11.22.2015

Pan That Palette 2015: Update #3



I did my last update on this project at the end of September, so I figured now was a good time to do another update, especially as we're getting close to the end of the year. I've also got some very exciting progress to show you!



(If you haven't read the previous posts in this 'series', or if you want to compare my progress to where I was last time, you can do so here; First postSecond post. Third post. )

Ta-da! As you can see I've actually finished one of the shadows. Completely! It's the top left brown shade that I've used pretty much consistently as my crease shade since spring. It's crazy how long it takes to use up an eyeshadow. To be fair I did use other eyeshadows here and there through summer, but since September this has been my only go-to.

So there it is, below, all gone! Now that's gone I'll finally get to use some other mid-tone browns in my collection, which I am of course quite excited about.



 I've made quite a nice amount of progress on the white shade as well. I'm using it everyday as my inner corner highlight, but also as a face highlight. As only my inner corner highlight it would take probably three more years to get through. It's a bit too white for my liking to use as a face highlight, but blended well with my bronzer and blush it does work out quite well. I haven't been flying through this as I thought I would since using it also as a face highlighter, but when looking at the pictures from my last update I was quite happy with the progress after all. I'm not entirely sure I'll have it done by the end of the year, but I think I could possibly if I stick to using it everyday.







The middle shade I haven't used at all since last time. This as it's a cooler toned shade and I was going with a more warm toned look. This both cause I was using the brown from this palette, which is very warm, and also my Chanel blush in my use-it-up project is warm toned. Now that the brown shade is done, however, I've planned on finding a way to use this up. It was, once upon a time, one of my favourite shades, but somewhere between then and now, it stopped working for me. I've not got too much left so I'm determined to find a way to make it work and finish it, hopefully by the end of the year, though that might be a tad optimistic.



Finally the bottom left deeper brown I've finally started using. This shade looks quite purple in the pan, which is why I haven't felt like it would go with anything. I did try using it to deepen out the "outer V" one time and realised it's not all that purple when you actually apply it. From just using it like that since last time I've actually made quite a dent. I'm quite annoyed I didn't think to just try using it before, but at least I've started using it now. There's no way I'll finish this by the end of the year, but my goal is to try and at least hit pan. The grey-blue bottom right shadow I'm still not going to use, that one I have really tried to make work, and it just doesn't.

So there's that. My second to last update before the end of the year. I'm tempted to round this post up with a bit of a review of my progress so far etc, but I think I'll save it for my next and last post, as it's in just one month. If I say it all now, I won't have anything to say then. For now just wish me luck, I guess, and we'll see how far I'll manage to get by the end of December.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig