4.09.2014

Review: Philip Kingsley Elasticizer


That really is the famed Elasticizer in the pictures, I guess they just forgot to put a label on it. None-the-less it's a nice enough white jar full of heavenly goodness for your hair. You've probably heard about this one before, but here's my take on it.


Like so many of you, I too have heard this mask being constantly raved about in the beauty community, but it wasn't until I heard it was specially made for the fabulous Audrey Hepburn my interest in trying it really sparked. I made the order through favourite online store Feelunique about a year ago and have been using it on and off since.

When I bought this I was already well into my obsession with the Macadamia Deep Repair Mask. I would switch it out for this one occasionally and while this was ok, I was never that overly impressed by it. Especially considering all the crazy raves about this being the best thing ever.


It wasn't until I finished the last 500 ml Macadamia Mask not too long ago, and switched onto this only that I finally saw it's magic powers. Now this is something I've found to be true of many hair masks. With the Macadamia Mask I also initially wasn't that impressed, not until I started using it consecutively. Having said that, it could also be that my hair has simply changed and is now in need of exactly what's in this mask.


Mostly though, I think it's down to me using it as an actual hair mask. I shampoo, rinse, towel dry my hair, apply this and leave it on for a few hours before washing it out. I did this before as well, but I also used it as advertised; as a pre-shampoo treatment. Let me tell you, while it's ok to use that way, you really want to be using it as a mask. It works about a million times better as a mask.
I also need to mention the consistency of this. It's white and creamy, much like a simple face moisturiser, but the feel is quite interesting. It's quite elastic.. hence the name I suppose. It's fragrance free and really doesn't have a scent which is a tad boring, but I really don't mind. The best thing about the mask is that while it's a very intense and deeply nourishing mask, after you rinse it out and dry your hair it's not weighed down. The hair is silky smooth and weightless, letting my hair have some much needed volume.


I've just about finished the jar of this and don't see myself re-purchasing any time soon. I might at some point in the future as I did really end up liking it, but I have other masks I really want to try. If not for that I would've probably gotten another one. The most extraordinary thing for me is that it leaves hair weightless after using it. I've always had to compromise on volume if I wanted to properly treat my hair, but not with this one. It's for that reason I just might get another tub of this after all. We'll see.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig