3.10.2014

14 Products I Want To Use Up in 2014
- Update #1


It's time for an update on how I'm doing with my 14 products I want to finish this year! I've actually gotten through 4 products already so I figured that was a nice mark for another post. I'm doing this throughout the whole year so as I've finished four products, I'll be adding four new ones in!


First up are the two primers I've been trying to finish. The Kate Somerville Serum Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ I haven't used much to be completely honest. I think it might have expired and is breaking me out, even though I only bought it last June and it says it has an expiration of 12 months. I'll make sure I use it this month and if it is indeed breaking me out I will throw the rest out, it's really close to being finished anyway. Now for my Shu Uemura Immediate Radiance Skin Perfecting Cream primer - as any of you following me on instagram will know; I'm using this daily. There's not much left, about 1/5 I'd say so I wouldn't be surprised if I finish this off in March!


The Make Up For Ever HD Foundation is completely gone! When mixed with the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation it gave a really nice result, but I'm still happy I've finished the one, even though my YSL is still hanging around. The Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation has about one third left which I'm hoping I'll finish in about a month to a month and a half's time.


These two concealers just don't seem to want to go and I'm using them both every day. The MAC Studio Finish Concealer I'm seeing good progress on though and if the Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer is still around at the end of March I'll be seriously surprised. I'm currently having to bend the tube over to squeeze anything out at all, so any day now!


The Urban Decay Primer Potion mini bottle is the second product I've finished! Turns out there wasn't that much in this which makes keeping it for so long so incredibly silly. My MAC Painterly I'm using everyday and slowly seeing some progress. I love Painterly though, so I don't really mind. The only reason I'm trying to finish it is because it's getting old and I don't want it drying out.


Eyeshadows are notoriously really long to finish and this one, Mac's Omega, is no different. I'm using this as my brow powder on most days, but I've also found it's nice for contouring and taking through the crease when mixed with a cooler toned shadow. I'm a bit bored of Omega and have been using other products the last few weeks. I'm in no absolute rush to finish this, so I've decided to just go back to using it now and then when I feel like it. The point is just to finish it by the end of the year, which I'm not doubting I'll do.


My MAC Peachykeen Blush is slowly showing more and more pan. Blushes take forever for me to finish, especially as I'm so pale and can only use little at a time. I have fallen back in love with this blush though and am using it almost everyday. I'm trying to mix in the use of other blushes now and then so I don't get too sick of this and it's all working very well. I think this might be gone by summer - hopefully!


The third product I finished is my Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder. This is especially exciting as the box is massive and now I've got a lot more space. I must admit I haven't been using the Yves Saint Laurent Semi-Loose Powder, so not much progress on that one. It's been a bit orange to contour with, but as spring is just around the corner hopefully it will be a bit more flattering as I get a tiny bit of a tan. I think part of the problem with this is I can't see how much is left and that is making it less motivating.


The final and fourth product I've finished is the Lancome Color Fever Gloss. Finally! The YSL Golden Gloss I have only used a few times so not much progress on that. I decided to focus on one of the glosses at a time so now I'm onto the Golden Gloss which still has about half way to go.


So here is the roundup of the four products I finished. Below are the four products I've decided to add into the project.


First off I'm adding the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl. I love the product, but I tend to forget about it half the time and I've had it for a while now. It's now permanently placed on the top of my vanity and I'm using it almost every day. I'm also adding another foundation. Another one by Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet. This is also too light for me so it works perfectly when mixed in with the too dark Le Teint Touche Eclat. 


This Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in 630 Velvet Beige used to be one of my favourites. It's a nice "mauvey" brown, but I don't reach for it anymore. There's not too much left so I want to see if I can finish it off. If it's not gone by the end of the year I think I'll throw it out as it's getting old.


I was very unsure about adding an eyeshadow. I tried to finish a cream eyeshadow last year and it left me miserable as it took about six months and I used it pretty much every day for the whole time. I decided to add MAC Romp after all as I really would love to finish up some of my eyeshadows. I have way too many! I am going to try to only use this now and then, and when I want to put a warmer brown through the crease. That way I can still have fun with the makeup I own, not end up creating the same look over and over, but I'll whip this out when I'm feeling uncreative or want this kind of color anyway.


Here are the new 14 Products I Want To Use Up in 2014! It's a nice little roundup and a few are not too far off finishing already. I'll make another update in a few months time, or when I finish three or more products. As the two concealers and the primers are quite close to finishing up I think it will be in not too long - hopefully!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig