8.13.2014

Collab: 5 Current Skincare Favourites with Megan



Me and my friend Megan over at MegsMakeup8 decided we wanted to do a collaboration post/video. We decided I would do a post on the blog, and she would make a video about our five current skincare favourites. I want to stress current and the point that this is just 5 of a lot more. This especially as I will admit having quite a problem choosing just five products. Anyone that's followed my blog for a while knows I'm quite skincare obsessed, and just now looking at this post there's so many products I can't believe I didn't include. None the less - these are indeed five of my current skincare must-haves! One thing they all have in common are that I will re-purchase (some of them for the third or forth time) when they finish - probably even way in advance!

I've mentioned Megan's channel before - she does a lot of decluttering, project pans and downsizing projects - all things I love. She has one of my favourite channels on youtube and is very good at uploading very frequently. She's also always very honest, real and just all around lovely. If you haven't checked out her channel yet - then do so here. To check out her 5 Current Skincare Favourites go here! I'm writing this in advance as I will be in Rome when you are reading this so hopefully the link works, if not just ckick through to her channel and find the video from there! Now for my current skincare favourites!

REN Rosa Centifolia No 1 Purity Cleansing Balm ( review - here )
As much as I loved the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm this has now become my favourite. They are both just as nice as each other in terms of the actual product - REN's version wins on the fact that it's in a tube. It's just so nice not having to dip your finger inside the tub every evening - and sometimes those small things will be the deal breaker. At least between two amazing products. Besides the comparison though, this is an absolutely fantastic cleansing balm that can be used morning and evening, but is especially great for a deep cleanse at night. It removes every last trace of anything unwanted, yet doesn't strip the skin. If your not using a cleansing balm yet - try this!

Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Facial Toner ( review - here )
This is just absolutely wonderful. It's a thicker toner than most, and it's packed full of anti-oxidants and nutrition. There's nothing like applying a thick layer of this all over my face with a cotton pad and letting it slowly absorb. It makes skin feel and look absolutely wonderful. Plus it smells fantastic!

LING Hi-Vitamin C 12% Anti-Oxidant Brightening Solutionreview - here )
For all the Vitamin C serums I've tried and used - this is way, way up there. This not only brings all the good stuff you get from a vitamin C serum - and does so better than any other of it's kind I've used - it also clears up any breakouts and calms down those considering "coming through". This clears skin right up, makes skin tone even, gives a glow and radiance like nothing else and is packed full of anti-oxidants. It doesn't get much better!

Omorovicza Balancing Moisturiser ( review - here )
This is the newest of all of these products, but it's so good I simply had to include it. This keeps my dehydrated skin hydrated and comfortable all day, yet keeps skin from getting oily or shiny. I've never encountered a moisturiser where I wouldn't have to give up one for the other - but this I guess is just pure magic!

Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster ( review - here )
Since buying this the Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster has been my secret weapon. I'm adamant about using my daily SPF 50 to protect my skin from all kinds of unwanted things, which means I sacrifice on the golden glowing tan front. Not anymore. I mix this in with my moisturiser, wait a bit for it to absorb and then apply my SPF on top. I now get to get a nice tan, all the time, but without the unwanted sun exposure. I'll have that cake and eat it as well, thank you very much!

So there you have it - five of my current skincare obsessions! This was a really fun post to do and I'm considering doing more like this so let me know if you enjoyed reading it! For now I hope that as this goes up I'm sitting at some beautiful sidewalk cafe enjoying Rome with a glass of crisp Prosecco and delicious salty Focaccia!


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. hey ellie! i love the products you picked :)) i've been intrigued by that clarins tanner ever since i read your review of it months ago! maybe next year i'll have to give it a try :) i need to give in and try some aesop products. the parsley seed line seems like something everyone loves. thanks again for doing this collab with me :)))) xoxo, megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clarins tanner is definitely a must - one of those things that after you start using it you can't understand how you managed without lol! The Parsley Seed range is seriously amazing - everything I've tried I've loved! I'm going to be trying the serum next, I'm sure it will be amazing! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig