11.29.2015

Use it Up: Update #8


I did kind of just update this project, but I've made a decent amount of progress and finished some products so I figured it'd be fun to do an update. Also, most of the people that project pan on youtube do at least a monthly update, so I guess once a month one the blog isn't too crazy either. Especially these days as I've been super into using stuff up, and basically using nothing but these products and my palette in my pan that palette challenge. Anyway, let's get this post going!

First of all, if you want to read previous posts in this "series" or compare my progress here to my previous posts, you can go to those posts here;

First post . Update #1 . Update #2 . Update #3 . Update #4 . Update #5 . Update #6 . Update #7 .

Now for this post, and look at all that pan! I'll get into the products individually now, and then at the end I'll have a bit of an update for you on how I've changed my mind on wether or not I want to be continuing this for next year, and why.

As usual let's just get these two out of the way. Mac Omega I haven't used, but MAC Romp I have started using again. I finished the medium brown shade in my Dior palette in my pan that palette challenge, and so I've been using this again through my crease. I've only just started using it so you can't see much progress, but I'm hoping I'll have some actual progress to show you by the next update, finally. My goal is to have cleared the upper half where there is the least product by next time.

Now for these two base products; I've finished both! I'm really trying to focus on using up my foundations and bb creams etc and haven't bought a new one for a long time, so this is really exciting. There wasn't much left in my Armani Designer Lift Foundation when I added it last time, but I have been working on it for a while outside of this project, so it was really exciting to finally finish it anyway. I'm a bit sad as I love the foundation, but as I'm really trying to par down my foundation stash I'm very happy I used it all up before it went bad.

The Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer I adore as well, but as I've now finished that I'm actually down to one full and one half full primer and then just some samples. I am beyond excited. I really noticed a difference in my skin when I downsized a lot of old base products a few years back, and so am very aware of the importance of not hoarding this stuff. I'm now working on finishing my Sensai primer (but not as part of this project, explanation at the end) and then I'll just have my Chanel Le Blanc Primer left which is amazing.

The La Mer The Powder was probably not the best to add to this type of challenge, but as I am using it everyday, and I would like to use it up, I still want to see how much progress I am making on it. That's why I put it in the project, but the problem with it is that it's almost impossible to tell how much is left. Where I thought it was last time, it's also this time and I've been using it everyday for over a month since, so that can't be right. I think the problem might be it's too full and so the loose powder falls different places and it's just impossible to tell for now. I am hoping that as I use up a bit more it will be easier to tell and perhaps I'll even start making marks. For now I won't though, as each time I tilt it over as in the picture to try and see where the line is, it's different to where it was just 10 seconds earlier. My progress report then will just be that I've used it every time I've done my makeup, which is at least five times a week, and so I know there's less, even though it doesn't look like it!

I've been using my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage everyday and it's showing! I use the right side as an undereye corrector and the left side as my face concealer. As I only dab my finger in and dab it on to correct the right side is moving a bit slower, but I'm hoping that by next time I'll have hit pan at least. I've been going for perfect skin and so am using more than I would've bothered with on the left side usually. All to get through this though. My goal for next update is to have cleared out the right side on the concealer where there is the most pan completely, at least on the bottom. It takes a bit of time to use what's left along the sides in the morning, so I'm thinking I'll leave that there until the end and then move what's around the edges to the middle. I just think that'll be a lot easier and I'll go through it faster as well.

Now for my 'monster product'; the Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Espiegle. This is a baked blush and so it has taken absolutely ages to get through. I am FINALLY seeing some good progress though. I hit real pan for the first time in my last update, and since then I've seen so much progress. I would love to have cleared out the whole top half by the next update, that would be amazing.

Finally I have my lip products. Two still going and one finished. Let's start with the finished item, which is the Dior Addict Crystal Gloss in 037. This is completely used up, except for a bit on the bottom which I just can't get to. This is a really nice gloss, but as gloss is another item I am really trying to have as few as possible of on rotation, I am super excited to be one more down.

The Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil in 2C Rosewood I've been  making good progress on as well. In the last update I wasn't even at where it says 'Make Up For Ever' and now I'm already at 'Up'. My goal is to by the next update be down where it says 'Aqua Lip'.

Finally I have my Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Protector in 05 Candy Shimmer. It's impossible to see how much I've used of this, but I've been using it at least once a day so I've made some good progress I'm sure. I want to try and squeeze it so that I can see how far down/up the product is, but there's a bit of air trapped inside at the moment so any squeezing just makes product come out straight away. Hopefully by next time I'll be able to tell the progress on this, if I haven't finished it of course, which would be even better.

So here are the three products I've used up. This time I have decided not to add any new products to the project, and I'll tell you why.

While this project has been a lot of fun and I definitely want to keep focusing on using stuff up next year as well, I've decided not to do it the same way I've done this. I've found that as I never actually "finish" the project, and just keep adding new ones all the time, I never get to feel the satisfaction of ending a project pan and then taking a few weeks off at least, before starting another one. So that's basically what I want to do next year. I want to do project pans instead, either with time limits or a certain amount of products I want to use up. This means that I will finish this project officially by the end of this year, but if I've got items that still have some left, I might add it to the project pan I start next year. When that will be, I'm not sure. In the spirit of the whole "few weeks break" thing I might take January off of using the same makeup all the time, and then start one after that. Either way, I'll start one at some point, that's all I really know.

The main focus will be on using up base products - meaning primers, foundations/tinted moisturisers, concealers etc. as those are the products I feel go bad and really can affect my skin badly if they hang around too long. Also lipsticks and lip glosses. I'll probably steer clear of anymore eyeshadows or blushes, if I do add them I think I'll have a goal of hitting a bit of pan or something like that instead, using the whole thing up is just so time-consuming and really makes applying makeup pretty boring, pretty fast. Which is just so silly to do when I have all this amazing makeup just sitting around.

So there's my little explanation. I hope you all understand. I have a few more things to say about how the whole project has gone and things like that, but I'll save that until my next and last update.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig