1.10.2014

14 Products I Want To Use Up in 2014


Back in 2012 I did the 100 days spending ban. It was really successfull and I actually really enjoyed it. Since I've steered away from another ban, feeling as one isn't needed as I've gotten my spendings very much under control. I'm still fine. However, makeup takes forever to finish so all those things I accumulated in the past is a tad overwhelming and in so I want to try and finish a few things off.
This is not a project pan or spending ban of any sort, more of a project of a few things I want to try and focus on and by doing so, hopefully finish before the end of 2014. I've chosen things I've already used quite a bit of and things I like, or at least have found a way to use that I like well enough. This way it won't be too much of a hassle and I'll probably enjoy this project too.

I've steered clear of any eyeshadows, as you may notice. I did a similar project in 2013 as well, and that one included two eyeshadows - one cream, one powder. The powder was already showing massive pan when I started and the cream shadow had been used a fair bit. It still took me 6-7 months to finish them, using them almost every day! Mostly, it left me bored out of my mind. So, I won't be doing that again for that reason.


Now onto the products I have chosen. First off I'll start with primer. I've chosen the Kate Somerville Serum Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ and the Shu Uemura Stage Perfomer. Both products I enjoy using. The Kate Somerville is nearing it's end anyway and the Shu Uemura I think is about 2/5 left.


For Foundation I have the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation and Make Up For Ever's famous HD Foundation. I have been mixing these two together as the HD is too light and the YSL is too dark - and the combination is actually really lovely! The HD Foundation is about halfway gone and the YSL 1/3. I am currently using two pumps of the HD with one pump of the YSL so the HD will obviously finish first. When it does I have another too light foundation, also from MUFE that will take it's place as I would like to finish that one as well.


I have two concealers - one for under the eyes and one for imperfections on my face. I am currently using the Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer that I am using under my eyes and the MAC Studio Finish that I am using for blemishes and other imperfections. I've been using these for a while trying to finish them. While I think the Lift Concealer is just ok, I really do enjoy the Studio Finish and only want to finish it as it's nearing the end anyway, I have my Cle De Peau that I love more plus it's Mac so finishing it means I'm closer to finally back 2 mac'ing those products that have been lurking in my drawer for over a year now..


That is also why I've chosen a few more MAC products. One of them being Painterly. I've had my Painterly for a while now and it's starting to dry out a bit. It still smells the same, works the same and feels the same, but it's seperated a bit from the edges so I want to finish it up before it goes bad. I absolutely love Painterly as an eyeshadow base and will most probably buy it again some time in the future.

Another eye-primer I've added is the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I've given most of these samples away, but I have this one left and I want to try and finish it off. I then have my Too Faced Shadow Insurance that I will want to finish next before I'll finally be "free" to buy either the NARS or Tom Ford eyeshadow primer - we'll see what my heart wants when I finally finish the products - perhaps there will be something new by then as it will probably take forever..


I have also included MAC's Omega. I love using Omega for my brows and have been using it pretty much everyday for almost two years. It's close to being finished, plus I have an Anastasia Brow Powder waiting to be used, so I want to finally finish Omega so I can use that.


My final MAC product of the bunch is a blush in Peachykeen. I've used quite a bit of this and while I tried to finish it in 2013, and obviously didn't, I want to try again in 2014 and with this little left I can't see why I wouldn't be able too. Peachykeen is a gorgeous blush that is pretty foolproof and goes with everything. I absolutely love it and the only reason I want it gone is because I've had it for ages and it's so close to being finished anyway.


I have two powders - my Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder and the YSL Poudre Sur Mesure. The YSL powder is too dark for me so I am using it as a soft contour/bronzer shade. While I was quite critical of the Chanel powder in my review of it - I do still like it, I just don't love it, and not as much as many other powders I own so therefore I want to finish it. It's close to being finished anyway, and with not that much product inside the compact is way too big to have "hanging around". The YSL powder I have absolutely no idea how much is left as I can't tell so it's always a bit exciting each time I "grate" the powder to see if it's the end already. This one will be quite exciting - it could take two weeks, or the whole year.. Hopefully not the latter!


Finally I have two glosses. These are the oldest glosses I own - a YSL Golden Gloss and Lancome Color Fever Gloss. I love both of these. The Lancome is the perfect nude purple toned gloss and the Golden Gloss is a gorgeous barely there shade that adds a bit of warmth to your lips plus mega shine. I love both and have used a fair bit so I think I should be able to finish these in 2014. Especially the Lancome one as it's already pretty near finished.


Those are the 14 products I want to focus on for 2014. I am hoping to finish a lot of them sooner rather than later as I have other products I'd like to switch in when some are gone. I aim to always have 14 products "on the go" that I am focusing on and am planning to do an update every 3 months - so 4 times during the year. I will do it more often if I feel there is a point, but as makeup takes so long to finish I feel 3 months is better to see actual progress.

If any of you are doing any projects, low-buys or similar this year I'd love to hear what you are doing! There is so many great projects going on at youtube that are great for inspiration. I love seeing/reading what others are doing like this so if you have a video or blog post - feel free to leave a link! Good luck to all of you!

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. interesting post! MAC blusher looks great!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes Peachykeen is gorgeous! :) x

      Delete
  2. Great post!! I use Omega for my brows as well and have hit pan-it's such a great shade!

    I am no where near pan on Peachykeen, must dig it out, forgot how lovely it is! I also love both the foundations you have featured xxx

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are all great products so I don't mind focusing on them! Dig out peachykeen it really is a wonderful colour of blush!! :) xxxx

      Delete
  3. Awesome and inspirational post to shop our stashes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the glosses :D I have 2 of that Lancome range and they are awesome and also they smell divine :D

    macabre-moon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them too, they are so comfortable on the lips and feels hydrating to me! :) x

      Delete
  5. Love this post!
    I really need to use up some blushes and bronzer's this year.
    Its weird because some products i feel I go through so quickly.
    While some I use everyday and they still look full.
    Anyways, random rant there... thanks for sharing :)
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know me too - I go through my favourite foundation soo quickly, but the ones I want to finish takes forever lol typical!! xx

      Delete
  6. It was soo interesting to read about your project of finishing product☺️ I think I may need one too.. I have tonnes of samples, so I think I shall start 'project finish my samples' hehe
    Thank you for the inspiration! Gonna follow you now����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! I know what you mean, I have two drawers filled with samples that I really need to clear out too lol!! Happy I inspired you and thank you for following :) Your instagram is one of my favourites! xx

      Delete
  7. I'm really impressed how far you've gotten on so many of those products. I'm so hesitant to make a project like this because I'm worries I'll feel limited. Do you keep them out of your collection and on your vanity so you are constantly reminded to use them? I have such large empties videos each month that I feel like I get through quite a bit of product, but I constantly feel overwhelmed. It's probably because I need to get my spending under control :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I keep them in a cute little chanel bag on my vanity! I chose mostly base products, that way I can still experiment with different eye colours, blush, bronzer and lipstick! My glosses are really "everyday" so as a student that's something I'll turn to a lot for when I go to class anyway etc. I think it's important to think through what you choose, and to choose something you like :) But yes, first get your spendings under control because if you keep buying too much it doesn't make much of a difference.. Perhaps do a 100 day spending ban? I did that and surprisingly I really, really liked it! It makes you realise for example that by the end of the 100 days you don't really want half of the things you thought you needed when you first saw them.. :) xx

      Delete
    2. That's a really good idea about the spending ban! It will probably easier for me to do that now we just got a house and I'll be busy with all that! But I could definitely see myself enjoying a spending ban :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig