2.04.2014

Empties: January 2014


After doing a bit of shopping during December on my trip to London and France/Italy plus receiving a few products as part of gifts for Christmas I knew it was time to do a bit of de-cluttering. I deemed January "sample month" and have been working on finally cleaning out the incredibly huge back-stock of products just "lying around". I also wanted to focus on finishing stuff that had been "almost empty" for a while. I've also taken a lot of stuff and given away to friends and family. It's definitely been a success and I can already see a noticeable improvement. I might even continue on into February.


Korres - Vanilla Cinnamon Moisturising Shower Gel 250ml
I bought this back at the end of November thinking anything cinnamon scented would be perfect to use during December and the holidays. I was right. This smelled just like christmas and was a treat to use both in the morning and evenings. I think I'll buy this again next year.

Giorgio Armani - Acqua Di Gioia Body Lotion 75ml
I got this as a gift a while back and decided it was finally time to use it. The smell is nice and the lotion itself is decent, but nothing spectacular. If you have and love the perfume, this would be a good purchase I'm sure, but otherwise there's many other lotions that are much, much more impressive.

Clarins - Moisture-Rich Body Lotion with Shea Butter 100ml
Another one of these. I don't think I can think of anything new to say about this lotion as it's been featured about 40 times already, other then; I still like it!


Molton Brown - Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod Bath & Shower 30ml - click here for review -
I adore Molton Brown body washes and I adore this scent specifically. I've owned the full size in the past and probably will again.

Molton Brown - Invigorating Suma Ginseng Bath & Shower 30ml
A lovely product, but the scent isn't for me as it's too manly. For any men, or women that like more masculine scents - this is something to check out!

hth - Body Lotion Vitamin B5 White Tea 30ml
This was OK and that's pretty much that. It moisturised well enough except for my really dry legs and it only smelled of clean. Not something I will be buying the full-size of though.


Redken - All Soft Shampoo 50ml & Conditioner 30ml
These are very nice products and perfect for anyone with dry hair. I found the conditioner made my hair really soft and shiny, which usually only a mask left in for a long time can do! The shampoo is also very gentle on the hair, but with continued use I found my hair to get a tad more oily at the roots with this. If you've got all around dryness, meaning scalp+hair this is a duo worth having a look at!

Macadamia - Healing Oil Treatment 10ml - click here for review -
This shouldn't really be in here I realised as I only really used up what I had decanted into this tiny bottle from the big bottle I've also finished. The actual product in this little thing I finished ages ago which led to me buying the full size. I love this oil, but am currently using the Oribe Gold Lust oil instead.


La Roche-Posay - Anthelios XL 100ml
This bottle is unfortunately quite full, but finding other sunscreens I much preferred left this one continuously untouched. Now it's getting too old to do it's duty so off it goes. This sunscreen is so hyped up, but I have to say I don't get it. It's OK by all means, but it's rather thick and greasy in my opinion, especially compared to other much lighter options I much prefer; such as the Eucerin Mattifying one or my current favourite by Kiehl's.

Mario Badescu - Silver Powder 29ml
After reading this post; link - I went and threw this straight in the trash/empties bag. I urge everyone to read it as well! I did quite like the silver powder, but I won't even bother writing my full opinion on it as I'm so disgusted with the brand I want no part in promoting any of their products.

Emoform - White 40ml
Simply asking for a whitening toothpaste in addition to the other things your buying in an Italian pharmacy proved not the best idea. The lady "helping me" apparently saw this as a great opportunity to sell me the most overpriced toothpaste they had, without a word about it. But fine, my bad. This little tiny number cost a whopping 7-8 euros and lasted few days longer than that for both me and my boyfriend. And it didn't do niente whitening wise either.


Caudalie - Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum 30ml - click here for review -
One of my favourites! I'm currently using the famed Hydraluron to finally try it for myself, but so far I'm pretty sure I still prefer this. We'll see. 

Trilogy - Certified Organic Rosehip Oil 45ml - click here for review -
This is a wonder product for sure! Rosehip Oil must be one of the best discoveries I made last year, skincare wise, and this was the one that "started it all". I'm going to try the Pai version now, but wouldn't be hard pressed to re-purchase this again.

Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair 50ml - click here for review -
I love this stuff. But it took me absolutely forever to finish this bottle and I'm glad it's finally gone. I'm very curious about the new version, especially as the Eye Serum that I adore is based around the same science. However, I need a little break from the ANR as I've had and used it permanently for so many years. 


Aesop - Mouthwash 50ml
These were all part of a skincare set I bought a little while back. The Mouthwash is really bizarre and tastes like no other mouthwash I've ever tried before. Still, I love it and ended up lagging a massive super heavy bottle of this back from London in December.

Aesop - Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Facial Toner 15ml
I already had the full size of this before, but this came with the set and was perfect to take along on my travels during December. I love this toner - the smell, the feel, the results!

Aesop - Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Hydrator 15ml
This little tube lasted me an impressively long time. I really liked what it did for my skin - moisturised very well, but wasn't at all greasy. It also kept skin healthy looking, and didn't cause any breakouts. However it is a bit sticky, and that I don't love. I'll have to say I'm undecided on this one still. 


Heal Gel - Face 5ml
I've read some people use this as a moisturiser, but I used it as a serum. And I loved it! It made skin really healthy, glowing and made whatever blemishes and scars I had fade much faster.

Biotherm - Skin Ergetic Repairing Concentrate 5ml
I'm not sure exactly what this did to my skin, but I really liked it! Even on January 1st this had my skin glowing and looking as healthy as ever - even though I certainly didn't feel that way. I was so impressed with this I've bought the full size!

La Prairie - Cellular Hydrating Serum 5ml
This was my hydrating serum whilst travelling and it really, really impressed me! I'm currently using the Hydraluron but must admit to being very tempted paying the high price tag for this once that is empty. I still have a couple more samples of this I will use to be sure, but for now I have nothing bad to say about it!

La Prairie - Cellular Eye Contour Cream 3ml - click here for review -
If you've read my blog for a while you'll know I love this stuff. I've also owned the full size jar in the past. I use it as my night time eye cream and it moisturises the eye area to perfection.


Tata Harper - Replenishing Nutrient Complex 3ml
Another success story from my sample picks to take on my vacation. This tiny sample lasted for the absolute longest time. It comes with a rollerball which saves you from wasting the product. I found this to be amazing. Whenever my skin didn't feel "quite right" I'd "slap" this on and it would balance my skin to just where it should be. I've bought the full size.

Sensai - Prime Solution 2ml
This was the first of my trials the past month I didn't really get on with. After using this for a few days I noticed skin being more congested than usual and felt a tad uncomfortable. I don't mind this didn't impress me though as it's outrageously expensive.

Omorovicza - Intensive Hydra-Lifting Cream 5ml
This was a nice cream that brought a lot of moisture. It was a tad too heavy for my skin though, but for anyone a bit older I think this could be a real treat.


Chanel - CC Cream 5ml
This stuff is incredble! It evens skintone both visually and actually. By the time you remove it at night skin looks better than it did in the morning! It also stays put all day with no fading or moving and keeps skin matte and not at all greasy. It looks so perfect after wearing the whole day it almost made me feel bad removing it. The only problem though - the colour! There's only one and that one is a bit too dark for me! Please Chanel - release some more shades of this!

Jouer - Illuminating Moisture Tint 1ml
This stuff is seriously amazing. I have too many tinted moisturisers to be buying any new ones, but for whenever I've finished some up this is at the top of my wishlist!

Urban Decay - All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray 118ml
For all the cans of De-Slick that I've featured in several of my empties posts can you believe I actually bought this bottle of All Nighter before any of those? Me neither, which is why I decided now was the time to finish this once and for all. I like All Nighter, but it's got nothing on De-Slick and I will never re-purchase. It's not bad, it's just De-Slick is the best thing ever (in my opinion).


Byredo - Bibliotheque 295 ml
One of my all-time favourite candles! I'm terrible at describing scents, but according Byredo's website Bibliotheque has top notes of peach and plum, heart notes of violet and peony and with base notes of patchouli, leather and vanilla. If none of that means much to you, all you need to know really is it smells simply divine! It's calming, but still up-lifting. It's warm, but also a bit floral. I will most certainly buy this again - an absolute pleasure to use!


Frederic Malle - Lipstick Rose 2ml
This scent created by Ralf Schwieger smells of rose and violet, with a "backdrop of" musk and vanilla. It's ultra-feminine, but not at all girly and with a bit of mystery. I haven't fallen in love with this scent, at least not like I have with Carnal Flower so I'm still eyeing Carnal Flower over this. Still, this is a very enjoyable scent, by all means.

Laughter - Eau De Toilette 1.5ml
This is a very nice fresh scent with top notes of citrus, bergamot, grapefruit and lime. I have to say I find it quite masculine as well. My personal preference isn't perfumes leaning towards the more masculine, but if you like that I think this is definitely one to have a look at!

Vera Wang - Princess Night Eau De Toilette
Speaking of girly scents - this one is right up my alley! It reminds me a lot of Lancome's La Vie Est Belle - which I own and use a lot. Princess Night also has a definite hint of vanilla. I like Princess Night, but have other perfumes on my wish list I much, much prefer.

Bond No 9 - Hamptons 1.7ml
Bond No 9 samples come in the cutest packaging - wrapped like a piece of candy. Hamptons is a lovely scent. It's fresh, feminine, warm.. It takes my mind straight to beautiful summer days, soft wind blows that feel amazing, loose summer dresses... I am in love with this scent! Hamptons has climbed to the top of my wish list. The next time I'm in London I will definitely make my way to Harrods to pick this one up!


Nuxe - Clarifying Cream-Mask 4ml
This was a very nice clay mask. It cleansed the skin well, but without stripping it. It was good, but I wasn't "blown away". 

Kiehl's - Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Mask 5ml
This sample lasted me two uses and I really enjoyed it. It's a very light grey that goes on very smoothly. It sits comfortably on the skin and after removing it skin is left noticeably "uncongested" and more clear, but still comfortable and not stripped. I'm still not sold, but am definitely impressed.

Nude - Treatment Oil 1.5ml
Loved this. The sachet was only enough for one time use, so I couldn't properly put it to the test, but I liked the effect of that one day I got to use it. It left my usually dehydrated skin very comfortable and moisturised, plump and glowing. Nude isn't available anywhere in Norway, but next time I'm in London this will at least be on my list of possible things to get.

Chanel - Le Weekend De Chanel 1ml
I quite enjoyed 'La Nuit', but this one was horrible. When going to bed with this on I felt my chin starting to itch just the way it does when you feel you're getting a pimple. I told myself it was just the "tingling effect", but sure enough, I had a few blemishes greeting me the following morning. Into the bin went all the other sample sachets I had of this and my interest in this is firmly settled at none at all.


Kiehl's - Vanilla & Cedarwood Skin Softening Body Cleanser and Body Lotion 5ml x 2
This was a gorgeous duo. The scent of this reminds me of Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille, which I love. The cleanser also left skin incredibly smooth with the lotion moisturising incredibly well and leaving skin smooth and comfortable for the entire day. All the while smelling incredible.


And those are my empties for the first month of the new year! Quite an amount - this post took about 6 hours to produce! For this year I've decided to add makeup items as a separate category to count to my tally underneath. This because I want to get a clear picture of just how much makeup I finish in a year. Partly to serve as a clear indicator of how much I am actually de-cluttering versus what I'm buying, but mostly because I'm a curious person that simply find it interesting!

JANUARY TOTAL:
Normal: 9
Deluxe Sample: 11
Sample: 17
Makeup Item: 0
Deluxe Sample Makeup Item: 0
Sample Makeup Item: 2
Jumbo Size: 0

2014 TOTAL:
Normal: 9
Deluxe Sample: 11
Sample: 17
Makeup Item: 0
Deluxe Sample Makeup Item: 0
Sample Makeup Item: 2
Jumbo Size: 0



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Dude, you did an AWESOME job!! I need to take a closer look at byredo but i'm so scared for my wallet lol. That biotherm stuff sounds good, and when Gummy told me about the badescue stuff i was HORRIFIED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm definitely never buying anything from MB again ever! Thank goodness this is the only product from them I've tried! Byredo is amazing, I dare you to smell the Palermo perfume and not take it home lol!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig