) I have been loving my Chanel Coco Shine Lipstick in Bonheur and I included it in my products I have been loving post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find myself reaching for Monte Carlo almost every day lately - clear favourite lip product at the moment!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig