2.06.2014

Favourites: January 2014


With New Years and the Holiday Season in December, plus January being my birthday month I decided to put the "using up" project a tad on the back burner and let myself use all of my favourite things for a while. It's been a beautiful two months of makeup. I've got a lot of new favourites and re-discoveries I wanted to share, but I managed to narrow it down to these six items.


Tom Ford - Violet Blonde Eau De Parfum 50ml
This perfume is "dark" and quite heavy without being masculine, in my opinion. It's very sexy, but can still be worn during the day as a statement, somewhat more "appropriately" in winter. Among it's many notes are violet, cedarwood, jasmin, musk and italian mandarin. Whenever I haven't been trying to finish samples I've used this all of January and a lot through December as well.


Burberry - Sheer Eyeshadow in 11 Tea Rose
In both December and January I loved going for an "all-pink" makeup look, including shimmery pink eyeshadow. To tone this down a tad Tea Rose has been perfect to put through the crease. It's a very muted pink with brown tones so it's still a fairly natural shade and that last thing to pull the look together. Add to that the superiority of Burberry shadows and this is an instant favourite of mine.


Chanel - Illusion D'Ombre in 93 Impulsion - click here for review -
I wanted to feature all of the products from the Chanel Spring 2014 Collection that I got at the beginning of the month, but as I've just written reviews on them it would be a tad repetitive and boring. Still, I wanted to feature something as I have been using the products alot. As a sort-of "representative" of the collection I chose this gorgeous pink glittery Illusion D'Ombre beauty!


Burberry - Light Glow 07 Earthy Blush
After hearing raves upon raves on Burberry's Earthy blush I couldn't resist finally trying it and bought one on my London trip back in December. I haven't been able to put it down since. I own Kevyn Aucoin's famous sculpting powder and I do like that, but this trumps that, in my opinion. It gives the most natural, sheer contour. With just a hint of colour it still gives a very sculpted effect - one that can be worn even during the day. For my pale skin this is difficult to pull of, but Earthy does it beautifully. I don't think I could ever be without it after having discovered it.



Cire Trudon - Abd El Kader
Where do I even begin with this.. Abd El Kader is the most amazing, fabulous candle I have ever used and smelled. As much as I love my Diptyque and Byredo candles, none of them have got anything on this particular one. I find Cire Trudon candles in general to be above and beyond any others, in my personal opinion, but this scent in particular puts me in the best frame of mind every. single. time. Magical! This would be featured in every one of my favourites posts if not for it being too repetitive and boring.


Tom Ford - Lip Color in 07 Pink Dusk
My third Tom Ford lipstick. The formula is already my favourite and while I have a stunning bright red and mauve I figured a natural everyday colour would be an excellent next addition to my small but well chosen "collection". I was right. Pink Dusk is gorgeous on, it applies beautifully just like the other two I've got and it's the perfect natural lip for my colouring.

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Ahh the Tom Ford lipstick is absolutely stunning, the packaging is to die for ;)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - gorgeous! It's even more stunning IRL - I love how they catch the light especially.. Will be adding even more to my collection I think! :) x

      Delete
  2. All these products look gorgeous! Love the shade of the Tom Ford lippy!

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. i must have burberry earthy. def one of my next purchases! great favs; so luxe :) xoxo
    - megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it you'll love it!! Thanks! :) xx

      Delete
  4. ahhh i never thought about burberry earthy vs the kevyn aucoin sculpting... you should do a comparison post! And i'm jealous of your cire trudon candle -i've always wanted one! i love TF lipsticks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea for a post actually! Cire Trudon is about as good as candles can get.. You should treat yourself to one, it's expensive but soo worth it :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig