11.10.2016

Empties: October 2016



I can't believe it's almost christmas! We are fast approaching my favourite time of the year - and I've already started planning and buying presents! I haven't decorated - yet, but by the time I'm writing my November empties post, I definitely will have. For my October empties I've finished quite a few products I've been using for a long time. A lot of them came as a surprise, as I wasn't expecting to finish them already, and some was a long time coming. Either way, a really great empties post this time, and I'm especially excited as I finally get to rotate in some new skincare products.



Biotherm Lait Corporel  Anti-Drying Body Milk 400ml ( here )
My all-time favourite body lotion! If I could only have one, this would be it. Definitely. It's light, but still moisturising, absorbs really quickly and smells just clean and fresh.

Kicks Body Lotion Vanilla & Coconut 300ml ( gift with purchase )
Kicks is a shop similar to Sephora that we have in Scandinavia. This body lotion is their own brand, and was actually a very generous gift with purchase! I really liked this, I have to say. It was moisturising, light, and the scent I really enjoyed. I wouldn't mind buying the full size and looking at more of the products from the Kicks brand.

Korres Moisturising Hand Cream with Organic Almond Oil & Calendula 75ml ( here )
This is a nice hand cream. I buy it mostly as it's available in a smaller convenient handbag-size. It smells of nothing too much, and it hydrates without being sticky or greasy. I got this as part of a christmas gift set last year, and definitely wouldn't mind getting another one to keep in my handbag.

La Prairie Silver Rain Body Veil 50ml ( here )
I really like the Silver Rain perfume and used the sample I have with this body lotion, which was a gift with purchase. I've heard Silver Rain is being discontinued, and am considering purchasing the perfume. The body lotion was nice enough, but nothing special. It had the same scent, which I enjoyed, but other than that it was nothing special. Considering the price, I'd definitely stick to cheaper ones, like my favourite by Biotherm.



Bioderma Make-Up Removing Micelle Solution 500ml ( here )
I've talked about this so many times I won't bore you with it again; I still love it, and am still re-purchasing. The one thing different about this one though, is that it's the one with the pump. Now, I thought this would be super convenient, but I actually hate the pump. It's harder to distribute, I always seemed to get more or less than the amount I want, and it's really annoying when I just want a bit on a q-tip. Additionally, this costs way more, so I will definitely be sticking to the normal one going forward.

Clarins Toning Lotion with Camomile 400ml ( here )
I've had this massive size for over a year! In that aspect I'm excited to be done with it and move on to something else, but besides that I really have enjoyed using this and actually wouldn't have minded simply moving on to another 400ml bottle. This is alcohol-free, super gentle and nurturing. It doesn't do anything remarkable, but it's nice and easy and really nice for everyday use.

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter 90ml ( here )
Following my favourite, and super expensive, cleansing balm by Omorovicza - the Thermal Cleansing Balm ( here ), I moved onto something quite different - the Camomile Cleansing Butter by The Body Shop. I have to say, they are quite similar in texture, feel and how the perform. The Omorovicza one is better and has a more luxurious texture, but unless I want to really treat myself the Body Shop version will be my default moving forward.



Vichy Idealia Life Serum 30ml here )
I really had absolutely no idea I was about to finish this, until one day nothing more would come out. I've used it for about 3-4 months, which isn't much for a serum when I'm not using it everyday. The texture is more of a lotion-texture, meaning it doesn't go as far as say an oil or thinner serums, so that is probably why it didn't last all that long. That aside, it was ok, but I was disappointed. I've previously used samples of this that I really enjoyed, which is why I bought it, but from using a whole bottle I have to admit I didn't really see much in terms of results. It has nice immediate effects - it makes the skin look radiant and healthy, but that's due to tiny glitter particles in the actual serum, and not due to it doing anything for the skin. This is very affordable, but unfortunately I don't think it's worth the money, even then. I do enjoy other Vichy products, and their Aqualia Thermal Serum in particular, so if you are looking to try a Vichy serum, I'd definitely steer you in that direction over this.

Pai Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream 50ml here )
This is a nice, heavier moisturiser. It's really moisturising, calming and soothing for the skin. If you haven't got dry or at least dehydrated skin, this will be too much for you. I've used this mostly on days when my skin was particularly dry, irritated, or I was staying home and wanted to give my skin a bit of an extra boost of hydration. I love the pump bottle, and that it's a more natural product.

Caudalie Polyphenol C15 SPF20 Anti-Wrinkle Protect Fluid 40ml here )
One of my favourites. This is lighter in both texture and feel, and absorbs really quickly. I love the SPF 20. I still add SPF 50 on top, but I'll take all the SPF I can get! This is also full of antioxidants and I can tell my skin is always in great condition when I have one in rotation. I've been through quite a few by now, and will definitely buy it again.

Bioderma Photoderm Max SPF50+ 30ml here )
A very nice, very light sunscreen. It's super liquid, and absorbs probably the fastest of any sunscreen I've ever used. Perfect for everyday use in combination with makeup application.



Ole Henriksen Power Peel x2 here )
This is a sample pack of two rows of the three steps. I was initially a bit scared of using it as it starts off with a manual scrub, which my skin typically reacts too. I was super gently with it, and it actually didn't irritate my skin, which is incredible! Overall the whole treatment was a lot of fun, and it left my skin super soft and clean. I am definitely interested in getting a full-size box of this!

Clarins Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm 3ml here )
I've been through quite a few samples of this lip balm in the past, and like I've said then; this is a really good lip balm. It's a thicker balm, and a bit sticky, but it's super nurturing and comfortable on the lips. Definitely one to check out now that we are headed into winter.

Kanebo Sensai Shidenkai Hair Loss Treatment for Women 10ml here )
I've used samples of this in the past as well, mostly due to curiosity as I'm not experiencing any hair loss, thank god. I can't say I notice this doing much, not now, not ever from using these. I think I still might have some samples that I'll go through at some point, but I'd definitely not put any money into this.

Clarins Super Restorative Night Wear 15ml here )
This is a really nice night cream. It's nurturing, hydrating, but not overly heavy and it didn't break me out or irritate skin at all.

La Prairie Silver Rain Eau de Parfum Spray 1.6ml here )
La Prairie's Midnight Rain is one of my most used all-time favourite perfumes. I've never been quite swayed by Silver Rain when just smelling it in-store, but after using it for as long as this sample lasted, I've really come to enjoy it. It has notes of blackberry, sugar, plum, vanilla, agarwood, patchouli, green apple and tonka beans, among several others.



Dior Overcurl Mascara 10ml ( reviewhere )
My all-time favourite mascara. Hands down. I couldn't tell you how many I've been through, but I've consistently been purchasing and re-purchasing this since it came out, which is starting to be a few years now. It gives volume, lenght and curl. Doesn't flake, doesn't smudge.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Light 2 Vanilla 6ml here )
Another long-time favourite. I use this both under the eyes and on imperfections on the face, like blemishes, redness etc. It's super quick to apply, blends effortlessly, covers really well, looks natural and lasts all day.

MAC Pro Longwear Blush in 'Baby Don't Go' 6g here )
I loved this! It was a recommendation from MLCmakeup on youtube, and all the things she said about it I've found to be true. It's a beautiful bronzer for lighter skin tones. It adds the most natural contour/bronze to the face, unlike any other bronzer I've used. I'll definitely be buying again. Also, do chekc out Michelle's channel, I've found her recommendations that I've tried to all be really, really good!

Dior Addict Extreme in '356 Cherie Bow' 3.5g ( review )
Finally I have a lipstick. As I've talked about before, I'm really trying to focus on using up and downsizing my lip products, so finishing a lip stick is awesome. This formula has been discontinued, so I won't bother saying too much about it, but I did really enjoy it and was very surprised it got discontinued after just a few years. The colour was also a really nice muted and natural pink.


OCTOBER TOTAL:
Normal: 8
Deluxe Sample: 4
Sample: 2
Makeup Item: 4
Deluxe Sample/Mini Size Makeup Item: 0
Sample Makeup Item: 0
Nail polish: 0
Mini nail polish: 
Jumbo Size: 2 

2016 TOTAL:
Normal: 123
Deluxe Sample: 32
Sample: 48
Makeup Item: 38
Deluxe Sample/Mini Size Makeup Item: 4
Sample Makeup Item: 3
Nail polish: 5
Mini nail polish: 2
Jumbo Size: 5

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig