1.28.2014

Review: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in '93 Impulsion'


Impulsion is an Illusion D'Ombre released as part of Chanel's Spring 2014 Collection 'Notes de Printemps'. I've never before bought, or used, an Illusion D'Ombre and never found it hard to resist them either. Impulsion though, for some reason, instantly got my attention and here I am with my first ever Illusion D'Ombre.


Chanel's version of the cream eyeshadow is hyped, to say the least. You'll find many bloggers and youtubers owning several of the shades and constantly raving about them. I never really got what the big deal was, and after owning one I think this is one of those items you just have to use yourself to really "get it".


Impulsion is a light baby pink with tons and tons of glitter. It can be built up for a more noticeable pink colour, or sheered out to a mostly glittery base. I haven't used this as a base, but as a base colour on it's own. The little round glass pot comes with a nice little brush to apply the product. The cap can be placed at the end of the part where the brush is to create a longer handle. I've applied Impulsion getting the product out of the pot with the brush and then placing it on my eyelid, I've then blended it out with my fingers. I find this works best for me personally and I have to say I'm quite impressed with the brush. Any brush that 'comes with' is usually worthy only of the garbage, but this one I will actually keep on using.



Staying power of this is really excellent. Once they dry down they don't move, budge and barely fade. Do keep this in mind when applying - I do one eye at a time, because you want to blend the edges before it dries! I've applied this in the morning and still had a beautiful pink glittery eye look when it was time to remove it at night.


I've stayed clear of most cream shadows the last year as I've felt I needed to focus on using up the ones I've got before they dry out, which they do rather quickly. I still need to do that, but getting Impulsion has really made me keen to try more of the Illusion D'Ombre's. If Chanel release another colour this year that is just up my alley I think I'll find it impossibly to pass on as they seem to be fantastic products! I'm quite smitten - if you can't already tell!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This is one of the prettiest pink shades I've ever seen! I think I have fallen head over heals in love... with an eyeshadow! haha

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol me too ha ha! It's just so gorgeous! :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He he I know - it's a beauty! :D x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig