2.13.2014

Review: Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser


The GinZing eye cream has been a long time blogger and youtube favourite. When the news spread last year of a moisturiser with the same name being released it understandably got everyone really excited. And the product didn't seem to disappoint. All over the internet this orange pot of seemingly liquid gold got raves from everyone that tried it. Of course I had to try it for myself.


The Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser comes in a see-through orange round jar with a white plastic screw on cap. Much like it's eye cream sibling. The cream itself is of a gel cream consistency. It's white and smells stunning. The smell is one of the best parts of using this cream. It has a beautiful fresh orange smell. Not the fake kind, but a very realistic "freshly squeezed orange juice" kind. Just smelling it now in order to describe it to you really makes me crave an orange! Applying this in the morning is really refreshing and adds that little extra to the beginning of your day.


The gel cream formula is typically a lighter one and that's true in this case as well. Having said that, my normal/dehydrated skin finds this excellent. It moisturises perfectly - leaving the parts of my face that is dehydrated comfortable and in perfect condition, but also the parts of my face that is more normal feeling just as good. It absorbs very well, spreads across the skin effortlessly and is virtually undetectable on the skin after just a few minutes. It also livens the complexion and helps skin look healthy, well-rested and radiant.


While I would recommend this to anyone I would add a few tweaks for different skin types to make it work best. For those with oily or combination skin I imagine this is perfect as is. For those with dehydrated skin such as myself, I would recommend using this during the day and using a much heavier night cream, that's what I do. That way I get most of my moisture during the night and can use a lighter cream such as this one during the day, which is much more ideal as a base for makeup. I don't have dry skin, but I still imagine this would work well as a day cream for those as well, except for the the absolute driest. I'd recommend layering this on top of a serum with some hydrating properties. I'd still try and make this work because it is such a good base for makeup. The radiance it adds to the skin in combination with it not being greasy at all makes it ideal.


I would absolutely recommend giving this cream a try. It's one I'd imagine be good for most skin types, won't be irritating and certainly won't clog pores or end up giving anyone breakouts. I can't of course guarantee that but I'd deem this one pretty safe. I absolutely love using this, for both the look it gives to my skin, how healthy and clear it keeps it plus that gorgeous fresh smell every morning.

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I haven't yet tried this but it looks great! Would wake up my skin in the mornings

    Jenn www.BarelyThereBeauty.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic in the mornings, the smell especially is deliicious! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try this ever since I loved the night-a-mins one so much! Great review of it! xxx

    Genna at Lipstick Crush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many great things about that one, really want to try it! Thanks! :) xx

      Delete
  3. You make me really want to buy this! *adds it to wishlist* i really need something for my skin!

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he sorry! I think you'll love it though, it's fab! :)

      Delete
  4. I've been lusting after this for ages, it smells absolutely divine! Unfortunately, pocket money doesn't cover the cost:( might have to save up:P such a lovely post!
    Lots of love, Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you start saving now you'll have it just in time for the warmer months! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig