10.19.2013

Review: Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel


The second peeling mask I ever tried was blogger favourite Elemis' Papaya Enzyme Peel. I had only used the Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant before this, another cult favourite, and was excited to compare the two.


The truth is their not all that different. They are both gentle, easy enough to use and give similar results. The Papaya Enzyme Peel has a more invigorating smell with a more fruity scent. The scent certainly lets the mask live up to what you'd expect it to smell like according it's exotic name.


The peel is creamy and white and spreads easily across the skin. You don't need very much at all. It doesn't dry down so you can still have a conversation while it's on, drink some tea etc. According to Elemis' directions you should leave it on for 10-15 minutes, I leave it on for 10 as my skin is more on the sensitive side. You'll need to adjust this according to your own skins particular needs.


I always use exfoliating masks, or any mask for that matter, as part of my evening skincare routine. I don't find I see any immediate results after removing the Papaya mask, but I do notice skin being more radiant and even toned the next morning. If you don't always use a serum at night, make sure to use one after you've used this mask as you'll see it works even better on just exfoliated skin!


This doesn't leave skin as baby smooth as other more harsh exfoliating products can do, but it does the job well still. This makes it perfect for anyone with a more sensitive skin type. Unfortunately I don't feel this makes too much of a definite difference to hyper pigmentation marks. I'm sure it does on average in the long run, but I never see any definite improvements on marks straight after using this and that's a bit of a bummer.

Overall I'm semi-underwhelmed by this. It's nice enough, doesn't irritate skin and works ok. In all fairness my expectations might have been a little high with all the hype, I'm not sure what exactly I was hoping it would do that it hasn't. Having said that I will be looking for something else when I finish the tube. Mostly because I like trying different things - I'd say this one is a pretty safe bet for anyone with sensitive skin so if I find other similar products do irritate my skin in the future I'll probably make a return to this. It might not sound like it, but I really do like the Papaya Enzyme Peel! I love the gorgeous scent, how gentle it is and it does do it's job well!


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hi Ellie! I think I have a couple of samples of this but I haven't tried it yet-it sounds similar to the Caudalie Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel Mask I reviewed yesterday-I'll try and compare the two xxx

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they should be fairly similar - I haven't tried the Caudalie version yet, but have always wanted to! Caudalie is such a lovely brand!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig