3.03.2014

Favourites: February 2014


February has flown by! I've been giving away and throwing away a lot of products, both skincare and makeup. Doing so has left me feeling less guilty about using only my favourite things and in so I've stuck to most of the products you see here. The February weather got very mild very quickly and it looks like winter is over in Norway for this year. The snow has certainly disappeared and it doesn't look like it's coming back. I'm already in a spring mood and ready for the temperature to rise even more! Now if only we would get some sunshine...


Hourglass - Ambient Lighting Powder in 'Diffused Light'
This is my favourite powder of the moment, hands down, and it has been for some time. I find it necessary to set my foundation with powder, but I truly hate an overly matte "flat" finish. This allows me to set my foundation, but keep a natural radiant finish.

Tom Ford - Champaca Absolute Eau De Parfum 50ml
I love my sweeter girly perfumes, but I also love to wear perfumes that are a bit "different" and more interesting. Champaca Absolute is, for me, the perfect mix of the two. It's flirty and floral, but still a bit deep and mysterious.


Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte in 1
I've usually gone for bright or dark coloured lipsticks in the past, but a few months ago I decided I wanted to try and look for a lighter lipstick that would suit me. YSL's Rouge Volupte in the shade 1 was the perfect match. It's a pink nude, not barbie pink, that is perfect with a heavier eye, or a really natural look.


Tom Ford - Eye Color Quad in '01 Golden Mink'
This is my favourite Tom Ford quad. I love to use the bottom left shade all over the lid, with the bottom right shade through the crease to darken when needed. For some extra glam I apply one of the two glitter shades on top.


Aesop - Fabulous Face Oil
This is one of my secret weapons. Whenever I'm getting a few blemishes, feel like skin is congested, is a bit out of balance or simply "doesn't feel quite right" I apply this. I use it only during the night (as it has lavender oil which can sensitize the skin when used in combination with daylight) and always wake up to well balanced and radiant skin.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Gorgeous favourites! I really want to try some TF lipsticks

    The Jewel Beauty Blog - A friendly Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    NEW POST - NEOM Complete Bliss Bath & Shower Oil Review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom Ford lipsticks are one of my absolute favourites! You must try them! :)

      Delete
  2. Those are some gorgeous favourites! One day I'll also welcome my very first Tom Ford quad - I just can't find a valig reason to buy any new palettes these days.. Budget or high brow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he I know what you mean, I have way too many eyeshadows as well! Tom Ford isn't available where I live so I usually pick a few things when I'm travelling :) A fair warning though; once you've dipped your toes into TF there's no going back lol you'll "need" all of it he he it's that good! :)

      Delete
  3. I am seriously jealous of your makeup collection! Everything here is just perfect :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he thank you :) I've been very picky about what I buy the last 1-2 years so I'm starting to really love it too he he :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig