4.07.2014

Empties: March 2014 Part 2


And now, before it gets too far into April, the second part of my empties all from the month of March.


Lancome - Tonique Eclat Clarifying Exfoliating Toner 400ml
This is just way too harsh for my skin. I tried using it up by applying some to a pad and going over any blemishes and similar, but this bottle is huge and I'm just bored with looking at it. Will not be buying again.

Institut Esthederm - Cellular Water Energizing Spray 100ml - review -
I've really loved using this as a treat for the skin after removing makeup. When I get around to removing my makeup earlier in the evening and still have a few hours before doing my evening skincare routine to get ready for bed, then I will spray this across my face. It soothes the skin and makes it feel wonderful. I don't see myself buying this again though. This because the way I used it ended up being a very nice way to use it up, but it's a bit too expensive to buy for this purpose, I think.

Shiseido - Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Balancing Softener 25ml
I love this toner. It's incredibly soothing, balances the skin, "softens" the skin and absolutely doesn't strip it. It's quite expensive, and I still prefer the Aesop Parsley Seed Toner to this, but I still deem it a nice choice. Not one I will be buying, but it's nice.

Caudalie - Grape Water 75ml
I used this as a toner in the evenings. It's nice enough, nothing special. Won't be buying it.

Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins - Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Treatment Lotion 200ml - review -
I finally finished this bottle. I decided to after realising I've had it for quite some time. This has been lovely. I bought it initially to use whenever skin was feeling especially sensitive and irritated and it worked wonders. My skin is less sensitive these days so instead I've now used this after doing face masks.


Caudalie - Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid 3ml
Honestly I don't remember much about this, but I think I would have remembered it had it been horrible so I guess at least it's ok.

Shiseido - Urban Environment UV Protection Cream Plus SPF 50 15ml
This is an ok sunscreen, but I much prefer my Kiehl's.

Yves Saint Laurent - Eye Make-Up Remover Bi-Phase 30ml
This stuff is amazing! I think this must be the most efficient eye makeup remover I've ever used! It takes of everything, and super quickly! I have a few samples and full size eye makeup removers hanging around, but I definitely see myself buying this when I find myself needing to actually buy one.

La Prairie - Advanced Marine Biology Revitalizing Emulsion 15ml
This was fantastic! I wasn't expecting much, but this really blew me away. It moisturises my really dehydrated skin really well, but it feels light on the skin and doesn't leave any residue or make skin look greasy. Worked very well under makeup. I am considering buying this.


Dermalogica - Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque 75ml - review
This is a really great mask. It's gives the skin a bit of a "boost" while at the same time evening the skin tone. I've had this for aages so I'm really bored of it, but I wouldn't mind getting this again sometime in the future.

Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins - Mega-Mushroom Skin-Calming Face Mask 100ml - review
This was really nice back when my skin was really sensitive. My skin is much better now and so I've constantly found myself reaching for other masks than this as my skin wasn't really in need for it. It's almost empty, but I've decided to throw the rest away as it's passed it's expiry date.

Origins - Drink Up 75ml
This hydrating mask was a total fail for me. No matter how long I left it on it barely did anything for my skin, except make it break out. Horrible, will never buy or try again.


Clarins - Smoothing Body Scrub For a New Skin 75ml
This is a very nice scrub. It's pink with very small, but very gritty exfoliators.

Korres - Guava Showergel 250ml
This smells amazing! I was really excited to use Korres shower gels, but to my surprise they contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate's which my skin doesn't like, so I won't be buying again.

Guerlain - Super Aqua-Body Body Serum Optimum Hydration Revitalizer 30ml
This is nice enough, but nothing special. Especially not for the price.

Kerastase - Nectar Thermique 150ml - click here for reviewThis stuff is absolutely amazing. It also lasts for absolute ages as you need only the tiniest bit.

Shiseido - Facial Cotton 60 Sheets
Love these, won't use anything else anymore. If you're on a budget, don't try these as when you have it's really hard to use anything else!


Helena Rubinstein - Lash Queen Sexy Blacks in #01 Scandalous Black 6.9ml - review -
I adore this mascara! It gives a bit of everything, length, curl and volume. It also never dried out and I'm simply getting rid of it because I've been using it for a bit more than 3 months. 

Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Foundation in 4.5 30ml - review -
My favourite foundation, holy grail if you will. This is a perfect colour match to my skin, gives the most beautiful finish, lasts all day and doesn't irritate my skin in any way. I'm onto my backup. 

Urban Decay - De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray 30ml
I've kind of featured this before, I've used the empty bottle to re-fill from my bigger one. I've decided to toss this and get another small bottle as I felt it was getting a bit too dirty with all the foundation smudges on the white packaging. White wasn't the best idea perhaps! 


Yves Saint Laurent -  Effet Faux Cils Babydoll 2ml
Love this mascara for when I want really dramatic lashes. Babydoll packs on the length and volume. It's also near impossible to get off.

Dior - Diorshow Mascara 4ml
This is nice for a more natural "fluttery lashes" look.

Loreal - Khol Black 131 Noir Intense Jet Black
This just ends up everywhere on me so I've decided to give up on it.



Byredo - Flowerhead Eau De Parfum 1ml
This was a really lovely scent that I really enjoyed testing. I just didn't fall in love with it. For now I still prefer Byredo's Palermo scent.

Roberto Cavalli - Eau De Parfum 1.2ml x5
This is really, really delicious. It smells very reminiscent of scents such as the Estee Lauder Bronze Godess series that smells like the beach, coconut and sunscreen.

Prada - Candy Eau De Parfum
I love the Prada Candy perfume. It's a gourmand fragrance, and I already have one in the Lancome La Vie Est Belle so I won't be getting Candy anytime soon, but I might at some point in the future.  



NUXE - Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil Face Body Hair 4ml x 2
This stuff smells divine, and feels absolutely gorgeous on the skin. I will definitely be buying this! 

Caudalie - Divine Oil 3ml
Very similar in feel to the Nuxe, a bit more floral scented, I think. I already own the full size of this and love love love it.

Aesop - Parsley Seed Cleansing Mask 2.5ml x 2
I've been through a few samples of this mask already and absolutely love it. I finally decided to get the full size this past saturday which I'm very excited about! 

Aesop - Sage & Zinc Facial Hydrating Cream SPF 15 1ml
I've tried most Aesop moisturisers now, and while the brand has quite a few of my absolute favourite skincare products, I just can't seem to get on with any of their moisturisers, except for the Parsley Seed one which I'm considering getting. 



In addition to those this I've given away two batches of products this month. I wrote down a list of the first one so that I could feature the amount here, but I can't find it. If I find it, I'll feature it then, if not then oh well. The second "batch" is what you see in the picture above and inside this box are 24 makeup items. It was really hard for me to give some of it away, but I realised that I would just never get around to using them before they go bad. Especially as while I do like most of these, I have other things that I love and I'd rather spend the next year using those, rather than put them aside for a year to use things I just like.

 
Now for the monthly "tally", first for just part two and then I'll add it all together.

MARCH TOTAL PART 2:
Normal: 8
Deluxe Sample: 7
Sample: 14
Makeup Item: 4 + 24 = 28
Deluxe Sample Makeup Item: 2
Sample Makeup Item: 0
Nail polish: 0
Mini nail polish: 0
Jumbo Size: 1

MARCH TOTAL:
Normal: 12 + 8 = 20
Deluxe Sample: 6 + 7 = 13
Sample: 6 + 14 = 20
Makeup Item: 12 + 28 = 40
Deluxe Sample Makeup Item: 4 + 2 = 6
Sample Makeup Item: 0
Nail polish: 0
Mini nail polish: 0
Jumbo Size: 2 + 1 = 3
2014 TOTAL:
Nail polish: 0
Mini nail polish: 1

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Love this post ! Youve gone through such good products here .

    www.itsflashyfash.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I've been clearing out a lot :)

      Delete
  2. dude you are insane!! Good job! :) I did not like that origins mask either and the intensive overnight version wasn't much better. and wow good job giving away so much! I never keep track of what i give away but maybe i should start lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he thank you! I really like keeping track of what I finish as it's fun to look at at the end of the year plus I find it motivating! :) Yeah that Origins mask was so disappointing - especially considering all the hype around it! I've ordered the Antipodes Manuka Honey Mask to replace it hopefully that does live up to it's hype :) x

      Delete
  3. I love Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque too. It's mild but yet effect. Your skin will be glowing after the first use. Try it out at 25% off. Use code 25best at http://www.skin-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig