7.23.2013

Review: Kerastase Ciment Thermique Leave-In Conditioner


I used to use this a lot when I was in my teens - and I absolutely loved it. As I grew older I wanted to experiment with different products so I drifted away from this gem and tried other things. Back in the fall I grew tired of experimenting and I was also curious to see how my old favourites would measure up now that I had other things to compare it too. Was it as great as I thought it was back then?


The Ciment Thermique is a leave-in conditioner and heat protectant in one. It has a thick, white creamy consistency and comes in a green squeeze tube as you can see in the pictures. The cream spreads quite easily and you don't need very much at all.


I apply this to towel-dried hair after washing with shampoo and conditioner/hair mask (I always use a hair mask!). I also use the Philip Kingsley Scalp Relief and the JOICO K-Pak Liquid Reconstructor. I apply a little at a time to my hand, rub my hands together to spread a thin layer evenly across my palms and then kind of "push it" into my hair, concentrating on the ends. I repeat this until I feel I have applied enough. I sometimes add the Macadamia Healing Oil to my ends if I'm letting my hair air dry, if I'm blow drying I skip the oil and apply it after blow drying instead.


When my hair is dry, either naturally or from blow drying it is incredibly soft. It's shiny, bouncy, looks really healthy, but not weighed down at all - almost light as air. I will say that in my experience blow drying does intensify the effect and makes hair even nicer when using it, but even though it's "heat activated" I get great results without any heat used too! The Ciment Thermique is absolutely incredible in my opinion. Especially as my hair doesn't just look healthy - like with so many of these products, it is healthier as well, and gets better and better with continued use.


I can not recommend this enough. Especially to anyone that is using a lot of heat on their hair, colouring it a lot or especially if your bleaching it - though I would strongly recommend the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap then as well! I have recently finished the bottle I bought in the fall, but I'm already using a new one - so obviously I would, and will, definitely re-purchase. Kerastase is usually on some kind of offer on feelunique.com, lookfantastic.com and those sites so keep a look out for a bargain if your interested in giving your hair a treat!


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. What a great post and I love your blog. You have valuable information! I'm your newest follower on GFC and bloglovin. In fact, I've shown lots of love (likes) on your wonderful bloglovin posts. Hope you'll do the same.

    Erin

    thefashionfairyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Erin! Thank you, what a nice thing to say (and do!). Your blog looks really nice too, I'm following you on Bloglovin now as well :) xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing Ellie - I don't use heat on my hair so I never considered it but if it works as well without being heat activated, I just might!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to use heat much either and I really do feel my hair is so much nicer when using this still! I think you'll love it :) x

      Delete
  3. I love this product, when I use it together with oleo-relax it just looks like I went to the hair salon. If you want you can see my review at my beauty and fashion blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellie! I just got Ciment Thermique as a gift (instead of Nectar Thermique that I would've preferred since I know for certain it can also be used on dry hair, apart from wet and towel dried). Given that you have already used CT, I have the following question... Have you ever tried it on dry hair? I don't wash my hair every day but I do use the flat iron on a daily basis. So, on those days when I have the hair absolutely dry and need to straighten, but don't want to wash it again, do you think it would be possible to use this product and not making a mess with my hair? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question. I can't say for sure as I haven't tried it on dry hair and can't as I've finished the bottle and don't have it anymore. I would say you could try it on a day youre not doing something special and see how your hair likes it. I would think that applying it to damp hair after washing it will be enough until next time you do wash it. What you could try though, is perhaps to wet your hair a bit with some water from the tap and then apply it? I hope that was of at least some help! Let me know what you end up doing! :)

      Delete
    2. I decided to try it on dry hair (not freshly washed), I mixed it with one pump of Elixir Ultime serum and then I applied the emulsion. Once it was absorbed into the hair, I used the flat iron. It worked well. Not wonderful, but just fine. Maybe next time I will spray my hair with some thermal spring water, in order to damp it before apply CT and straighten.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig