7.22.2013

Review: Clarins Daily Energizer Lotion SPF 15


After the Clarins Daily Energizer Cream-Gel really impressed me I wanted to try their similar Daily Energizer Lotion with SPF 15 for summer. Even though SPF 15 isn't enough to ditch a separate SPF, everything helps in my mind and it's enough if your just popping over to buy some groceries. I also wanted to make sure I wrote a review on this one as I never got around to it in the midst of exam stress for the Daily Energizer Cream-Gel and I have to say I really liked that one, so this one had to be good as well, right?


The Daily Energizer Lotion with SPF 15 comes in a sleek small glass bottle with a pump. I love the packaging and it was perfect to take with me when I went to New York and Marbella. The product itself is white and creamy, but has a very light consistency and spreads easily across the skin. It's a bit thicker and heavier than the Cream-Gel version, I put this down to the SPF.


With continued use I definitely noticed my skin had more of a glow. It also served my combination skin really well by moisturising where my skin is dehydrated, but not making my skin oily or shiny where it is more normal. This left my skin feeling very comfortable throughout the day.


When comparing the two creams I loved the Cream-Gel version more because it felt like it hydrated my skin just a tad more and it gave my skin more of a noticeable glow. Still, I really enjoyed the sanitary feel of the pump plus the added SPF I always enjoy, even though I use a separate SPF every day. If I wasn't such a "hoarder" and had other things to use up I could definitely see myself sticking to these two, perhaps using both in terms of need. Using the SPF 15 on days I was home and so didn't have to apply additional SPF and the other one on days when I was working or going to school and would add the SPF anyway.


I did pick up the similar new cream from Origins, the Gin Zing Energy Boosting Day Moisturiser and I will be comparing them when I've used it for some time. Bottom line on this and the Cream-Gel is that I absolutely love them and would certainly recommend them to almost any skin type except for really dry.


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Lovely blog. I have nominated your blog for the Liebstar Award. If you head on over to my blog at www.thisismyworldthisisme.blogspot.com there is more info about it and ways to participate if you are intrested?

    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you to think of me, thank you! I've already received it and done the post and so I don't think I'm allowed to do it again? But thanks again for thinking of me, I'm very flattered! :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi! Thanks for the review on this product it's very helpful, what do you use as your every day SPF?
    Lydia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It differs - At the moment I am using the Shiseido Urban Environment SPF 50 and I also use the Kate Somerville Sun Serum and Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse when I want a primer+SPF step in one (usually on busy mornings!) Hope that helped! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig