8.15.2013

Review: Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye


As a long-time fan and user of Estee Lauder's famed Advanced Night Repair Serum I was excited, to say the least, when I heard news of them releasing a version specially formulated for the eye area. I was given the product to try by Estee Lauder a few months before it got released, but haven't written about it until now as I wanted to test it properly first. As my first bottle is all gone I figured it was about time to do one now.


The Advanced Night Repair Eye is ment to combat your typical eye area concerns; fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, dryness and dark circles. It has anti-oxidants and hyaluronic acid to make the eye area look younger, healthier and more radiant. It also has something new that the then Advanced Night Repair Serum didn't have; anti-pollution properties. These news set off some alarms for me at the launch and I was not at all surprised when they revealed they were releasing a new Advanced Night Repair as I was expecting it due to this.


The serum comes in a sleek little bottle in signature brown with a gold cap. It has a pump that is very sensitive and so you have a lot of control over how much comes out. Just the slightest hint of pressing down releases a minor amount of product. I love the pump. The only downside to the packaging is that you can't see how much is left inside. This surprised me a bit as you can with the regular serum and I just assumed this was the same kind of packaging, so perhaps it's an updated kind. I have no information on that.


But does it work? When I started using this I was already using a few samples of the Dior Capture Totale Eye Serum and was quite impressed. I went straight from that to this and didn't see too much of a difference. I also have to point out that choice of eye cream will also influence how the area looks so it's not just down to the serums. And you do still have to use an eye cream with this, it's not at all enough on it's own.

After a few weeks of use I did feel my eye area was looking very healthy, but I was also using the La Prairie Cellular Eye Contour Cream which is an absolutely fantastic eye cream and so I didn't know which product was doing what - perhaps just a fantastic combination?


It was when I was going on a two weeks + holiday to New York I decided to put this product properly to the test. I did not take it with me and so wanted to see if I would notice any difference, plus save a bit of space in my luggage, albeit quite small!

I didn't notice too much change straight away, and I still wasn't quite sure if it was the lack of this or the heat, sun and little sleep - as I was getting up early and getting back late, enjoying the most amazing city in the world!


But then I came back. I started using it straight, and I did take it with me to Marbella. And wow if I noticed the difference. A massive difference. This one ticked all the boxes of it's claims. I don't have wrinkles, but I do have dehydration lines that were massively reduced and less noticeable. My eye area indeed looked more healthy, radiant and I have very little to no dark circles. I don't have a big problem with that, but still.  I swear to god I feel like I've even had a very slight eye lift. Everything just looks... better.

Needless to say I've re-purchased and the product in the pictures are of my second bottle. I couldn't see how far along I was in my first bottle, but bought another one as I thought it was about time - and surely three days later there was absolutely nothing left! Seems like me and this product is clicking in every way. Absolutely recommended - to everyone of every age with every concern or no concerns at all. Everyone can and will benefit from using this product. Just fabulous!

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I'm always on the look out for a new eye cream :) I'm using Origins Eye Doctor at the moment

    I have posted tonight :) would love you to stop by!

    The Jewel Beauty Blog - A friendly beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't tried that one - what's it like? I've used the GinZing eye cream though - loved that :) x

      Delete
  2. I had a little sample of this and at first I didn't expect anything from it but it really does make my eyes area feels a lot softer.

    Kah-Feh Yen
    I'm currently running a MAC lipstick and other goodies giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wasn't really sure what to expect either but it really does make a difference :) x

      Delete
  3. This looks pretty awesome! I wish they weren't so pricey but I guess if it works, it's worth it :) xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he yeah it's a bit pricey, but you're right; if it works it works! :) x

      Delete
  4. Lovely review! I just recently bought my first eye cream and it's the Vitamin C one by Una Brennan. I'm enjoying it so far! I really wanna get the original ANR though! Thanks for sharing! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm really keen to try the new ANR Serum that's come out as well!! Gotta finish the "old one" I have first though! Eye cream with Vitamin C sounds really nice! :D xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig