10.28.2012

100 Days Spending Ban Challenge Update plus a Dior Grand Bal Haul

Cold Weather Wishlist

Top L-R; Estée Lauder Double Wear Light, Nars blush in 'Sin, Guerlain Meteorites Perles Du Dragon Illuminating Powder, Clarins Relaxing Treatment Body Oil.
Second row L-R; Elie Saab Perfume, Nars blush in 'Sex Appeal', Diptyque Mimosa Candle, Nars blush in 'Douceur'.
Bottom L-R; Prada Saffiano Bag, Mulberry gloves, Acne Pistol Leather Ancle Boots, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, Chanel 'Notorious', Armani Maestro Foundation, Nars blush in 'Luster'.


Guys, I cracked. Well, kind of. I've gone into the whole Dior 5 Colours Eyeshadow problem before.. It's my favourite eyeshadow formula, but I only have (had) the one, 734 Grege, as it's the only color combination I like from the vast offerings Dior have, including their limited edition releases.. Well, Grand Bal was released about a week ago here in Norway, and unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, I fell in love..

I thought about it for a week, back and forth, and wanted to wait until November 5th, as my challenge would be over then, but the stock was decreasing and I just couldn't take the risk of them running out before I got them. With only a week and a half to go I bought two eyeshadow palettes by Dior that came along with a hefty price tag, but I am so happy with my purchase and having not bought anything for ages now I don't feel so bad.

With only a short time left of the challenge I am not at all worried that I will manage to keep my wallet closed until I am officially allowed to go bananas again. Having said that, my spending has definitely changed during the challenge and I don't think that just because the challenge is over I will run out and buy lots of stuff. I have my eyes on a few things though, in particular a good blusher now that my winter pale skin is starting to be a reality.

On my wishlist is still the Elie Saab perfume, and the Prada Saffiano bag, but now in black. They are sold out in Norway, so I will have to order it from the Prada website which will cost a lot in custom fees, but I think it will be worth it. It's the perfect bag in my opinion. It's dressy and classy, but it can still be worn with black jeans and a loose t-shirt.


The gloves are by Mulberry and I wanted to buy them when I bought a scarf there the other day, but the sales assistant was so unhelpful that I wanted to wait. Of course, when I came back two days later, another unhelpful sales assistant told me they were sold out! Typical.. I'm going to have to order that online too.


The boots are by Acne, but it's not those in particular that I want, just the style. These by Acne are really nice though. I'm sure I'm the last person not to own a pair of boots like this, it seems everybody's got them. They seem really nice and a good way to dress up a bit without being uncomfortable. Especially now that winter is about to go on full blast, actual high heels are definitely out of the question, so low heeled boots will be the way forward!


The Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation have of course peeked my interest, as I'm sure all of yours as well. A brand new formula toted as a 'breakthrough' foundation is definitely on my list of things I want to try. The Estee Lauder Double Wear Light I have written a sparkling review of before and I am really keen to finally buy it when the challenge is over.


Chanel's Notorious has finally been released, but unfortunately only in the US it seems. I am of course really disappointed that I won't get the chance to try it, but that doesn't mean I can't at least put it on my wishlist.


Yes, there's 4 NARS blushes there. My skin is a lot paler now as I can't be bothered with the self tanning anymore. There's also close to no actual real sun as well so I am definitely less 'glowy' these days. Paler skin calls for a very different range of blushes, and I find myself frustrated with everyone I have at the moment. It's definitely a case of "I have nothing to wear!" whilst having a closet brimming over, but I really feel I need at least one new blush. I could have stuck to just the one, but I can't seem to make my mind up. I think Douceur will be my first purchase, but Sin, Sex Appeal and Luster is definitely on 'my list'. 


Guerlain's Meteorites pallete for Holiday 2012, the Meteorites Perles du Dragon, is also still up there, but the collection may not even be released here in Norway so those might be out of the question too. I'm sure you all want to try the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains as well, I can't get them here in Norway, no Revlon sold here, but whenever I go somewhere I will definitely be trying one of these!


I've been loving the samples I have of the Clarins Toning Body Oil. I've been using it after showering before bed and it's so nice and relaxing. I would love to try the full size of the relaxing oil, but any of the oils I'm sure would be amazing.


Last but not least is a Mimosa candle by Diptyque. This doesn't really need much explaining. It's cold outside, I love candles and my goodness if I love the smell of Mimosa. Can't think of a better candle really. Unless it's horrible in real life, I haven't actually tried it or smelled it yet. I like the idea of it at least.


And onto my little Dior haul..



So I couldn't help myself and I did actually buy both the palettes. I surprisingly loved the gold and silver one in the golden vintage case as well, but the price for that is just ridiculous. I also hate palettes with both eyeshadows and lip products inside as it can get quite messy. The powder always get stuck in the lipstick and it looks pretty dirty pretty fast.

I will go more in-depth about the palettes in a separate post that I will be doing on both of them, but in short and to any of you that might be standing in a store right now reading this, trying to decide on wether or not to buy these; do it! I LOVE them both so far and I am beyond happy I bought them. They are everything I hoped they would be and I see myself using nothing but my beloved Dior palettes for a while forward now. They are so unbelievably gorgeous!

Finally I won't go too much into the Spending Ban either as it's just a week left and I will do a bigger and more comprehensive post about it all then. So in fear of future repeating myself I will just say that it's going quite alright, BUT buying the Dior palettes definitely gave me the taste for more! November 5th really can't come quick enough now! November 4th, the last day of the challenge is in 7 days, one week exactly now and I am counting down the days!

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. totally swatched these instore and i can't get them off my mind! think i might have to go purchase them too

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. make sure you've entered my giveaway to win 30 beauty products inc essie! it's worldwide too, click here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he I had the same problem before I bought them! They are amaaaaazing though, so happy I got them! You should hurry and get them beforee they sell out :) x x

      Delete
  2. I love the ankle boots I really want a pair like this. xxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Acne makes such beautiful boots!! :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig