3.18.2014

Review: Aesop Remove


Being an Aesop fan I will be the first to admit that part of the attraction comes from the beautiful aesthetics of the products and the stores. Whilst being continually impressed with the products I try, is the biggest encouragement to try even more, I'll be honest and say that the thought of having my bathroom decked out in countless Aesop "apothecary" bottles is also quite appealing. Therefore I decided to venture on and try their eye make-up remover as well.


Whilst on the topic of packaging, the "Remove" comes in the typical Aesop brown glass with the cream and white sticker on the front explaining what's inside. The bottle is rather small, very cute and holds 100ml. It has a black twist-off cap and a stopper to help manage the amount that comes out when tipping the bottle over. I find this stops a bit too much product, and it takes a short moment to get the desired amount onto the cotton pad.


Packaging aside the product is a concoction of Vitis Vinfera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopherol and Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil. It barely has any scent, whatever faint one I guess is just how the oils smell naturally.


The remover is on the oilier side. It's not the thickest oil I've come across, but it does leave somewhat of a residue. This is fine when my next stop is washing my face anyway, but for after washing my face, when sometimes it's obvious you didn't remove all the mascara after all - then I don't want an oily residue around my eyes because it will stay there. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, the oils in it are probably nutritious and good to keep on there. It's down to personal preference, and so for touch-ups I certainly prefer my Bioderma.


Now for what really matters; does it remove mascara efficiently? Well.. Not really. I'm sad to say that this is the first Aesop product I've tried that's left me rather... underwhelmed. It's by no standard a bad product, but it's not great either. It removes most of my mascara, but it takes a bit of effort and a bit of work. It's right in the middle, absolutely average. It does look rather nice though..


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig