1.12.2014

Review: REN Rosa Centifolia No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm


For a while I've been sticking to using my Emma Hardie Amazing Face Cleansing Balm in the evenings and the Aesop Purifying Clay Cream Cleanser in the mornings, and loving it. Usually when I go away for a few days I'm happy to resort to cleanser samples, which most of the time are foaming cleansers. However, in December I was going to spend almost 3/4 of it away and I didn't want to foam up for such a long time. I therefore decided to buy the newly re-formulated REN Cleansing Balm in the tube as it's a cleansing balm that I can actually travel with. I have been using it everyday since and the results have been absolutely amazing.


I never used the cleansing balm REN had before this, but I did look at it in-store and the biggest difference between the two that I can tell from just that is the texture. The new balm is smoother in texture and doesn't get stuck in the tube. You need about a walnut size each time and it spreads easily across your skin. The only thing I don't like about the cleanser is the smell. It's nothing bad, but I really don't like it. It reminds me of how the Moroccan Rose Body Wash smells, which I also don't like for the smell alone.


When washing my face with this I will remove my makeup first with Bioderma. I then massage this across my face, eyes and down my neck before rinsing it off with some lukewarm water and patting it dry. This works the best in my opinion. This isn't as thick as the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm and so doing the whole warm-cloth-removal isn't really necessary as this comes off too easily, in my opinion.


The balm comes with a free muslin cloth which I think is really nice. I haven't used it myself as my skin doesn't seem to be particularly fond of muslin cloths - too harsh, but for those that prefer using a muslin cloth with your cleanser getting a free one is a massive plus.


Now for the results. Even though I've been stearing clear of foaming cleansers for a while now, this cleanser still took my skin to a whole other place. My skin is visibly more plump, radiant, less dehydrated, my pores are visibly smaller and even though I don't have a massive issue with blemishes, I still definitely have less - meaning none, since using this.


I don't know what REN did to this, but it's nothing short of a miracle product. This is the best cleanser I have ever used. I have a backup of both the Aesop and Emma Hardie cleansers that I will incorporate into my routine to use up (plus I still absolutely adore them as well), but once they are gone I see myself sticking strictly to this one, day and night. You can't argue amazing results!

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Ooh wow, this sounds brill! I think I'll be picking this up to try next after my Elemis 'Pro Radiance Cream Cleanser' runs out. x

    duggydimples

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this cleanser, I just bought my third tub of it although this tub is the new re-formulated version so will be interesting to see what it's like xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think you'll love it! I didn't try the old one, but I know for sure I love this one!! Good luck I hope you like it! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Another cleanser i've been wanting to try, think it's about time i got myself one! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get this next definitely, can't rave enough about it! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Great review! This cleanser looks amazing. Too bad I had 20 (no joke) to go through. I'm trying to be better this year, but this looks like something I definitely want to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He he wow yeah 20 is a lot! Perhaps use trying this as a goal - once you finish 5 or something, then you buy this? :) xx

      Delete
    2. Okay I counted, I have 12. But a lot are deluxe sizes :) 5 empty cleansers sounds like a reasonable goal.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig