1.05.2015

Pan That Palette 2015









I was very unsure if I was going to do this challenge or not, but in the end decided to jump on the bandwagon after all. I've not chosen the Lorac Pro palette, because I don't own it nor is it available here, and I've not really chosen a palette, but a 5 Colour Eyeshadow "Palette". More particularly 'Grege' by Dior, one of my all-time favourites.



For those of you not familiar with 'Pan that Palette' it was a very ambitious project started by the youtuber 'Amber F' at the beginning of 2014. She decided to pan the entire Naked palette - see her first video here and her finale here. Needless to say a lot of people found this project very inspiring and wanted to do a pan that palette for 2015 and decided to pan the Lorac Pro. I have decided to go a slightly different route.



The palette I'm panning is the Dior 5 Colour Eyeshadows in 734 'Grege' ( my review here ). It's one of my all-time favourite little 'palettes' and while I'm not really in a hurry to finish it it does have an expiration date of 6 months and I've had it for a few years. I don't really think this expiration date is too legit as it's a powder product first of all, and second the shadows seem fine. Still, I'd like to finish it off before it does perhaps go bad. Plus it would be kind of awesome to actually finish of a little palette, for once.



The palette has a total of 6 grams of products. The Lorac Pro actually has 8 (according to a few youtubers) which means I'm not actually going for too much less. However, I have used a fair bit of a few of the shades here, so I'm probably looking at around 4 g still - but that's of course just guess work.



Grege consists of a lot of easily wearable shades which is why I think I won't have too much difficulty finishing it by the end of the year. The darker shades are as usual the ones with the least love, though I've used them more than it looks, you just need very little.



This post is mostly to post a few pictures to give you an idea of my starting point. I'll try to do updates every quarter, so 4 times, unless I feel there is a reason do to more. If you like these types of challenges I urge you to go on to youtube and check out the little 'project pan community' as there are a lot of fun challenges going around. There's also a lot of people doing pan that palette, so if you want to follow more projects check those out as well. Finally, if you decide to do this please let me know as I'd love to follow your progress - and good luck!



SHARE:

6 comments

  1. oh, i hadn't seen this challenge yet! good for you for committing to it. I don't know if I've ever even used a palette this much. Maybe that chanel smokey eyes quad i had in college, that i ended up losing :( I think it would be great to do a challenge like this, but i'm quite scared to commit lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he yeah I was on the fence for the longest time, but decided to just see it as more of a fun challenge and do it that way. It's not the end of the world if I don't succeed, but it might be fun to try, and amazing if I finish it on time! :D If nothing else I'll make a big dent (hopefully) lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! That would be great!! :) Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'll need it, he he! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need a challenge like this to get me to use up some of my makeup! A very inspiring article :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Yeah I really hope this way I'll actually go through a palette, I would never otherwise! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig