1.06.2014

Empties: December 2013


It looks like I finished a lot less stuff in December than usual, but it's not really true. In December I went to London, Cannes, Italy and home to my parents house for christmas. I used a lot of samples when travelling, but I wasn't going to bring empty products back home with me. Especially not on a plane. Still there is a nice amount of products here to talk about, and I will say that nothing that I finished that isn't here, was anything spectacular. Only one thing, and that one I did actually take back home with me empty.


Macadamia - Rejuvenating Shampoo 300ml - click here for review -
First out is this Shampoo from the Macadamia range that I recently reviewed on the blog. I wasn't very impressed with this one and was happy to finally finish it. It is all around ok, but no better than cheaper options, so why bother?

Kerastase - Ciment Thermique 125ml - click here for review -
This has been a long-time favourite of mine and still is. I won't be re-purchasing right now as I feel my hair simply doesn't need this anymore. I've cut down on colouring and processing my hair and in doing so my hair simply isn't very damaged. I'll be focusing more on moisture for now, but if I should ever find my hair feeling like it's about to break off I'll turn to this trusted guy no question.


Clarins - Hand and Nail Treatment Cream 50ml
This is a fab hand cream. It moisturises really well without leaving any residue after absorbing fairly quickly. It has a faint smell, but barely any so not in any way offensive. It softens hands and make them both feel and look really healthy and well taken care of.

Clarins - Moisture-Rich Body Lotion 100ml
I've written about this many times before and have even gone through a few mega-sizes of it. It's a simple, yet gorgeous body lotion that moisturises even the driest of skins without leaving a residue and with a very faint, but pleasant smell. Much like the hand cream mentioned above.

Fushi - Organic Rosehip Oil 100ml
A favourite of mine and probably my best find of 2013! I'm going through this fairly quickly and wish they would do a bigger size, but that's the only "complaint" I have - this stuff is amazing, I will re-purchase forever!


Aesop - Purifying Facial Cream Cleanser 100ml - click here for review-
This is a very gentle clay based cream cleanser that I love for washing my face in the mornings. I've recently written a full review and I don't have much to add to it, except that I have re-purchased though that should come as no surprise!

Urban Decay - De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray 120ml
I can't be without this. This keeps my makeup on all day and no primer or other makeup setting spray, even Urban Decay's other ones, can come close to doing what this one does. For me at least. I will buy this for as long as they make it.


Nuxe - Reve de Miel Lip Balm 15g
This stuff is really nice. It moisturises really well, much better than most other lip balms I've tried and lips still feel moisturised after it's been absorbed and not just while the product is sitting on the lips. I've already got another one on the go.

Creme De La Mer - The Moisturising Cream 3.5ml
This is the product I took back with me because I wanted to mention it. This stuff is seriously amazing. I never really believed the hype around this, especially not as the ingredients really aren't all that amazing. Still it works absolutely amazing, my skin has never looked this good! I've bought the small 30ml size and am excited to crack it open once I finish a few other products.

REN - Active 7 Radiant Eye Gel 3ml
I'm usually really impressed by REN products, but this one has left me quite underwhelmed.. It just doesn't feel like it does.. anything. It barely moisturises, my under eyes were noticeably more dark than usual when using this and I didn't look any more radiant either.


Clinique - Bottom Lash Mascara 2ml
There's so much hype surrounding this product I was really excited when I got to finally try it. It works really nice, but unfortunately it's near impossible to get off at the end of the day! That's something I just can't be bothered with. I might buy it again at some point as in impulse treat or for a special occasion, but I don't consider it a necessity and tugging away at my bottom lashes every evening isn't really all that appealing to me. It's a shame as it really is wonderful otherwise.

Guerlain - Maxi Lash in 01 Noir
This is a very nice mascara, but I don't personally find it as amazing as some people make it out to be. It's nice enough, sure, it gives a good flutter, length and definition, but it just isn't much better than something you can find at the drugstore. Now, if nice packaging is what your out for though, this one comes in a beautifully sleek small gold tube so that could be worth the extra cash if you appreciate that sort of thing.

Estee Lauder - Sumptous Mascara in 01 Black 8ml
This is a very generous sample, I must say. Especially when you compare it to the 2ml of Clinique Bottom Lash that I paid for. That aside this is an excellent mascara, but not as good as the Sumptous Extreme in my opinion. This gives definition and a bit of length, but not much and very little in terms of volume and it's not all that buildable either. Perfect for those seeking natural lashes that really just want to add a bit of black, but personally I prefer Lauder's other mascara offerings.


Dior - Miss Dior Eau De Toilette
One of my favourite perfumes of all time that I've never owned and probably never will. I'm just so fed up with the commercial perfumes and have gotten really into the more expensive and independent brands. Plus Tom Ford. Not that Tom Ford isn't commercial, but everyone and their mother don't wear his perfumes, at least not in Norway where the range isn't even available.

Kai - Kai Fragrance
I liked this, but not enough to consider buying it. Especially not as the boyfriend really didn't like it. It's a very nice flowery scent, quite fresh.


Kiehl's - Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Mask 5ml
I cut off the name but it's the sachet in the back and it lasted I think two or three uses. I really liked it. It's hard to talk about long term effects when using it just a few times, but immediate ones was really clean skin that didn't feel stripped like so many other clay masks make skin feel. I'm definitely gaining an interest in this very hyped up mask.

Aesop - Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Eye Serum 0.75ml
The last empty of the year and it's a bit of a disappointment. I don't know how this will fare for others, but for me it barely seemed to do anything. If what's in this sachet isn't enough to see the effects, then that's Aesop's fault for not producing larger samples to be honest. I am using Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Eye every morning and night, and have been for about a year and that gives much, much better results than this.


DECEMBER TOTAL:
Normal: 7
Deluxe Sample: 3
Sample: 7 
Jumbo: 0

2013 TOTAL
Normal: 191
Deluxe Sample: 71
Sample: 128
Jumbo: 10

So there you go - that's the total of 2013! Those numbers are quite impressive, I think, but as I haven't kept a number on how much I've acquired it's hard to know for sure if it's much good at all. I am thinking of keeping a tally on both for 2014, but I will talk more about that in an upcoming post with products I want to use up in 2014. I will continue doing empties posts next year as well as I feel it's really encouraging me to make sure I go through what I've got and not have a dozen half used body lotion on rotation at the same time. I've been very happy with how much I've noticeably downsized my stack this year, and hope that by this time next year I will have significantly reduced the space my products take up by even more.





SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm loving the Nuxe Reve de Miel, it's really good. I want to try some Fushi products for a while and that Rosehip Oil is definitely in my wishlist!

    x Giada | The Beauty Recensionist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it the Rosehip Oil is just amazing! x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig