12.11.2013

Favourites: November 2013


My favourites for the month of November are all a rather luxe roundup, but an absolute 5 star one. November was a month filled with exams and papers being due and it was nice to not only have amazing products to rely on, but to indulge a bit extra due to the circumstances. I whole-heartedly recommend all of these products to everyone - they are some of my all-time faves!


Chanel - Ombres Matalassées in 'Charming' - click here for review -
This should come as no surprise to anyone who's read my review on this. I've used it non-stop since getting it and have only now almost forced myself off of it to try and use some of the other eyeshadows I have. If my review wasn't enough to convince you, I'll say it again; seriously, get this - it's the perfect palette.


Aesop - Parsely Seed Anti-Oxidant Facial Toner 200ml
A full length review of this should be coming in not too long. Almost immediately after buying and starting to use this I noticed a difference in my skin. I can't describe what exactly, but it was just healthier. I've had less breakouts, a nicer texture and more even skin tone. I'm halfway through this bottle and will most certainly re-purchase.


Tom Ford - Champaca Absolute Eau De Parfum 50ml
When in New York this summer walking through one of the department stores a guy at the Tom Ford perfume section gave me a paper with some perfume sprayed on it. I whiffed it whilst continuing walking around looking and made a u-turn as I had to ask what the scent was. It was Champaca Absolute. I kept the paper in my bag and kept smelling it throughout the whole day, constantly making my boyfriend smell it as well going "It is just amazing isn't it, isn't that just incredibly nice?!". Obviously I had to pick up a bottle before leaving and while I've loved it here and there in November I used it almost every day. I find it near impossible to describe scents, but I'd say it's one of the more feminine Tom Ford has on offer and while it may or may not actually contain vanilla, it's that sort of smell. To me at least.


Kiehl's - Creme De Corps 500ml
A cult and backstage favourite. It's hard to describe exactly why this lotion is so much better than all the others as it doesn't do anything noteworthy. But it does everything "normal" perfectly. It moisturises every part of my body perfectly, both the driest and least dry parts. It sinks in quickly, leaves no residue and while it has a faint smell of.. milk? It doesn't linger at all. It also isn't irritating and my skin can be irritated to certain body products. It is a body lotion reminiscent of the simple, but wonderful Moisture-Rich Body Lotion by Clarins, another favourite of mine. Still, Kiehl's Creme De Corps just does everything a little bit better. Plus I love the pump.


Chanel - Joues Contraste in '84 Accent' - click here for review -
Another one that should be no surprise. This one I've also used every single day since getting it, and I can't seem to get myself to use anything else. Accent is the only blush in my world right now, and I think it just might be for the remainder of 2014. It's just that good.


Yves Saint Laurent - Golden Gloss in 31
This is an old gloss that was part of a limited edition collection a few years back. I've been trying to use it up and whilst doing so fell back in love with it. it's just so easy. It gives almost no colour, but warms up the lips and gives an incredible shine. It's been perfect when I'm running out the door to get to university or an exam and I don't have time to think about what to wear on my lips. In the cold winter weather applying a coat of gloss really helps protect the lips from the harsh weather conditions, so gloss for me is a bit of a necessity these days. It's really cold in Norway now, but it looks absolutely beautiful with all of the snow in time for christmas!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig