9.26.2015

Pan That Palette: Update #2



First of all, yes this is really only the second update. I was so surprised when I realised I've only updated once before this year, but at least I'm getting around to it now. So without further ado, let's see how I've done since last time.





(If you want to check out my last two posts to compare the progress you can do so here; First postSecond post.)

So. Not too shabby, but also not too well. I did the stupidest thing in my last update - said that this wasn't too hard and I didn't think I'd get bored of it. No surprise, two weeks after I was burnt out on the palette and decided I needed to take a break from it to not drive myself crazy. After all, makeup is supposed to be fun so why make applying it feel like a job. I also finally started being a bit more adventurous with eyeshadows over the summer, which is something I've wanted to be, but couldn't quite get into for a long time. Finally getting to a place when I was really having a lot of fun using so much of my different eyeshadows I wanted to just keep at it and not bother myself with using this up. So that's why I haven't finished anything yet, and why there isn't that much progress since last time.



However, the last few weeks I've been on a bit of a kick to use this up again and while I won't jinx myself again, I do feel like I can stick to it this time. This as the brown top left shade is showing a lot of pan and so I think seeing the pan grow will be quite motivational. The white shade I've been continuing to use as a inner corner highlight, but as this won't finish it up by the end of the year I've also been using it as a face highlighter. It works pretty well like this as well, so hopefully I'll start seeing some more progress using it like that.



The bottom two shades are more of an issue. I have kind of given up on them. The bottom right blue one I've already said I'm not going to use up as it's just not flattering on me at all. The purple one I used to love, but when I went to use it last week it really clashed with my skintone. I'll try it again when the fall really hits here as it might feel more appropriate with an overall more fall look, but if I hate it as much as I did last time I used it I think I'm gonna have to pass on it as well. I just don't see the point in applying makeup to make myself feel like I look ugly, and for months on end as well as it takes ages to finish an eyeshadow.



The middle shade I feel like I should be able to use up as there is so much pan showing. This is another one I used to love, but find doesn't work for me anymore. I used to find myself being able to wear both cool and warmer toned makeup, but I'm starting to think I've somehow changed to having only warmer tones suit me. That or I just didn't see it before. Either way, this is cool toned and so I find it isn't flattering anymore as an all-over lid colour, which is how I used to apply it. I'm thinking I'll try using it as a blending colour or lid highlight when I start using more purple tones for fall, and hopefully I'll be able to use it up that way. There's so little left I just might be able to finish it using it as only a tiny bit of my eyeshadow looks.

To round up this update I'll say I am not at all happy with my progress so far into the year, but I'm happy I got to play around with my makeup this summer and really enjoy my collection, so I'm not to bothered by it either. I am going to try and really make an effort the last few months to make as big a dent as possible. Hopefully I'll finish some of the shadows. I'll say I'm aiming to finish the top three shades, and am not too bothered by the bottom two. I might do more regular updates the last few months just to keep myself accountable, plus I think the project will be more fun that way. Finally, do let me know if you are doing a project like this cause I would love to read your posts or watch your videos!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig