1.24.2016

Project Use-it-up Finale



So finally it's time for the finale of this project! I posted my first post in this series back in January 2014, you can see my first post here , which means it's actually been two years I've been doing this project for. I've obviously added a lot of new products in as I finished others and that way have finished quite a bit, but I am happy I am finishing it now as I want to do other projects this year instead. For now though, let's see how far I got with the final products in this project.







Here's the big reveal! As you can see I haven't really finished anything since last time, which is less than two months ago, but I've made some really exciting progress.

As always, I'm listing all the previous posts so that you can check those out of you want; First post . Update #1 . Update #2 . Update #3 . Update #4 . Update #5 . Update #6 . Update #7 . Update #8 .



First off, these two. I think these have been in the project the longest, especially Omega (to the right) which has been in the project from the very first post until the end. I didn't finish it as I've kept using other things, but I've started using it daily in my eyebrows again, so I think I might see the end of this this year, finally. Romp (to the left) I've also managed to use here and there, and there's not much left in it either, so I think I'll definitely be able to finish it this year if I just stick to it.




I've gotten so far with these, I'm going to just call it quits. There's barely any product coming out anymore of the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 05 Candy Shimmer. It's also a deluxe size sample and as I've decided to really crack down on paring down my lip products this year, deluxe samples are the first that just needs to go, so even though I might have a week or two left using this, I'm going to let it go.

Same kinda goes for the Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil in 2C Rosewood. I've used this everyday in place of a lipstick for over two months now, and I just feel I've gotten the use out of this that I need to feel comfortable getting rid of it. I just want to move on to my actual lipsticks, and I really don't want to add this back to my collection and keep the tiny bit that's left hanging around for months until I even realise I still have it.



The La Mer The Powder was quite an adventurous add to the project, I must say, but also one I've only just added this fall. I've used it a lot since and have made a bit of progress. I can tell when I shake it up and hold it up to the light, but it's impossible to capture in a picture. You are just going to have to take my word for it. I love this powder, but the tub is huge and so I'm going to keep using it a lot this year to hopefully finish it at some point, maybe before 2017, we'll see.



While I didn't finish the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage either, there's so much progress, which is awesome. I won't be getting rid of this, but will continued to keep it in rotation with the goal of using it up in not too long. At least the concealer side. I'm not sure I'll ever get through the pink side, which I use as a corrector for under the eyes, but I'll keep using it as well.



Finally I have my Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Espiegle. I've worked on this for absolutely ages. If you want a blush to last you forever, buy a baked blush, cause it goes nowhere. I've managed to clear out so much pan finally though, and I'll keep working on this until it's done. I'm just way too close to put this back in my collection, that would be ridiculous. I might have decided to just say it was done if it was any other blush, but I really, really love this one and it's been one of my favourite for years, so I definitely don't want to throw any of it away. Especially as it's been discontinued. Call me crazy, but if it wasn't discontinued, I'd probably buy this again at some point.

**

So here we are, at the end. In the picture below you can see the products that are still "left" that I will be continuing to work on into this year. They will (hopefully) pop up in an empties post at some point. Like I've mentioned in my previous update post, I'm planning on doing a project pan, or some kind of other project, this year. Not for a little bit, I do feel I want a bit of a break for now, and I kind of want to finish a few of these products completely first as well as I'd like to add completely new products to whatever project I end up doing. Finally I just want to say that despite wanting a break, this project has been a lot of fun to do. I really recommend doing it if you want to focus on using stuff up, but want something a bit less intense than a project pan or seasonal challenge with a time limit. If you do end up doing any kind of use it up project, feel free to leave a link to it in the comments as I'd love to check it out.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig