1.03.2016

Empties: December 2015



First of all you'll have to excuse the poor pictures. I've left my camera at my parents house and so had to make use of my iphone camera, which isn't the best. I figured this wasn't the post where anything looks all that pretty anyway, and you don't need to see things that clearly, so it was the best post to do in this situation. Pictures aside this is also the last empties post for 2015. I really focused in on products that were half empty the past month and managed to finish up quite a lot. I've also kicked ass on finishing up quite a few sachet samples. Some products I couldn't quite finish in time, but they'll be finished in January instead, so will at least set me up for a good start on 2016. Now let's see if I was able to beat last years numbers!



Biotherm Lait Corporel Anti-Drying Body Milk 400ml ( here )
Love this stuff. I've been through countless bottles both this year and years before. I'll always keep re-purchasing.

Vaseline Intensive Care Extra Strength Body Lotion 400ml ( can't find it online )
This is very nice if you are on a budget. It doesn't absorb as quickly as the Biotherm, but considering how cheap this is I can't complain. I much prefer the Biotherm, but this is pretty good - it moisturises pretty well whilst still being a lighter lotion compared to body butters and such.

Balm Balm Base Oil Rosehip 100ml ( here )
I bought this when I was running out of my favourite Rosehip Oil by Fushi and it was out of stock at Feelunique. This is an ok oil, but I much prefer others and much much prefer the Fushi Rosehip Oil. I won't buy this again and don't really recommend it. I didn't notice it doing much of anything for my skin. It moisturised a bit, sure, but nothing more than that, and not that well either.

Caudalie Vine Body Butter 225ml ( here )
This is one of my favourite body butters. It has a light whipped texture and absorbs really quickly, but still is super moisturising leaving skin soft and comfortable. It also has a delicious fresh lemon scent!



Biotherm Lait de Douche Cleansing Shower Milk 75ml ( here )
This is a lovely shower gel. It's a shower cream to be specific, so it's very gentle on the skin, perfect if you have skin that is dry. It smells gorgeous as well, kind of chocolate orange like!

Cowshed Knackered Cow Relaxing Shower Scrub 100ml ( here )
This smells incredible as well! And that's pretty much all that it's go going for it. The scrub is incredibly gentle, with the granules being few and far between. Perhaps fine if you love a gentle scrub, or want to use something that scrubs a bit everyday. Personally I prefer a more full on harsh scrub to use 1-2 times a week, so for that reason I won't buy the full-size of this. I might check out some of the other products with this scent though, it's wonderfully soothing.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Body Wash 250ml ( here )
I've talked about this before. I love the "green" scent of this, it's also a nice body wash and I do feel like it keeps the skin on my back and chest in good condition.

Soap & Glory Clean on Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel 500ml ( here )
This is really nice. I've been through a few large bottles of this before, and have always enjoyed it. It's a creamier body wash that is nice and gentle on the skin with a nice scent as well, the typical "Soap & Glory scent" for those of you familiar with their products. The pump on this broke early on which was really annoying.



Soap & Glory Endless Glove 2-in-1 Moisture Mask & Hand Cream 125ml ( here )
This is my favourite overnight hand cream. It moisturises really well and keeps treating my hands the whole night through. When I'm not using this I can tell instantly as my hands get much drier. It also smells really nice and fresh.

Sephora Deodorant Spray 10ml ( can't find it online )
This is super handy for travelling and I already have another one. I don't like the smell, it's very manly, but I'll keep using it for travel as there's nothing else like it. Hopefully they'll release this in another scent.

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Moisturising Stick with Honey and Sunflower 4g ( here )
This smells really good - sweet and lemony. It has the same scent as the lip butter for those familiar with that. I much prefer the lip butter to this. It's ok, but it doesn't do much for the lips after it's absorbed, like most lip balms in stick form. At the moment I'll have to say the Caudalie Lip Balm is my favourite stick form lip balm.

Elizabeth Arden Fragrance Free Eight Hour Cream 30ml ( here )
A classic. I love using this balm on really dry skin, around my nose when I'm sick or even my lips if they are really really dry. This has gone off a bit, I don't use it all the time and I need very little, so I'm tossing what's left (it smells really bad). I've got some balms to use still, but once I've finished those I'll definitely buy this again. I just love having it on hand. It makes such a difference when my skin really needs it.

OPI Nail Lacquer in Samoan Sand 15ml ( here )
I've realised I need to be a bit more "harsh" with downsizing in terms of my nail polishes. I've been on a no-buy for almost two years and have been rotating through the polishes I have. I've used them all once and am now on my second go-round. This has made me realise I need start getting rid of some if I'm ever going to get through them. This is a lovely colour, but it's very old and smells really strongly of chemicals and gives me a bit of a headache when I apply it so I'm letting it go.

Aesop Resurrection Rinse-Free Hand Wash 50ml ( here )
This smells so good! Like baked goods and raisins. It's also a decent anti-bacterial wash that is less harsh on my hands than a lot of others. I've got another one I'm using now.




Bumble and bumble BB Thickening Hairspray 250ml ( here )
I've been trying to go through my hair styling products this year, but wow it takes forever to use up! And I've got a lot of long hair! I finally did finish this one item though. It was quite nice. It does seem to give my hair a bit of extra volume, but nothing absolutely major so I'm not sure if I would buy it again. Not for a long time either way as I've got the fore mentioned heaps of styling products I'm trying to go through.

Kanebo Sensai Shidenkai Hair Loss Treatment for Women 10ml ( here )
I don't have any hair-loss problems, thank god, but I do have a few samples of this I figured I could always give a try. I haven't used it consecutively enough to give a proper review, but I do find that when I use it my scalp gets a lot more oily, a lot quicker than usual. I guess that perhaps could be good for the scalp and contribute to hair growing faster? I don't know. I'd recommend this if you've got a dry scalp though!

Kanebo Sensai Shidenkai Volumising Shampoo & Conditioner 12ml x 2 ( here  & here )
I've got a few duo sachets of this that I've used when I've travelled before, these two I used at my parents house over christmas. It's ok, nothing special. I don't find my hair to be super voluminous when I use this and the conditioner doesn't treat my hair all that well so it's not something I'll buy the full size of. The shampoo I have the full size of and will finish this month so I'll talk more about that when I've finished it.



Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Facial Toner 200ml ( reviewhere )
One of my absolute favourite toners! I've got a bit of a backup of toners I'll be moving to next, but once I've gone through some I'll definitely buy another bottle of this. This was probably my third or fourth bottle.

RODIN Oilo Lusso Luxury Face Oil 30ml ( review - here )
This is one of my favourite skincare discoveries of last year. I talked about in my review how this heals my skin from anything in just hours. My skin can look dry, unbalanced and just tired - apply this, and after an hour or two my skin looks super healthy and like I've slept in everyday for a month. I need to use up some more face oils before I buy this again, I've decided on at least two, but I will definitely buy another bottle.

Indeed Laboratories Eysilix 15ml ( here )
This is a really nice eye cream. It's lightweight, but moisturises really well and I can tell each time I've used it that the skin around my eyes look really good. It's also quite cheap so it's a really good deal all around. This isn't available to buy in Norway, if it was I'd buy it again.

Clarins Sun Control Stick SPF 30 UVA/UVB here )
This has simply gone off. I received this as part of a gift, and I've never really used it as I don't have much use for it. I do use sunscreen every single day and I'd love to use this, but as I don't go to the beach to tan in the summer, and if I'm outside I'm usually wearing a bit of makeup, this didn't really fit into my "routine" anywhere.



La Prairie Cellular Power Charge Night 1ml x 2 ( here )
I've continued using the samples I have of this, after finishing the deluxe sample I had of this and a sachet last month as well. This is really nice, but I doubt I'll pay the price for the full-size. At this point in my life, while retinols definitely do a lot of good stuff for my skin, I don't think I need to buy this kind of retinol yet.

Helena Rubinstein Collagenist V-Lift Tightening Resculpting Cream 1.5ml ( here )
This I actually felt did something, I actually felt like my skin was tightened after using this as a night cream. There was only enough for one nights use so I can't say I put it properly to the test, but the one time use definitely impressed me.

Caudalie Polyphenol C15 Overnight Detox Oil 1ml ( here )
I adore this oil. I've used several samples of this on overnight trips and I use it in place of both serum and night cream. This soothes and hydrates my skin perfectly and my skin always looks really good by next morning. I've got way too many face oils going at the moment, but this is still at the top of my to-buy list when I've gone through a few more.

Biotherm Skin Vivo Reversive Anti-Aging Serum 7ml ( here )
This is ok, but I can't say I noticed too much in terms of results. While this is indeed a more generous sample and lasted a few uses it's one I think I would need to use longer to see any proper results in terms of pigmentation marks fading and such.

Omorovicza Instant Plumping Cream 2ml ( here )
This was nice enough in terms of hydration and my skin did look rather nice the morning after the two days I used this, but I didn't notice anything special.

Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm 2ml ( review - here )
This is a favourite of mine and I have actually bought the mega-tub of this I've got waiting to crack open.

Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser here )
This was nice enough, but it's a manual scrub as well as a cleanser, and my skin don't do well with those. I tried to rub really gently and I can understand why others rave about this, but I just can't do manual scrubs, so this is a no-go for me.

Murad Age Reform Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture 0.9ml x 2 ( here )
This had quite an interesting consistency. It was really light and airy, almost "mousse-like". It also performed very well. It left my skin moisturised and looking in really good condition. I'd say I'm a bit interested in this.

Jurlique Nutri-Define Rejuvenating Overnight Cream 1ml x 2 ( here )
This was pretty decent as well. An all-around nice cream that moisturised well and kept my skin in good condition, though I didn't notice anything absolutely spectacular.



Diptyque Résine Candle 70g ( limited edition )
This was my favourite candle from the christmas set I bought last year, and I've got a full-size as well. It has a very woodsy scent, it has notes of pine needles, bark and resine. It was released this year as well as 'sapin' - it's a new name and new packaging, but it's exactly the same scent. I would've picked it up if I didn't still have the whole full-size Résine from last year left.

Ladurée Caramel scented candle 220g ( here )
This smells so good! The only downside is it burned quite black and blackened the inside of the candle quite a bit. It also didn't burn all that even and was a bit of a hassle. That aside though, it smelled absolutely incredible and filled the entire apartment with a delicious caramel scent. If this was available to buy in Norway (I bought it when I was in London) I'd buy it again.



Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush 7.5g ( here )
Having spent almost six months on one blush and not even finishing it has shown me that I really need to start trying to downsize my blushes more if I ever want to get my numbers down to where I want them. I do quite like this blush, but I just never wear it. I figured I could give it to a friend of mine I know absolutely loves it. Should I miss it, I can always buy it again after I've used up a few other of my pink blushes.

Kanebo Sensai Smoothing Water Make-Up Base 30ml ( here )
This is really nice. It's super runny, almost like water, but still manages to fill in pores and smooth the surface. It also helps keep foundation on for much, much longer. Unfortunately it has gone off. I noticed my skin started getting a bit irritated when I wear this, so it's done. I'm now down to kind of no primers, which is awesome. I have the Chanel Le Blanc, which isn't good for keeping makeup on, more for getting a glow, so I am actually in the marked for a primer now, which is incredible! I am definitely going to use up all of my samples first, which is just a few sachets and then I'll be buying a primer, because I need one!

Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation in 4.5 30ml ( review - here )
I love this foundation. It's really natural, with light to medium coverage and with a velvet finish. It's really good, but not my favourite Armani foundation, so I probably won't buy it again. Also, super exciting to be down one more foundation! I only have two foundations left plus a backup of my favourite, Lasting Silk, which I'm almost out of!

Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Kohl-Liner #1001 Black here )
I got this in a Lookfantastic Beauty Box. It's really nice as it goes on - super smooth and really, really black. Unfortunately it transferred to the top of my lid, so I'm just going to let it go, I just can't be bothered with it.



Origins VitaZing SPF 15 Energy-boosting moisturiser with Mangosteen 50ml ( here )
This is a really nice slightly tinted moisturiser that I unfortunately barely got around to using, but it's expired so it needs to go. This comes out as a white cream, but as you rub it between your fingers the colour is released and you get a nice slight tint. It gives the most amazing glow to the face. I'd love to buy this again, but it would be whenever I have nothing else like it. I really don't want to have to throw away products anymore because they got old as I never used them.

Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Granite here )
This is really nice. I've used up almost all of it, but closed it a bit too harshly and so the whole top part came off. A bit annoying, but it was on it's last legs anyway so it's ok. This was a tad dark for me, but I made it work. I'm ok sticking to just my clear brow gel for now, but if I were to buy another tinted brow gel I'd probably buy this again, just in a lighter colour.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer 1.5ml ( here )
This only gave me two uses so I can't give much of a review. I think it did help keep my makeup on for a bit longer though, but I can't say I noticed too much of a difference otherwise. It's absolutely decent, I'll give it that, and definitely considering how cheap it is (compared to what I normally use).



Chanel Rouge Coco in 05 Mademoiselle ( here )
I absolutely love this lipstick! Both the formula and colour is great. Chanel has revamped their Rouge Coco lipstick since I got this sample though, so I won't bother reviewing the lipstick itself as it doesn't exist anymore. The colour, however, exists and it's a beautiful red/brown that is just perfect for any and all occasions. The reason I'm getting rid of it is because I've had it for a while and it's just time to let it go. I also have another sample of it as well. Mostly, I've realised that I'm just not moving through my lipsticks and as I am really needing to get those numbers down I have to start somewhere. Samples should really be the first to go, so this one's going!

Mac Amplified Lipstick in Blooming Lovely ( limited edition )
I'm also getting rid of two Mac lipsticks as they are both really old, and are colours I just will never wear. First off I have this beautiful limited edition colour from the Liberty collection years ago. I've mostly held on to it for the pretty packaging, but that's silly and it needs to go. The colour is quite cool - a really fun purple colour. It's actually quite a flattering shade of purple, if I would ever actually dare wear purple lipsticks. I don't, however, so no need to keep this around.

Mac Viva Glam Gaga 1 limited edition )
This is too much of a barbie pink. I look like an absolute trainwreck wearing it, so no need to keep it around. It's also really old.

Dior Addict Extreme in 536 Lucky ( here )
This is another one that I've had for quite a few years and never finished, so am getting rid of. Especially as I have two brand new ones, also samples, ready to go. I of course won't crack those open until I've sufficiently downsized my lipstick "collection". From trying to locate this online it seems these lipsticks are discontinued, which is a shame, but at least I have two more of this which I am quite happy about then, as this is quite an awesome product, both formula and colour-wise.

Shiseido Lacquer Rouge in RD 607 ( here )
Finally I have a sample of the Shiseido liquid lipsticks. This is absolutely gorgeous, both colour and formula. It's super glossy, not at all drying and the colour is a beautiful dark vampy red. This has gone off, the formula has changed a bit, so I'm getting rid of it.


DECEMBER TOTAL:
Normal: 17
Deluxe Sample: 0
Sample: 15
Makeup Item: 7
Deluxe Sample/Mini Size Makeup Item: 4
Sample Makeup Item: 1
Nail polish: 1
Mini nail polish: 0
Jumbo Size: 3

2015 TOTAL:
Normal: 134
Deluxe Sample: 43
Sample: 76
Makeup Item: 56
Deluxe Sample/Mini Size Makeup Item: 14
Sample Makeup Item: 8
Nail polish: 5
Mini nail polish: 0
Jumbo Size: 9

And then for the comparison with last years numbers:

2014 TOTAL:
Normal: 164
Deluxe Sample: 97
Sample: 106
Makeup Item: 130
Deluxe Sample/Mini Size Makeup Item: 26
Sample Makeup Item: 6
Nail polish: 12
Mini nail polish: 18
Jumbo Size: 7

So overall I'm a lot lower, but I'm alright with that as I kind of expected it. Last year consisted of me downsizing a lot of old products I had been holding on to, this year was a lot less downsizing, and mostly using stuff up. At least in terms of skincare, bodycare and hair products.

I have to say I'm quite pleased with the total numbers for 2015. I know I've really gotten my spending under control. There's a lot less coming in than there was before. I've noticeably gotten a lot more space in drawers where I keep all of my products, and I'm really hoping that by the end of 2016 I'll feel like I don't have to "chase" after expiration dates anymore, at least not for skincare and body products.

Makeup is a bit different. While I've gotten really good at not buying "all the things", makeup takes ages to finish. I've used up a lot of base products and cream products in general, so I'm not so worried about eyeshadows and powder products in general, that's fine I feel, for now at least. My main concern for next year is lipsticks and lip gloss. I really want to use up a lot the coming year. I don't think I bought much last year, perhaps 3 lipsticks, 4? Still, barely any has been used up. I'm tempted to pick out some lipsticks that I'll say will be tossed by the end of 2016 no matter how much is left, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to it just yet. I am, however, going on a no-buy for lipsticks. I just can't buy anymore as I've got so much already that I just can't get through. I don't have as many as others, 37 lipsticks, 88 lip products in total (including tinted balms, glosses, lip oils etc.), but that's waay more than I'm comfortable with. Actually, those numbers are including the ones I've finished here, but even with those taken out, I've got too many. So that's the plan for now; no new lipsticks next year and really trying to use some up.

Other than that I've got no plans for the moment. I feel like all the other categories are fine as long as I focus on using what I have, which I am. I do plan on doing some kind of project pan, but I'm not sure when or how exactly. Until then, I hope you are having a great start to the new year! If you are doing empties posts or any kind of use-it-up project, please leave a link as I'd love to check it out. So happy new year to all of you, wishing you all the best for the year ahead!


*This post contains affiliate links
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream is the dream! Especially in this winter weather. I had no idea it was prone to going bad though! xx
    http://whatdidkatydonext.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig