9.15.2013

NOTD: Nails Inc Baker Street


After much back and forth I did end up ordering the Nails Inc mini nail polish set from Feelunique last december. It came with 15 mini polishes in all different colours, finishes plus some glitters! Here I am reviewing Baker Street - their famous bright blue!


Baker Street is a a beautiful bright blue. It's not light or dark, just a really bright in-your-face and very noticeable blue. This is not the colour for anyone that doesn't want anything eye catching and it's not something I'd recommend wearing to the office - though that of course depends on the kind of office you work in! Even with it being bright there's still something a bit muted about it as it is white based. This makes it suitable for women of all ages that like a bit of colour on their fingertips.


The Nails Inc mini's are tiny 4 ml bottles that look exactly the same as the original packaging except for being smaller. The wand is quite narrow and reminds me a lot of the Chanel wands. They don't hold too much product, but I think they will last for about 10 application - all depending on how much you apply and how many layers. The 15 piece set is perfect for anyone that doesn't own a lot of nail polish that want to "branch out" a little. The 4 ml sizes are perfect for us gals that have way too much nail polish already as these bottles don't seem as overwhelming and will probably actually get used up in not too much time.


The first layer of this is a streak and patch disaster. Absolutely unwearable! After applying the second layer however - you get a beautiful even, non-streaky, smooth and completely opaque finish. With two coats Baker Street is absolutely gorgeous!




The 15 piece set was my first time trying Nails Inc polishes and overall I've been quite impressed with the formula they offer. On average they apply very well with two coats (3-4 for the sheerer ones if you want opaque coverage) and they last a really long time, when combined with OPI Nail Envy and Seche Vite.

Baker Street hasn't been the most impressive of the bunch in terms of lasting power, but not at all bad. The pictures in this post was taken on day 3 with it still looking nice except for some minor tip wear. For me personally making it to 3 days is all I need from a polish as I like to change it by then. On day 4 this started really chipping away and by day 5 it needed to come off. Still it's a beautiful blue polish that is absolutely delicious! If your interested in getting a blue polish I do recommend Baker Street and I also do recommend getting a 15 piece set this christmas (if they are released again) if that's something your considering.


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This is such a beautiful shade - the little bottle is really cute, too :) x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he it is! And travel friendly too! :) x

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this shade... it's so gorgeous, and you can't feel down whilst wearing it :D xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and pictures, they portray the nail polish well. I love this shade. The Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in Pacific Blue is basically identical. I have them both and I am torn between the two. The Sally Hansen has a wide brush which I prefer (similar to Dior polishes) and is typically $2. However Nails Inc. has an amazing formula as well. I have quite a fair share of their polishes and love them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you compare it to that as I almost got the Sally Hansen one in New York but skipped because I thought it would be too similar to Baker Street! I've been really impressed with Nails Inc polishes as well - you should check out their 15 piece christmas sets if you love their formula - great value! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Oooo that colour is absolutely gorgeous, I want it!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful colour! Three days aren't bad at all, I consider anything above two as great! :P

    Beauty from the Fjord xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too - I get sick of a colour so quickly and if the manicure is still perfect I sometimes don't have the heart to remove it lol x x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig